[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Santana Moss

fitzkek

Can we really expect Santana Moss to duplicate what he did last season? With the acquistions the Redskins have made in the off season, I don't see him putting up the same type of numbers as last season. For one, it's impossible for me to trust Brunell. I actually think that Portis will benefit most from them picking up Randle El.

Just some thoughts. I didn't know how anyone else felt about this.

Edited by fitzkek

No way he repeats last year, IMO. I say he falls out of the top 20, but that's just me going on nothing but hunch and the fact that I think he's hughly overrated. It would be interesting to accumulate what portion of his stats came in the last couple minutes of a game. It just seemed to me that he got insanely lucky (as did the whole Redskins team) in a few last minutes wins.

Anyone feel like doing some research?

I'm with Brent on this one.

I don't consider SMoss a solid #1 fantasy reciever.

A lot was luck last year.

Not to mention Brunell will have 3 above average WR's this year rather than Moss.

I think this will help free him up, so lots of 30+ catches.

But no where near last year's numbers.

I am going to be contrarian and say he remains top-10 material ...

Losing all the double teams cant be a bad thing ... and he will have a ton of big plays ...

It could also hurt him. I think he might get doubled most of the time leaving Randle El open quite a bit. Defenses would much rather be nickled and dimed down the field instead of being hit w/big plays IMO.

Long plays from scrimmage are not consistent from week to week.

Santana Moss LIVED off of long plays.

He won't have as many this coming season as he had last year.

His numbers will be lower.

Definitely not good enough for you to trade your 4th rounder for, when you have a chance to get a RB, which is what you really need. Of course, the guy you are trading with has made a living of talking you into whatever he wants.......

Oh well, It's too late now........ :D

I've always liked Moss, predidted last year that he'd succeed where Coles failed as a Redskin, and I think he'll be a solid FF contributer again this year. But I think we'll see a bit more of Portis and Cooley this year, and Brunnell (assuming he shakes the funk he crept into in the 2nd half of last season) will have even more added receiving options this year, compared to last. I'd snap up S. Moss as a prized #2 WR, but I think he'll likely get drafted before someone like Housh. And I'm not prepared, at least not at this point, to reach for Moss before before Housh. Though, if either is available 55+ picks in, I'd be stoaked.

Edited by yo mama

He is very similar to Steve Smith in size and speed... That can't hurt. :D

that's what I say all the time but all the haters out there still wanna bash him simply becaue he is on the redskins.

I say that S. moss will get 1350 yards and 9 tds this year.

I don't see Santana being as productive as last season, he is not like Steve Smith (other than in stature/speed).

Moss is far more inconsistant than S.Smith, which where-in lies his biggest problem.

Even if Moss does produce the same numbers, he will kill you in fantasy. Lets take last season for example, of his 9 TDs; 7 came over 3 games. That means the other 13 weeks he had 2 TDs, which will kill you because he will have his killer weeks when you are benching him for being terrible.

Not to mention 2 TDs were in the last 6 minutes vs. the Cowboys (which shouldn't have happened; at least that 2nd one).

Santana might be able to stay in the top 20 after the year is said and done, I don't see it.