[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle's Top Ten WR Preview

DMD

I can't say that I care for Fitz and Boldin continualy being thought of in the same tier around here.

If history is a judge for teams with a talented pair of WRs (Holt/Bruce, Harrison/Wayne especially come to mind), it ends up that one of them gets the top tier points, and the other ends up more like a #2. This is especially true after a year when both WRs have great numbers. Both get inflated in the fantasy drafts the next year. Yes, yes, there are a couple of exceptional years where both still rock, but it takes a Super Bowl run or a QB breaking records for that to happen. And now Arizona should have a running game as well.

I don't know for sure how you pick which one will be the #1 or #2 for Fitz vs. Boldin, but I have zero confidence they will both be tier 1 at the end of the year. Thus I downgrade both. I'd rather take a chance on a WR who at least is the sure #1 WR option on his team.

Yep. :D I'll let someone else take them every time.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey P.D.....Holt's still in the league,ain't he? :D

:D I know I should have #ed them-let me count because there is Holt......OK. I have Burress at #11 and Holt is 4th between CJ and Moss. Thanks HowBout'em.

Also, I take QB directly into account when pondering WR's

Horn has Brees-still a ? for me

Roy Williams has..has...see my point.

Burress has an up and coming QB throwing him the ball and I see much more upside in Burress than some of the others that start to muddle up after the 10th WR taken.

:D I know I should have #ed them-let me count because there is Holt......OK. I have Burress at #11 and Holt is 4th between CJ and Moss. Thanks HowBout'em.

Also, I take QB directly into account when pondering WR's

Horn has Brees-still a ? for me

Roy Williams has..has...see my point.

Burress has an up and coming QB throwing him the ball and I see much more upside in Burress than some of the others that start to muddle up after the 10th WR taken.

Kitna or McCown is still better than Harrington or Garcia who has an arm comparable to an old woman..

Oh cmon David M. You can take those last 3 off. Boldin and Fitz sort of negate each other and Harrison is in decline......nobody w/a clue takes a player in decline #1 at his position. This is a top 5.

Thank you for making me and countless others not feel so much like a newbie.

I love this part of the season at huddle.

Thank you for making me and countless others not feel so much like a newbie.

I love this part of the season at huddle.

Makes you feel are warm and fuzzy inside doesn't it?

Note to newbies (and yes I understand that I am still one, so I will save you the time):

Step 1: Read posts

Step 2: Reflect on posts

Step3: Study posts

Step4: REPEAT

(Notice that no where do I mention REPSOND to posts, that comes much later)

Basically what I am trying to say is resist the urge to respond to posts with out putting enough time into not looking like an idiot.