[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben in mc accident

Front Row

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we racist? Why all the well wishes for Big Ben and brief mentions of lack in judgement, when everyone on here crucified Winslow for basically the same thing? Or are we just selfesh, and more of us have Big Ben on our teams? I'm now Winslow fan, but I fail to see a significant differnece in the two.

Difference is that Ben was just in an accident though poor judgement in not wearing a helmet.

Winslow was purposefully trying to show off and do a dangerous stunt on his bike.

Have to think that if it was downtown in Pittsburgh that he was not going all that fast?

Not a safe assumption. This is not in the middle of town where there's be a bunch of traffic and pedestrians to contend with - it's along the river at the edge of town. Not sure what the speed limit is there, but if he had the right of way going straight, and she made a left turn in front of him, he could have been going fairly fast.

Are we racist? Why all the well wishes for Big Ben and brief mentions of lack in judgement, when everyone on here crucified Winslow for basically the same thing? Or are we just selfesh, and more of us have Big Ben on our teams? I'm now Winslow fan, but I fail to see a significant differnece in the two.

Both are idiots for driving a MC IMHO. However the difference is that it sounds like Ben did nothing wrong and paid for someone elses mistake (illegal turn). Winslow did it to himself by acting stupid. Either way I fail to see where the racism come in! :D

Edited by BigTen

More likely transferred passive aggression at the Postons :D

I think it was Winslow's "warrior" talk that cause people to crucify him. Ben is more of a fan favorite.

Personally, I don't waste the energy getting fired up about either, just hate to see anyone with NFL talent waste it on a mc. It's irresponsible.

Why all the well wishes for Big Ben and brief mentions of lack in judgement, when everyone on here crucified Winslow for basically the same thing? Or are we just selfesh, and more of us have Big Ben on our teams? I'm now Winslow fan, but I fail to see a significant differnece in the two.

I was thinking the same thing but not as a racist approach. It's unfortunate for Big Ben but people crucified Winslow on the boards. I'm sure it has a lot to do with Ben winning a Super Bowl and his personality is better. :D

I think it was Winslow's "warrior" talk that cause people to crucify him.

I'm not so sure. Have you watched any of the NBA playoffs? I can't count how many times a player has been refered to as a warrior, or how many times a team has "battled back". It is just sports termiology, like linemen donw in the trenches.

I was thinking the same thing but not as a racist approach. It's unfortunate for Big Ben but people crucified Winslow on the boards. I'm sure it has a lot to do with Ben winning a Super Bowl and his personality is better. :D

No. Ben was not popping wheelies in a freaking parking lot. He was driving straight down the street and some biitch cut him off. Big difference.

But that is a risk one takes when riding a motorcycle, and he is a selfish idiot for taking that risk when he is being paid millions of dollars to stay healthy.

Are you paying attention? Ben's getting plenty of guff here for being an idiot.

I'm not so sure. Have you watched any of the NBA playoffs? I can't count how many times a player has been refered to as a warrior, or how many times a team has "battled back". It is just sports termiology, like linemen donw in the trenches.

I have a right to like or dislike someone totally based on their public persona. To accuse me of racism, denegrates me and all of my people. I think this calls for a banning. :D

No. Ben was not popping wheelies in a freaking parking lot. He was driving straight down the street and some biitch cut him off. Big difference.

But that is a risk one takes when riding a motorcycle, and he is a selfish idiot for taking that risk when he is being paid millions of dollars to stay healthy.

:D Tru Dat!

Are you paying attention? Ben's getting plenty of guff here for being an idiot.

People are questioning his lack of judgement, not spewing venom like they did with Winslow. I really don't care, I think they are both idiots.

Of course you're right, and there's no difference. Making light of the situation has no bearing on his condition anyway. It's just Menudo's man love for him. I wouldn't come out and say I hope things go badly for him but, to make a joke here or there doesn't hurt either. Just don't wish the man ill that's all. Wishing the man ill would be in bad taste. A joke is a joke.

John Clayton saying that it is does not appear to be career threatening, but that he is in trauma ward now and they will be testing him much of the day. Ben is conscious and alert. No speculation on how badly he is hurt really other than he will live and it does not appear to be career threatening.