[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben in mc accident

Front Row

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per ESPN SPortscenter - Repeated his head hit the windshield and then the ground. Cowher heading to the hospital. Gash on his forehead. Said there was a serious concern but that the reporter sensed it was not a bad as some might think (?).

Said Cowher had strongly advised Ben to wear a helmet and he said he did not need one.

Hospital not issuing a statement nor is team.

"He is hurt"

That was all.

Roethlisberger injured in accident

By Jill King Greenwood and and Karen Roebuck

TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Monday, June 12, 2006

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger suffered a serious head injury this morning after his motorcycle collided with a car on Second Avenue near the 10th Street Bridge, police said.

Roethlisberger, who was not wearing a helmet, collided with a Chrysler sedan shortly before 11:25 a.m. and was thrown off his motorcycle, flying headfirst into the car's windshield "with a pretty good force," said a veteran city police officer.

Roethlisberger was taken to Mercy Hospital, said a Steelers spokesman, who declined to provide other information.

The car, which has Maine license plates, was turning left onto the 10th Street Bridge from Second Avenue and Roethlisberger was driving straight on Second and apparently was not looking when he collided with the car, police said.

Police closed down the bridge, Second Avenue and the Armstrong Tunnels.

Wow, just reading this now. What a great week I'm having. :D

I really hope Ben is o.k. He was warned time and time again about the bike, and he simply wouldn't listen. I have many posts on here telling him to get off the damn bike. However, at this time, we have no idea of the seriousness of it, so my first thoughts is that he is o.k. personally, and football is an afterthought. I know we joke around, but, I don't think this is a time to be joking about how Menudo is handling this. I'm just like anyone else with a heart, I hope the guy is not injured badly and I'll worry about football once that part is resolved.

This has been confirmed on local Pittsburgh news. Apparently a car pulled out infront of him on 2nd ave in Pgh. He reportedly went over the handlebars and hit his head into the cars windshield. Not wearing a helmet. Is in Mercy hospital in Pgh but no news on extent of injuries.

Yeah, I just heard this on the radio here in St. Louis. Pretty much word for word.

They just said on KDKA Tv in Pittsburgh that he has some head and facial injuries and a possible broken jaw. Not confirmed though.

Well, that doesn't sound too bad, I guess. Best case scenario, the injuries aren't too serious, and it is a wake-up call for him to get off the damned bike or, at the very least, put on a helmet !!!!!

Well, that doesn't sound too bad, I guess. Best case scenario, the injuries aren't too serious, and it is a wake-up call for him to get off the damned bike or, at the very least, put on a helmet !!!!!

I totally agree. Hopefully he does not have any swelling on the brian, or a bruised brain. Those injuries can linger for a lnog time. Hopefully it is all just bumps and bruises (minus the jaw) and that he learns his lesson and either starts wearing the helmet or stops driving the MC all together. Get well soon!

Edited by BigTen

Besides a concussion (obviously), my biggest concern would be his neck. QBs do not need balky necks and speaking as someone who has been in a very serious accident with head trauma (went through a window), it takes a good amount of time before it approaches being normal. It was 25 years ago for me and I can still tell the difference though I had some major lacerations too.

Have to think that if it was downtown in Pittsburgh that he was not going all that fast?

Maybe the beard would have helped to save him from further damage. :D (these comments are a direct shot at Menudo only)

Yes, and very classsy. Say what you want about me, but I would never stoop this low. To each their own.

Are we racist? Why all the well wishes for Big Ben and brief mentions of lack in judgement, when everyone on here crucified Winslow for basically the same thing? Or are we just selfesh, and more of us have Big Ben on our teams? I'm now Winslow fan, but I fail to see a significant differnece in the two.