[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do players w/ wierd names / girl names not get enough credit?

muck

I was wondering recently why Tiki really has never had the same sort of (relative) high rankings as other (lesser) running backs.

I think that it's only been in the last year or two that TB has been ranked pre-season above a guy like Deuce McAllister. A travesty.

I've also been noticing that Rudi Johnson has been put lower for some/many than his stats may warrant.

...and, I've been wondering how much of it is subliminal...

Tiki. What kind of screwed up name is that? I ain't drafting anyone named "Tiki".

Rudi. What, is he a she? If he was a real man, he'd spell "Rudy" the correct way. I'm not drafting my RB1 with the chick spelling of his name.

...just a theory...

Does it apply to anyone else? Dunno? Does Torry Holt get dinged a spot or two in drafts for having the same name (diff't spelling) as Mr. Spelling's daughter? Has Marvin Harrison been habitually (and subconsciously) downgraded because he has a "nerdy" name?

...thinking about the psychology of the draft made me go hmmmmmm...

You mean players like Carroll Dale?

I think Tiki is small and many think he will have another bad season where he fumbled eveything.

Rudi has Perry to take carries from.

Ronde Barber gets drafted very high in IDP.

Now Bush is also considered too small to be an every down back. I don't think it's the name.

Now isn't Lamont a name from Sanford and Son? :D Perhaps that's why he isn't picked.

I agree! I think that is the same reason that Whitney doesnt get as much credit around here as David Dorey... :D

Whitney rarely responds to anything. Didn't he still kick Az's ass in the fights?

Edited by Randall

You people are nuts if you don't think that psychology doesn't play a role in the way FF drafts go.

It applies in who we date, where we work, where we live ... surely it impacts who we draft.

And, I'm not saying that it causes Tiki to drop 2 rounds ... but, maybe (on average) it causes him to drop 2 spots.

Maybe it's garbage, but no one else has bothered to put forward an explaination that assesses why certain players are routinely "over drafted" (i.e., they habitually go too early ... like Stallworth and McAllister) and others are "under drafted" (like, potentially Rudi Johnson and Tiki Barber).