[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle's Top Ten WR Preview

DMD

I believe you had Steve Smith in the top ten last year and there was a bunch of people busting your chops.

Thats why you have a website for FF and they don't.

I wasn't but a top WR coming off major knee surgery is an issue. I try and avoid that in my top WR.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can hardly wait until everyone sees where Galloway is this year... :D

I grabbed him off of waivers last season and he was great. I wouldn't want him this year as I think he will go too early.

Word out of GB OTA's is Driver is catching everything in sight. When he is out of position he goes immediately to the coaches to clarify what he is doing wrong. It seems he is taking the #1 job opportunity very seriously.

If it holds you may have 9 tier one players before most of the drafts.

Edited by Randall

I wasn't but a top WR coming off major knee surgery is an issue. I try and avoid that in my top WR.

I concur....even in hindsight...I wouldn't have put him in my top 10 last year.....because of the ACL injury....

I wanted to draft him as my #2 WR last year in the 5th round....because I took 3 RB's early....but he was taken 4 picks before me and I almost cried even then because he still looked good...

he would have made my top 20 rankings easily, though because Delhomme had Muhammed as the top WR the previous year....somebody is going to catch them balls and Smith wasn't exactly chop liver.....even coming off an ACL injury..

I grabbed him off of waivers last season and he was great. I wouldn't want him this year as I think he will go too early.

Word out of GB OTA's is Driver is catching everything in sight. When he is out of position he goes immediately to the coaches to clarify what he is doing wrong. It seems he is taking the #1 job opportunity very seriously.

If it holds you may have 9 tier one players before most of the drafts.

as long as Ferguson or whoever solidifies the #2 spot....he'll be doing fine...

I like Driver as my #1 WR if I had to do it....but I love him as a #2....

as long as Ferguson or whoever solidifies the #2 spot....he'll be doing fine...

I like Driver as my #1 WR if I had to do it....but I love him as a #2....

OTA reports aren't good on Ferguson. Gardner, Boerichter and especially Greg Jennings are doing much better. I have Walker and Wayne and Driver, so it would be nice if all three are in top 12. Picking last in the draft kind of sealed my fate there.

I concur....even in hindsight...I wouldn't have put him in my top 10 last year.....because of the ACL injury....

I wanted to draft him as my #2 WR last year in the 5th round....because I took 3 RB's early....but he was taken 4 picks before me and I almost cried even then because he still looked good...

he would have made my top 20 rankings easily, though because Delhomme had Muhammed as the top WR the previous year....somebody is going to catch them balls and Smith wasn't exactly chop liver.....even coming off an ACL injury..

Smith worked extremely hard to come back even stronger than before, that attitude is rare.

In my local he went 3.10. I wish he would have been there in the 4th instead of takiing JJ Arrington. What a bust.

Edited by Randall

Smith did not have an ACL problem. He broke his leg in the season opener of 2004.

OTA reports aren't good on Ferguson. Gardner, Boerichter and especially Greg Jennings are doing much better. I have Walker and Wayne and Driver, so it would be nice if all three are in top 12. Picking last in the draft kind of sealed my fate there.

I like Gardner alot with favre throwing to him...

since he doesn't have any young WR's that have potential ahead of him (ala K Colbert) I like his chances of becomming the #2 in GB and possibly making plays...

i really liked you list up till #10

i dont think donald driver will be going before chambers and javon walker in most drafts.

IMO i would rather have a a risky darrel jackson or joe Horn instead

Driver has done it consistently with or without Walker...

but I do like him better with an actual threat on the opposite side..

One thing, DMD -- Culpepper isn't exactly learning a new offense. I'll give you the health issues, but last year was the only year of his career when he WASN'T in a Linehan system.

That said, I completely concur with your assessment of Chambers. I've owned Chambers every year of his career and I keep waiting for the usual steady production from a clearly talented receiver. Instead, I get decent TD production but no consistency. By this point of a WR's career, they should have reached a 2-year plateau of good production.

Of course Chambers could break the mold, but for the most part, if a receiver hasn't reached that plateau of consistent production by now, they never do.

i really liked you list up till #10

i dont think donald driver will be going before chambers and javon walker in most drafts.

IMO i would rather have a a risky darrel jackson or joe Horn instead

No, but he should. Consider it a gift.

I like Gardner alot with favre throwing to him...

since he doesn't have any young WR's that have potential ahead of him (ala K Colbert) I like his chances of becomming the #2 in GB and possibly making plays...

I hope so. He recently got to GB so we'll see when he goes up against good corners-when they show up that is.

Edited by Randall

This has already been covered most likely, but Smith broke his leg game 1 of the 2004 season and was nearly 100% before minicamps last year much less than TC.

Burress? :D Sorry.... I think that's nuts. IF he can stay out of trouble, out of jail and out of Coughlin's dog house, he might be a top twenty, but I have doubts about even that. Driver is going to have a great year. No way, barring injury, he doesn't make top 10.

PD's Top 10 WR

Smith

Owens

CJ

Moss

Fitz

Harrison

Boldin

Chambers

DJax

Burress

I just can't see DJax this high and Driver out of the top 10. He was out 9 games last year I think and the injury risk is too high right now. I also don't think Smith will repeat unless Key or Carter show they can contribute too.

Mark my words ... CPep's career is over.

You know the Viking's refusal to allow doctors to look at him before the trade made me think so too, now I'm not so sure. He isn't planting and cutting, but seems to throw OK. Maybe maybe not. Marino and Fouts couldn't run either.

Edited by Randall

Burress? :D Sorry.... I think that's nuts. IF he can stay out of trouble, out of jail and out of Coughlin's dog house, he might be a top twenty, but I have doubts about even that. Driver is going to have a great year. No way, barring injury, he doesn't make top 10.

Just remember this-GB OL is horrible and may not give Favre time to make him a top 10 target. When one get's to the 10th pick at WR, well we could go many directions-Burress, Driver, Ward, Horn, TJH, Wayne etc and I find the 10th to be darn near interchangeable. Smith will not repeat last years #'s and to think so would be foolish, but still #1 on my board.

I can't say that I care for Fitz and Boldin continualy being thought of in the same tier around here.

If history is a judge for teams with a talented pair of WRs (Holt/Bruce, Harrison/Wayne especially come to mind), it ends up that one of them gets the top tier points, and the other ends up more like a #2. This is especially true after a year when both WRs have great numbers. Both get inflated in the fantasy drafts the next year. Yes, yes, there are a couple of exceptional years where both still rock, but it takes a Super Bowl run or a QB breaking records for that to happen. And now Arizona should have a running game as well.

I don't know for sure how you pick which one will be the #1 or #2 for Fitz vs. Boldin, but I have zero confidence they will both be tier 1 at the end of the year. Thus I downgrade both. I'd rather take a chance on a WR who at least is the sure #1 WR option on his team.

I can't say that I care for Fitz and Boldin continualy being thought of in the same tier around here.

If history is a judge for teams with a talented pair of WRs (Holt/Bruce, Harrison/Wayne especially come to mind), it ends up that one of them gets the top tier points, and the other ends up more like a #2. This is especially true after a year when both WRs have great numbers. Both get inflated in the fantasy drafts the next year. Yes, yes, there are a couple of exceptional years where both still rock, but it takes a Super Bowl run or a QB breaking records for that to happen. And now Arizona should have a running game as well.

I don't know for sure how you pick which one will be the #1 or #2 for Fitz vs. Boldin, but I have zero confidence they will both be tier 1 at the end of the year. Thus I downgrade both. I'd rather take a chance on a WR who at least is the sure #1 WR option on his team.

For me it's easy. Fitz will be the clear #1, IMO. He was drafted by Denny Green whereas, Boldin was the former staff's pick. Also, Boldin has had a bit of an injury past which only adds more risk in picking him. If they are both around and I'm picking, I'm taking Fitz for shizzle.