[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Salmon Recipes

Kung-fu Midgets

Anyone know of some good Salmon recipes? I'm looking for something grilled and/or baked. I have this one below I do all the time which is fantastic, but just looking for a little variety. Thanks!

GLAZED SALMON FILLETS WITH DILL MUSTARD SAUCE

For glaze and sauce:

1/3-cup white-wine vinegar

1/2-cup Dijon mustard

1/4-cup firmly packed light brown sugar

1 cup vegetable oil

freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste

1.5 tablespoons soy sauce

1/8-cup chopped fresh dill sprigs

Two 2 1/2- to 3-pound whole salmon fillets with skin, any small bones removed with tweezers

Make glaze and sauce:

In a bowl whisk together vinegar, mustard, and brown sugar. Whisk in oil in a stream until emulsified and season with pepper and salt. Mixture may be made 3 days ahead and chilled, covered. Bring mixture to room temperature and whisk before proceeding.

Transfer 3/4 cup mixture to a small bowl and stir in soy sauce to make glaze. Whisk dill into remaining mixture to make sauce.

Preheat broiler and grease a broiler pan.

Rinse salmon fillets and pat dry. Arrange fillets, skin sides down, in pan. Brush salmon with glaze and season with pepper and salt. Broil salmon 3 to 4 inches from heat about 8 minutes, or until just cooked through.

Serve salmon warm or at room temperature with sauce.

Can Salmon recepie

Salmon Patties

1 16 oz can of salmon-clean skin and bone outta salmon

chopped onion...say 1/2 cup

2 eggs beaten-sepratley(one in the patties and one on a dinner plate to dip into)

Either break-up saltine crackers or use bread crumbs

Take clean salmon, chopped onions, and 1 egg(beaten)-combine and make patties

dip into other egg(both sides) then place in broken up crackers or bread crumbs(both sides)

Place in a frying pan of hot oil(1/4" in depth)-brown both sides

Enjoy-Peace PD.

Can Salmon recepie

Salmon Patties

2 eggs beaten-sepratley(one in the patties and one on a dinner plate to dip into)

dip into other egg(both sides) then place in broken up crackers or bread crumbs(both sides)

Enjoy-Peace PD.

Cool... sounds kinda like crab cakes, but with salmon, and I'm a fan of crab cakes. Will definitely give it a try. Thanks!

Cool... sounds kinda like crab cakes, but with salmon, and I'm a fan of crab cakes. Will definitely give it a try. Thanks!

Yes, very similar-use lump crab meat with this recipie and it will do fine as well, plus add any seasoning you see fit.

If I am not smoking it I am putting it on a cedar plank... don't buy the $10 fancy ones from a cooking place, buy a cedar picket from Home Depot and cut it up. Soak cedar plank in water for a few hours.

I use lemon juice, capers, tomatoes, onions, green peppers olive oil or butter and a litte salt and pepper. Place it all on the grill and mist with a white wine or teriyaki.

Or you can just cook it all in tin foil...

Can Salmon recepie

Salmon Patties

Enjoy-Peace PD.

You should try Zatarain's salmon cake mix. I love the stuff it's, even good cold.

I made a cedar plank salmon last night.

I guessed on the measurements but here's what I mixed up for the glaze/sauce

Stone ground mustard

Low-fat mayo

Tablespoon or so of fresh dill

Lemon juice, I put in about a teaspoon

Sea salt and cracked pepper

Add the mayo first, then work in the mustard to your liking because if you add too much mustard it'll overpower the salmon. You're looking for a creamy mild tasting sauce with just a touch of the mustard bite.

Put the salmon on a soaked cedar plank and coat the salmon with the sauce. I brought the grill up to about 300 and cooked it indirectly for 30 mins.

Edited by twiley

If I am not smoking it I am putting it on a cedar plank... don't buy the $10 fancy ones from a cooking place, buy a cedar picket from Home Depot and cut it up. Soak cedar plank in water for a few hours.

I use lemon juice, capers, tomatoes, onions, green peppers olive oil or butter and a litte salt and pepper. Place it all on the grill and mist with a white wine or teriyaki.

Or you can just cook it all in tin foil...

I don't get quite as fancy with the dressing, but I go the cedar plank from the lumbar yard too. :D A little lemon and fresh salsa makes for a rockin' piece of salmon.

I guess I've lived in the NW too long but I'm hoping you are all doing these sauces / glazes to a lower grade salmon like Atlantic salmon or Pinks.

Totally, for us in Seatown, all a good salmon needs is a grill, butter, garlic, lemons & capers- presto

Now that sounds more like it. Usually a little olive oil, little salt, little pepper does it for me, especially if it is fresh oily fish (like copper river salmon).

I almost bought some copper river last night. $24.99lb here. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Totally, for us in Seatown, all a good salmon needs is a grill, butter, garlic, lemons & capers- presto

Heck, I was thinkin' just grill, garlic, butter.

Salmon to me is like steak - just pay a little extra for higher quality and preparation is simple. Though smoking salmon is also a great way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Can Salmon recepie

Salmon Patties

Enjoy-Peace PD.

PD,

Made this over the long holiday weekend. Tasty! Added a little lemon pepper and dill to it. Everyone who tried it enjoyed it. Thanks!!

Take salmon fillet and put on foil. Layer with a bit of S&P sliced onion, dabs of butter, fresh dill, lemon slices and a bacon strip or two. Completely wrap in foil to make a tidy package. Grill over medium heat skin side down for about 6 to 8 minutes. Salmon is perfectly done when meat just flakes away from the skin. Overdone is worse then underdone, but both are not really acceptable. Open foil and pull off the layers and serve salmon as is without the salad. Just like drinking tequila :D

PD,

Made this over the long holiday weekend. Tasty! Added a little lemon pepper and dill to it. Everyone who tried it enjoyed it. Thanks!!

Glad you enjoyed it!!! It's been around my family for many :D 's, so it's tried a true. Also, as you did, it's easy to doctor up and add things to it-Peace PD.