[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where do the Steelers stand now?

Liverlips

If Ben is out for the season, the Steelers will still play decent football, as they have a lot of other talent. However, I see their chances at a repeat as minimal, because, despite what some want to believe, Roethlisberger is a big reason for their recent success and Super Bowl victory. Some guys just have that "it" factor that makes them winners, and Ben is one of them.

.......cue the manlove comments.............

If Ben is out for the season, the Steelers will still play decent football, as they have a lot of other talent. However, I see their chances at a repeat as minimal, because, despite what some want to believe, Roethlisberger is a big reason for their recent success and Super Bowl victory. Some guys just have that "it" factor that makes them winners, and Ben is one of them.

.......cue the manlove comments.............

I think the Steelers will be a decent team just like last year, but I don't think they win a SB no matter who QB's them this year. the Colts won't rest their players like they did last year at the end and while the Steelers have stayed pretty much the same while other teams have improved.

Of course there is still time for the Steelers to find a backup QB and a starting RB , but they better get to it.they are pressing needs.

Edited by Doc Holliday

I think the Steelers will be a decent team just like last year, but I don't think they win a SB no matter who QB's them this year. the Colts won't rest their players like they did last year at the end and while the Steelers have stayed pretty much the same while other teams have improved.

Of course there is still time for the Steelers to find a backup QB and a starting RB , but they better get to it.they are pressing needs.

:D This all sounds eerily familiar.....

Colts won't rest their players........ :D The Colts aren't the first team to rest their players prior to the playoffs, that excuse is priceless. Hey Doc, did the Steelers win any games last year where they actually simply out-played their opponent. You do realize that Willie Parker was their starting RB last year, don't you ? He didn't do too badly in the role, considering it was his first year with significant playing time. He will improve as time goes by. Keep hating, you were proven completely wrong several times last year, and will be proven the same again this year, though I don't expect you to admit when you are wrong.

I'm not saying the Steelers are a sure bet to repeat the Super Bowl, but, if Ben is healthy, they have as good of a shot as anyone.

Edited by Menudo

broken jaw.. and well, face.. they said his knees were just scraped pretty bad, no ligament damage. if thats the case then he should play this year.. not sure if he will be ready for the 1st couple games. they say 7 weeks to heal the jaw.. 12 weeks until the opener. who knows.. its not just a simple broken jaw however, he was in a bad accident with other injuries. so its too early to speculate. he knows how to play through pain and is pretty tough.

I have had a surgically repaired jaw. Let me tell you that he will have a tough time when he comes back to practice. He will lose weight no matter what he does. He will really need to get going in the weight room (that is of course his other injuries allow this) as soon as possible as well and start on a good diet when he can start eating normally.

If the attending physicians were both accurate and candid, then Ben will be fine for the regular season. He'll probably miss the first week or two of training camp and the first exhibition game. It wouldn't surprise me if they brought in Touchdown Tommy to help them through training camp, and gave Jacobs a lot of playing time in the first preseason game.

It wouldn't surprise me if they brought in Touchdown Tommy to help them through training camp, and gave Jacobs a lot of playing time in the first preseason game.

Why in the world would they bring Vardell out of retirement? :D

If Ben is out for the season, the Steelers will still play decent football, as they have a lot of other talent.

However, I see their chances at a repeat as minimal, because, despite what some want to believe, Roethlisberger is a big reason for their recent success and Super Bowl victory. Some guys just have that "it" factor that makes them winners, and Ben is one of them.

I would agree that Roethlisberger is their cog. They are a different team when he's been out the last couple of years. Not that Collins (or even Batch) couldn't come in and get a 11-13 win season out of this system. They have a pretty solid schedule to make a run.

And in regards to the Colts "resting" their players? The Colts are a two game losing streak from imploding. The window is shut. They had their run and they fudged it up.

EDIT: That said, they will always be competitive with Peyton at QB. They won't win a title with this coach or this core of players.

Edited by godtomsatan

I would agree that Roethlisberger is their cog. They are a different team when he's been out the last couple of years. Not that Collins (or even Batch) couldn't come in and get a 11-13 win season out of this system. They have a pretty solid schedule to make a run.

And in regards to the Colts "resting" their players? The Colts are a two game losing streak from imploding. The window is shut. They had their run and they fudged it up.

EDIT: That said, they will always be competitive with Peyton at QB. They won't win a title with this coach or this core of players.

Agree with a lot of what you have said in here, but, I still have a feeling that Peyton wins a championship or two before all is said and done. It might not be the next few years, maybe it will be in Elway fashion, but, I still see him getting it done at least once.