[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben in mc accident

Front Row

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is life outside of football. people have many different things they do for fun. if riding is his, then so be it.

I mean football is not the safest thing for a person to do itself now is it?

At least they wear helmets!

There is life outside of football. people have many different things they do for fun. if riding is his, then so be it.

True. Doesn't mean he's not a selfish idiot for putting his "fun" of riding a bike without a helmet in downtown Pittsburgh ahead of his responsibilities to his team that has paid him a lot of money to take care of his physical condition.

Roethlesberger is the bigger idiot.

Winslow was an idiot. Then after Winslow played the idiot, Roethlesberger said, "I don't wear a helmet". And was too stupid to put 2 and 2 together.

Roethlesberger is by far the bigger idiot.

Roethlesberger is the bigger idiot.

Winslow was an idiot. Then after Winslow played the idiot, Roethlesberger said, "I don't wear a helmet". And was too stupid to put 2 and 2 together.

Roethlesberger is by far the bigger idiot.

Interesting take. I guess after you see what can happen and do not apply thge phisics to yourself, then your argument holds water!

Interesting take. I guess after you see what can happen and do not apply thge phisics to yourself, then your argument holds water!

The real question is Ben's contract. What clauses are there about 'unapproved' activities? What are the financial repercussions? These are the things Ben needed to take away from Kellen's problems.

Edited by DKF

Yes, there is a difference.

The only difference is in the way it happened. Ben may be more of an idiot, since he didn't wear his helmet (actually refused after efforts to have him wear it) and it was after the Winslow incident. The ole' "can't happen to me syndrome", I guess. I'm not wishing the man ill, just don't think making a joke about it is a mortal sin or will effect the man in any way. I really don't care what the man does to pass his time or does for a hobby. He's a person just like the rest of us but, he's as ignorant as a telephone pole for not wearing a helmet.

Nice spelling job :D

The only difference is in the way it happened. Ben may be more of an idiot, since he didn't wear his helmet (actually refused after efforts to have him wear it) and it was after the Winslow incident. The ole' "can't happen to me syndrome", I guess. I'm not wishing the man ill, just don't think making a joke about it is a mortal sin or will effect the man in any way. I really don't care what the man does to pass his time or does for a hobby. He's a person just like the rest of us but, he's as ignorant as a telephone pole for not wearing a helmet.

I'm not complaining about any jokes.

There is a difference between just riding the bike down the street and doing stunts in a parking lot.

As I've said 5 times already - Ben is a selfish idiot.

The real question is Ben's contract. What clauses are there about 'unapproved' activities? What are the financial repercussions? These are the things Ben needed to take away from Kellen's problems.

Read Post #16 from page 1 of this thread, for the answer to your question.

A police officer at the scene told Channel 11's Rick Earle that Roethlisberger did not appear to be seriously injured.

His official condition is not known at this time.

A witness also told Rick Earle she was there shortly after the accident happened. She said she saw Roethlisberger with blood on his face and appeared to be talking when he was put into the ambulance.

Other witnesses at the scene also said that Ben tried to get up, but several people rushed to him and told him to stay down.

Rick Earle said the motorcycle apparently collided with the front passenger side of the vehicle.

The car involved had a Maine license plate.

Channel 11's Alby Oxenreiter reported that Art Rooney II said, "I think it's going to be alright."

Lt. Kevin Kraus said city police and Pennsylvania State Police are investigating the accident together.

Channel 11's Renee Kaminski reported that Charlie Batch arrived at the hospital to visit his fellow quarterback.

Ben Roethlisberger and his mom were to begin shooting a Campbell's Chunky Soup commercial this week at Heinz Field.

A local crew was scheduled to help with the $2 million dollar shoot.

The latest campaign featured Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb and his mom.

Not to joke about it, and I don't wish Ben any ill will, but did we not learn anything from Earl Hicky? This is karma baby, too much adamant talk about not wearing a helmet, too much publicity about his opinions on helmets.

Time to make a list Ben :D

I'm not complaining about any jokes.

There is a difference between just riding the bike down the street and doing stunts in a parking lot.

As I've said 5 times already - Ben is a selfish idiot.

Hugh difference. KW2 is the bigger idiot. Ben is just stubborn and selfish.

Why mention the Donovan McNabb line? That's hilarious. I saw an article about the Break Up movie, "it made $$$ in the first weekend and stars Jennifer Aniston and ..." The last line was "Jennifer Aniston was married to Brad Pitt" Like no one knows or they just want the article to show up if "Brad Pitt" is searched for. It had no relevance to the rest of the article.

Silly.

I can't figure out how to quote Squeegiebo. Newb.

Edited by Gonkis

Larry M. Jones, Chief of Trauma & Burn Unit at Mercy Hospital said Roethlisberger is in serious but stable condition. He is currently in the operating room undergoing surgery for injuries received in the accident. Jones said Roethlisberger was coherent and talked to the doctors before the operation.

Why mention the Donovan McNabb line? That's hilarious. I saw an article about the Break Up movie, "it made $$$ in the first weekend and stars Jennifer Aniston and ..." The last line was "Jennifer Aniston was married to Brad Pitt" Like no one knows or they just want the article to show up if "Brad Pitt" is searched for. It had no relevance to the rest of the article.

Silly.

I can't figure out how to quote Squeegiebo. Newb.

Agreed the MCnabb reference was utter stupidity, no relevance to the story, its like they would have added in that "Fellow Super Bowl winning Quaterback, Troy Aikmen is doing fine"