[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ahhhhh

Bier Meister

for those interested:

nice to have things fall into place........

last wednesday our chef gave notice (less than a week). he has been a good boss and friend. i am a little older than most cooks/chefs and he has been great in accomodating my req's for time off and time with my wife. with his departure i had no idea how a new chef would schedule me. so that evening i called my friend who was opening a new restaurant in town and asked about open positions... he was jacked that i called and basically wanted me as a lead... offered me my choice of shift as well. so a day or so later one of my fellow employees asks me if it's ok to advocate for me to get one of the management positions. apparently several of them got together and stated they wanted me to stay...... so now i am inadvertantly the subject of a little bidding war. really a win/win. i either get a nice promotion and have control of the menu, or i get a great experience working with my friend.

on top of that i think i will be accepting a partial ownership in oct (one i talked about a little while ago) down in denver. that offer is too good to pass up.

Edited by Bier Meister

on top of that i think i will be accepting a partial ownership in oct (one i talked about a little while ago) down in denver. that offer is too good to pass up.

Does that mean you'll be looking for a place down here in the big city for a while? I could put a cot in the garage...

Does that mean you'll be looking for a place down here in the big city for a while? I could put a cot in the garage...

mrs. bier's grandfather passed away a few years ago. her parents have been renting out his house (lakewood). they have offered to allow us to live there rent free, which in turn allows us to keep our place here in the mountains. :banana:

Good news Bier! :D

Edit: :D If you have control of the menu, I would suggest the "4983 mixed grill" as your house specialty: Something along the lines of scallops/oysters for an apetizer, ribs and shrimp entree with pecan pie for dessert. Serve with a pitcher of seasonal beer. You can work out the details like sauces and other chef like touches. The beauty is that you could charge $49.83! :D Work with me here.

Edited by Brewer

update:

went in yesterday to help my friend in breck. was very fun and he has a great menu going. so i am preparing myself to be ready to join him if the promotion doesn't work out.

what this all means is that i will work here in breck unitl sept/oct. move down toward denver for a couple of years to accept the other offer. i will be putting my "vision" on hold for a few years and will likely move back up to breck later.

Edited by Bier Meister

If you have time would you jot down a partial menu for us--interested just to see what's new in food-thanks

well.... as i am going over to my friend's in my off time to help out, i'm a little busy. should have some days off on mon/tues....

what do you want?

4 apps

3 salads

3 soups

7 entrees

4 desserts

work for you?

Hey Bier, explain to me how the partial ownership works in conjuction with the other job? Do you quit the other job to go to the place in which you will have partail ownership of? Or will you be working mulitple restaurants?

And forgive me for not knowing this, but what is your vision exactly?

Edited by TDFFFreak

If you have time would you jot down a partial menu for us--interested just to see what's new in food-thanks

I hope that he works in turtle soup. I don't care who you are, that's great stuff. Hard to find though. Only one place in my area has it, and then only occasionaly. Best hunk of elk that I ever had was in Colorado also. :D

Hey Bier, explain to me how the partial ownership works in conjuction with the other job? Do you quit the other job to go to the place in which you will have partail ownership of? Or will you be working mulitple restaurants?

And forgive me for not knowing this, but what is your vision exactly?

will work up here in breckenridge until october, then move down there.... so only 1 job at a time.

my concept is an intimate, fine dining restaurant. want to have that apline cabin feel with european accents. "rustic ellegance"

I hope that he works in turtle soup. I don't care who you are, that's great stuff. Hard to find though. Only one place in my area has it, and then only occasionaly. Best hunk of elk that I ever had was in Colorado also. :D

never have made (or tried) turtle soup..... we do have good elk out here.

will work up here in breckenridge until october, then move down there.... so only 1 job at a time.

my concept is an intimate, fine dining restaurant. want to have that apline cabin feel with european accents. "rustic ellegance"

never have made (or tried) turtle soup..... we do have good elk out here.

I think I know the kind of place you are speaking of... One place in the West Chester PA area I believe is called the Dillworthtown Inn. Another place in the Santa Monica Mountians (Los Angeles area) called Saddle Peak Lodge. A third that I can think of is called Barefoot in Whistler BC Canada. The latter two are a bit bigger then you may talking about, but in any case I think that atmosphere is some of the most romantc around.

Edited by TDFFFreak