[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your Favorite to win the Lombardi.

PantherDave

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chicago - geez! Adding Brian Griese has made the liability position into their strength. Although I don't believe Glassman will finish (heck, he might not start) the season, Griese and Orton, who has won more games than Rex has started, provide solid depth unlike in years past,

They've added serious depth and created nice competition in their two other weak areas: kick returner and 2nd cornerback with the drafting of Manning and Hester, athletes they have previously lacked. And I hate to say the signing of Ricky Manning cannot be overlooked - nor can his punk-ass under the butt nut hut fashionplate attitude which as far as I'm concerned can lady lump his brocoli and municipality. [That ought to stress out the language filter.] But, he's on the team, ready to contribute and push the rookies. Otherwise in the secondary is Nathan Vasher who's a ballhawking beast, with Tillman a perfect nickelback.

Past that, you've got RB depth, and the adding of Runnels is going to be a surprise of the year, when he cracks the starting lineup. He's a fullback the likes of which we haven't had since, I dare say it Matt Suhey. OL was healthy and hence, fantastic last year. 2nd WR is yes, still tricky, but Bradley was turning in a nice year before getting hurt. This year we'll see if he's fragile or that was a one shot. And it's hard to hate on Mush, though some have, because he wasn't given squat to work with last year, but was professional and supportive of Orton the rook last season while his yards fell to half of what they were a year before, and his TDs dropped from 16 to 4. But again, Jake Delhomme was not throwing him the ball. But when Griese starts to, that will loosen things up.

Still, the Bears will play to their strength, which will be running the ball and getting backed up by their D.

You have a killer LB core, with Lance Briggs playing for big FA$ contract, and a DL that's as sick as it gets, with Ogun, Brown & Haynes as DEs and THarris anchoring a deep DT rotation.

The stronger teams in the NFC to me are Carolina, where the addition of KJ should do wonders, and Dallas where Drew Bledsoe will begin his trek to go out in a blaze of glory and TO will be dancing on the star, with no one to pop him in the grill this time.

Seattle's going to miss Hutchinson more than anyone's saying, and I just don't see Brunell succeeding with smoke and mirrors two years in a row.

:D

Edited by Pope Flick

Eagles

it looks like McNabb isn't lifting weights like crazy this offseason...so he'll be less likely to have an injury that way again...

the Eagles have improved up front on both sides of the ball and WR's may not be improved from last year....but it is an improvement from the 2005 NFCC WR squad....

plus they'll be utilizing Kearse in a different fashion with our current depth at DE...

the Eagles may not win the division because it will be a dogfight...but I think they currently have the best QB and experience....

Eagles

it looks like McNabb isn't lifting weights like crazy this offseason...so he'll be less likely to have an injury that way again...

the Eagles have improved up front on both sides of the ball and WR's may not be improved from last year....but it is an improvement from the 2005 NFCC WR squad....

plus they'll be utilizing Kearse in a different fashion with our current depth at DE...

the Eagles may not win the division because it will be a dogfight...but I think they currently have the best QB and experience....

:D And they call me a 'blind' homer............ :D

Going out on a limb here, but my choice: Tampa Bay

1. Solid rushing game with both Caddy and Pittman

2. Simms a year older and better

3. They were one dropped TD from advancing in the playoffs last year.

4. Solid defense

5. Solid coaching pedigree.

I think they manage to win the NFC South over Carolina, and become my darkhorse.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Going out on a limb here, but my choice: Tampa Bay

1. Solid rushing game with both Caddy and Pittman

2. Simms a year older and better

3. They were one dropped TD from advancing in the playoffs last year.

4. Solid defense

5. Solid coaching pedigree.

I think they manage to win the NFC South over Carolina, and become my darkhorse.

:D ....... :D

Chicago - geez!

That would be nice, but it's not going to happen. It's unilkely that the Bears will play lights-out again on defense. It's also unilkely that Rex will play a full season and that Griese, who is still learning the system, will be able to get that offense to a high enough level to play with the elite NFC teams.