[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mock #2 sign-ups, 10 team league

DMD

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trrhyne very nice value getting parker in round 6...i thought about him for just a second but he would have been RB#4 so I thought AJ was a better value but Parker at 6.8 is very nice indeed

Parker was my RB4 if Mason didn't fall. I had AJ, Mason and Parkewr as my 3 preselects with 2 to go before me. I really didn't need RB4 obviously but Parker that late with Ben in the hospital was too good of a vale to let pass.

i had a feeling you were looking at Parker

Being leery of targeting a tier one TE too early... and failure to pick a RB with the 2nd pick vice picking a WR may have just done me in. I am going to end up with a so-so team it appears.

Edit: The above, and Chargerz amazing ability to pick my pre-select first choice almost every freakin' time! :D

Edited by skylive5

Being leery of targeting a tier one TE too early... and failure to pick a RB with the 2nd pick vice picking a WR may have just done me in. I am going to end up with a so-so team it appears.

Edit: The above, and Chargerz amazing ability to pick my pre-select first choice almost every freakin' time! :D

well fwiw I think that at least for this pick chargerz is gonna make you wait before he snipes you(i think he has a Dr. appt or something like that)

and sky when in doubt DRAFT KYLE BOLLER :D

1.09 Brown, Ronnie

With no Ricky to split carries, the opportunity to be a workhorse is staring him in the face. The other option here was Steven Jackson. I think either would have been a solid choice. I went with Brown simply because I see more opportunity for him as a receiver and the ppr scoring tips it slightly in his favor.

2.02 Johnson, Rudi

Not a huge pass catching threat, but the guy is solid as the #2. Should be guaranteed points every week. Briefly considered Westbrook because in this format he can be a monster. Durability concerns kept me away. With Ronnie Brown in only his second season, I wanted a more dependable #2 who could fill the #1 role as well.

3.09 Jackson, Darrell

The top receivers were gone before this next pick, but DJ has top ten potential and should be a solid #1.

4.02 Burress, Plaxico

Eli is improving. Plax is his #1. I'm hoping another year together will improve the consistancy and I'll see more of the receiver he was in the first half than the second half. Could have gone with a QB such as Brady, Hasselbeck or Eli, but I thought one of them might slide back. They almost did with Brady going just two spots before my next pick. Since we have to start three WR, this still is a decent pick with good upside.

5.09 Heap, Todd

With two of the next four picks I wanted to get both a TE and a QB. Heap and Crumpler were both available. I suspected that the two picks between mine might also go QB and TE. I like Heap better and felt he would likely not survice the next two picks. Could have gone QB instead, but.....

6.02 Bulger, Marc

I could have gone McNabb here, but coming off a multitude of injuries, loss of his OC, loss of his top receiver, lack of an established #1 receiver left behind made me shy away. I like Bulger this year with what should be better protection schemes, a more balanced attack and the return of his entire receiving core. I took a gamble that McNabb would be the next QB to go and if not, he would still be there with this pick. I would have been happy to get either one. So I wound up with the TE I prefered and the QB I prefered as a safer decision.

Not a bad team, but it's definately tougher drafting at the back end this year. More so than previous years I can remember. I'm also finding that drafting against Huddler's is different than most of the leagues I am in. You guys are more flexible and unpredictable in your drafting styles. I found this out during the first mock draft. My experience has always been that people tend to draft RB and WR heavily even through the first four to five rounds, and quality QB, and TE can still be found later. You saw this in my first mock.

Keg has shaken it up a little with the WR/WR picks in the first two rounds as well. Probably cost me a shot at one of DMD's must have top 10. :D

Positions taken by round

Round 1: 0QB, 9RB, 1WR, 0TE, 0PK, 0DT

Round 2: 1QB, 2RB, 7WR, 0TE, 0PK, 0DT

Round 3: 0QB, 4RB, 5WR, 1TE, 0PK, 0DT

Round 4: 2QB, 4RB, 3WR, 1TE, 0PK, 0DT

Round 5: 2QB, 3RB, 2WR, 3TE, 0PK, 0DT

Edited by keggerz

Positions taken by round

I've never done a 10 team before. Is this unusual at all?

I'll throw mine out there for what its worth

1.10 - Steven Jackson - Was happy to get him here as a #1 RB. With Faulk likely to retire Jackson sould get the load and I expect a pretty substaintial increase in receptions this year with faulk either gone or on an even more limited role.

2.01 - Chad Johnson - could have had rudi johnson or lamont jordan here and starting to think i should have gone with one of them, non the less I am big fan on johnson and I fully expect Palmer to recover for the season opener. Also could have gone with any reciever other then Smith, Holt might have been a better choice but only time will tell.

3.10 - Donald Driver - very happy with this pick. Driver is the uncontested #1 in green bay and in PPR he fairs quite well. Another top ten WR according to DMD and in my book also

4.01 - Reuben Droughns - Solid pick here but nothing to write home about, although I was happy to get him in the 4th round as my #2 RB. He was 11th in both rushing yards and receptions last year and I expect that he should improve on his dismal 2 TDs last season

5.10 - Alge Crumpler - Top 5 TE whose at his prime and the focal point of the Falcons passing game, which doesnt say awhole lot but a very consistent TE, could have gotten willie parker here however as a viable RB #3, could end up costing me in the end

6.01 - Donovan McNabb - Very happy with this one, IMHO McNabb will boucne back this season, at least in the top 10 and very possibly in the top 5. I expect Reggie Brown to immerge this year as a clear #1 and Todd is back to fill the #2 WR spot. Contrary to popular opinion I think McNabb is in for a good season

Positions taken by round

I've never done a 10 team before. Is this unusual at all?

I think it is a little. I would have expected it to be a more even balance between the two.

I think it is a little. I would have expected it to be a more even balance between the two.

my game plan was to go WR WR and hope to start a WR run so that some RBs would fall just in case I wasnt able to go WR WR WR

and i think it worked :D

Sorry to hold things up. Just got back from the doctor and lunch. I'm home the rest of the day.

I was ONE PICK from getting Willie Parker!!!! :D D@mn you Rhino!!! :D:D

Sorry to keep picking your preselects right before you, Sky!! :D Great minds think alike!!!!! :D

Updated thru round 6

Positions taken by round

Round 6: 2QB, 4RB, 4WR, 0TE, 0PK, 0DT

Updated thru round 6

Positions taken by round

Interesting. This reflects what will probably occur in drafts this year. A smaller number of top-tier RB's (about 10) and QB's (Manning) will cause many to draft the top-tier WR's (about 8-10) and TE's (about 5) in earlier rounds. Then owners will go back and complete their rosters with the RB's, WR's, TE's, and QB's that are left.

Interesting. This reflects what will probably occur in drafts this year. A smaller number of top-tier RB's (about 10) and QB's (Manning) will cause many to draft the top-tier WR's (about 8-10) and TE's (about 5) in earlier rounds. Then owners will go back and complete their rosters with the RB's, WR's, TE's, and QB's that are left.

even more intersting is how different a 10 team draft is from a 12 and 16 team draft

Updated thru round 9

Positions taken by round

Round 7: 1QB, 5RB, 3WR, 1TE, 0PK, 0DT

Round 8: 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 0PK, 1DT

Round 9: 1QB, 3RB, 3WR, 2TE, 0PK, 1DT

Edited by keggerz