[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BOW revealed

DMD

Before an explanation, let's first consider why the concept was created and what need it was intended to fill.

During June and July, most of you are searching for information and creating your own cheatsheets/projections. That usually entails reviewing the previous stats and keeping up on the changes that will affect a player. As we know, most significant players end up being discussed here on the message board. So there is a large collection of people fired up for the new season and needing player information and who use the message board for at least some of that. This is what BOW addresses.

BOW creates a highly structured way for people to learn about all significant fantasy players and make their own decisions based on solid stats and info, and share their thoughts with others. BOW is about learning all you can and sharing what you know. BOW is like a summer school that you actually want to attend.

Starting today and lasting for 32 days (MON thru FRI), pinned to the top of this forum will be threads for the significant fantasy players from a NFL team, one team per day. Discussing and learning about players can really only be done within the context of their team. Considering players independently from the others on their team is a woefully insufficient way to evaluate him. This is not golf. The entire team matters first.

Each thread has facts to consider when evaluating a player, a link to his player page with detailed info for him including his stats both cumulatively and every week for the last three years. There is also a link to a team stats page to show both the cumulative and weekly stats for every player on that team in 2005 so that comparisons inside the team are easier to make.

Each thread also contains a a poll about that player. It has his stats from last year and then asks if he will be the same, better or worse than last year. It measures the consensus on whether a player will be Better or Worse (BOW) from last year. Many people live by the prior year stats but are those truly reliable indicators? By no means always.

In those threads I encourage people to share thoughts, ask questions and offer opinions or information. If there is a need for more involved stats or info, I will track it down. If a particular player does not have his own thread and there is enough call for it, I can whip up the player page for him and start that poll. I will lead the discussions and make sure you have more than enough to make an educated assessment about a player. I will not be overly zealous in giving my personal take on a player because that is what the Huddle rankings are for but I will make comments and such because I would hyperventilate if I never took a stand.

This also means that for one day during the next 32 work days, you will probably know more than most anyone else when your local team comes up - hope you will share any local knowledge or tidbits you might have.

So BOW is really just one part of what we call the Fantasy University - Class of 2006. For the next month, we will step through each NFL team one per day and review the significant fantasy players from that team with all the supporting data you need. After the day has passed, the players from the "team of the day" will be moved to the Fantasy University forum so you can still read them and continue to contribute if you like. If you miss a few days, you can just go there and read the threads, player pages, stats, and polls to catch back up.

This is a productive, entertaining and effective way to do your research. This is designed to grant you all the info you will need to make your own rankings (or at least better understand ours) in a highly structured, easy to use format.

Once we conclude with the Washington Redskins, you should be as "player wise" as is possible. I honestly think that this will be the best "tool" anywhere to help understand players and make educated assessments. Only takes a bit of time every day and by August, huddlers should easily retain their place as the smartest people on the planet.

So put out those cigarettes, tuck in your shirt and grab your sprial notebook ...

Nice idea... especially helpful for people that will have early drafts. I have a feeling I will be printing out each one of these for my archives.

I wonder if I can get college credit for this? :D

Nice idea... especially helpful for people that will have early drafts. I have a feeling I will be printing out each one of these for my archives.

I wonder if I can get college credit for this? :D

College Credit??? I want a diploma!!

College Credit??? I want a diploma!!

It takes two years to get an Associates degree

four years for a Bachelors degree

six years for a Masters degree

eight years for a Doctorate degree

ten years for Black Belt Doctorate with parking privileges.