[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am not meaning to be alarmist or anything

DMD

But here are some interesting tidbits from the first thread when Winslow hurt himself on a motorcycle.

WESTLAKE, Ohio -- Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. was injured in a motorcycle accident, but the team said his injuries aren't life-threatening.

Winslow was riding in a community college parking lot Sunday when he hit a curb at about 35 mph and was thrown from the motorcycle, police Lt. Ray Arcuri said.

He was taken by ambulance to Fairview Hospital and was scheduled to be transferred to the Cleveland Clinic on Monday where the team's medical staff would treat him, Browns spokesman Bill Bonsiewicz said.

"He went over the handlebars and was real evasive about what the injuries were," Arcuri said.

Winslow was wearing a helmet, but it wasn't strapped on and flew off his head, Arcuri said. He and four other men were riding motorcycles in the parking lot, not far from Winslow's home.

The first-round draft pick missed nearly all of his rookie year after breaking his leg in the second game of the season. He has had two operations on the leg.

NewsChannel5 sports director Chris Miller confirmed Cleveland Browns' Kellen Winslow crashed his motorcycle Sunday night.

Browns' officials said the tight end's injuries are minor, and he is expected to be OK. He is being treated at Fairview Park Hospital.

Let's hope that Big Ben is not going to have the same "gets worse not better" sort of prognosis.

Considering that Ben took on a windshield with his face and then concrete with the back of his skull, the Doctors have said he is in serious condition and he is still in surgery at 8.55 PM, I don't think anyone will accuse you of being an alarmist DMD.

As far as being alarmist - yeah, hardly. In situations like this, I think the current trend is to make sure that the patient's right to confidentiality is protected moreso than the curiousity of the general public. "Serious" is also relative, to some extent - "this person is in little to no danger of dying and can easily recover to live a normal life" is a good prognosis but not the same as "this person will recover to run a sub-5.0 40 and be able to take punishment equivalent to getting hit by a truck every Sunday for 4 months of the year."

This is so sad because I highly doubt that Big Ben was speeding through the streets like a fool. To see a young kid who is a stand up guy get hurt like this and for this to be possible career threatening just fill me with a great sadness.

He said he thought he could handle the danger of riding by being careful. He said that while riding one of the fastest street bikes in production.

The trouble with that kind of thinking is there is so little tolerance for mistakes and/or other drivers. If your tire blows at high speeds your life could be over. He's a smart guy that make a dumb mistake. I hope he recovers.

Thanks for the kind thoughts Chavez about me getting my face bashed in, in a motorcycle accident. I appreciate that.

Edited by irish

Thanks for the kind thoughts Chavez about me getting my face bashed in, in a motorcycle accident. I appreciate that.

Oh, you need to lighten up. It's not like I really want that to happen.

EDIT: Darn post-gun.

Edited by Chavez

It was sort of eery watching the interview from last year on ESPN discussing this whole topic. To listen to him explain how he was going to be very careful, etc. Not sure who was at fault here, but sometimes it doesn't matter how careful you are. That's why they are called accidents.

Oh, you need to lighten up. It's not like I really want that to happen.

EDIT: Darn post-gun.

Oh good you had me there for a minute.

So am I off-base in assuming you might see the point I was making? :D

Yeah I do. As I was hoping that you guys would understand my frustration with a great QB and genuinely good guy making such a stupid choice as to not wear a helmet. I made the mistake of letting my emotions get the best of me. My bad I didn't mean any harm. It happens to the best of us.

and to you too.

:D

Oh you put me in an even higher category. I understand but you shouldn't have. I'm fine chillin' with you fellas right where I am. Thanks though. :D

:D

Edited by irish

Yeah I do. As I was hoping that you guys would understand my frustration with a great QB and genuinely good guy making such a stupid choice as to not wear a helmet. I made the mistake of letting my emotions get the best of me. My bad I didn't mean any harm. It happens to the best of us.

'Sall good.

Hopefully it at least serves the purpose of getting others to think twice about riding without a helmet.

I know I certainly wouldn't want my beautiful face busted up in a cycle crash. :D

'Sall good.

Hopefully it at least serves the purpose of getting others to think twice about riding without a helmet.

I know I certainly wouldn't want my beautiful face busted up in a cycle crash. :D

No doubt. I had mine bashed up by a baseball can't imagine what a car windshield feels like. :D

I like to delete because otherwise I look at a post for too long and start thinking ban and that just takes longer.

Well then I'm glad you deleted it quickly because a ban would not only have been horrible for me but incredibly insane as well. So good call on your part.

No doubt. I had mine bashed up by a baseball can't imagine what a car windshield feels like. :D

I had a wonderful bike spill that resulted in my face meeting a swatch of blacktop.

It is not something I would care to repeat.

I don't see Ben playing this year, and if he does, it won't be til week 6 or later IMO.

Broken jaws are schittay, he will be eating through a straw for 2 months, and with that many facial bones broken... he isn't gonna be able to take a hit for awhile, et alone what we don't know about his concussion or knees.

I broke my jaw in several places once and bones in my face... its nothing to take lightly, and putting on pads in 90 days isn't gonna happen.