[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CCS pick #14 discussion

Avernus

No kidding. I can see any one of CJ, SS, Holt, or Manning here. Its time for an elite player or three at a position other than RB since we've ventured into uncertain and/or vanilla waters with what's left of the RB crowd.

add TO to the list and I agree.....

I actually should be giving PManning more love here because the ground game is more suspect now and he'll likely be throwing more...

but I just value all QB's differently.....he should go somewhere around where Gates would go if it was a TE mandatory vote..

Overall points availble at this spot you need to seriously look at Manning here. He's a far better and safer bet than any of the RBs left. A case could be made for some of the top flight WRs but all of them have questions this year. That's why Manning gets the nod at this point.

I like Palmer as the #1 QB. I believe he comes back for week 1 and outscores Manning again this year.

Will Holt be the same without Martz?

Will TO gel with the tackling dummy (Bledsoe)?

I do like Chad Johnson in this spot even though I voted for McGahee.

I like Palmer as the #1 QB. I believe he comes back for week 1 and outscores Manning again this year.

Will Holt be the same without Martz? yuup, maybe even better

Will TO gel with the tackling dummy (Bledsoe)? for one season, yeah

I do like Chad Johnson in this spot even though I voted for McGahee. I like Westy as the next best back....even ahead of DD...more on this below

I have umm answered your questions above and I have a question...

why does DD get more love in PPR scoring than Westy?...he was one of the top 5 RB's until he was hurt....

and he wasn't even hurt that bad last year, they let him sit out because the playoffs weren't a reality and he wanted to not make things worse...

plus they wanted to let the young guys play since the whole OL and half the team had backups starting anyways...

he's not nearly as injury prone as people make him out to be and Reid has been adamant about his stance on running the ball this upcoming season....

this is not the spot for RB and neither was the last spot....but if you're going RB....Westy is the pick..

Edited by Avernus

I have umm answered your questions above and I have a question...

why does DD get more love in PPR scoring than Westy?...he was one of the top 5 RB's until he was hurt....

and he wasn't even hurt that bad last year, they let him sit out because the playoffs weren't a reality and he wanted to not make things worse...

plus they wanted to let the young guys play since the whole OL and half the team had backups starting anyways...

he's not nearly as injury prone as people make him out to be and Reid has been adamant about his stance on running the ball this upcoming season....

this is not the spot for RB and neither was the last spot....but if you're going RB....Westy is the pick..

You make some good points and unfortunately for me, if you can believe this, Westbrook is a guy I forget about, just like Tiki Barber. In a ppr league Westbrook is very valuable and like you stated he isn't as injury prone as some make him out to be.

You make some good points and unfortunately for me, if you can believe this, Westbrook is a guy I forget about, just like Tiki Barber. In a ppr league Westbrook is very valuable and like you stated he isn't as injury prone as some make him out to be.

I concur with the Tiki statement.....I even slept on Westy last year and he managed to be a lethal threat for a good portion of the season...

Westy finished 8th in my league scoring while leaving the game in week 13...he left the game with his lowest point total in a game of the season (12)

here's how he fared on a week to week basis..

32 26 66 17 8 0 26 28 16 26 20 29 12

Edited by Avernus

With the continuing trend of RBBC in the NFL, the premium on good one back offenses is higher than ever. Sure McGahee has his question marks (that's why he's not being touted top 5 like he was last year), but we still have to start two a week and once we fall into teams without that 'one' guy, the drop-off can be hugh.

I wait on Manning and even some of the top line receivers at this point.

Word out of camp thus far is their undrafted rookie, Martin Nance (Ben Roths main WR at Miami OH), has been catching EVERYTHING. I think he will play a huge part in the offense this year.

How will they stop from stacking 8 in the box? Well, McGahee rushed for 1300 yards and 5TDs last year with that. Hes dropped 10 lbs., theyve done some work on the OL with Marv and company...

Is there any hard proof that he will be better? Nope. But I know McGahee will produce at LEAST what he had last year, and I guarantee (or your money back!) that he will have at LEAST 8 TDs this year and 1500 yards. He will also be more involved in the passing game. He will be worth the pick here.

With the continuing trend of RBBC in the NFL, the premium on good one back offenses is higher than ever. Sure McGahee has his question marks (that's why he's not being touted top 5 like he was last year), but we still have to start two a week and once we fall into teams without that 'one' guy, the drop-off can be hugh.

I wait on Manning and even some of the top line receivers at this point.

I completely agree...but last year McGahee was the 17th best back in my league...

I can't forget that....plus the fact he's already had 2 blown ACL's before he even entered the NFL...

no thanks...

Overall points availble at this spot you need to seriously look at Manning here. He's a far better and safer bet than any of the RBs left. A case could be made for some of the top flight WRs but all of them have questions this year. That's why Manning gets the nod at this point.

I have to agree with you 100%. You know for a fact you will consistently get points from Manning week in and week out. He is the clear #1 at his position going into this season. Yes, a case could maybe be made for Palmer as the #1 QB, but coming off that injury who knows what will happen. I would rather take Manning and know I'm going to get points every week.

I have to agree with you 100%. You know for a fact you will consistently get points from Manning week in and week out. He is the clear #1 at his position going into this season. Yes, a case could maybe be made for Palmer as the #1 QB, but coming off that injury who knows what will happen. I would rather take Manning and know I'm going to get points every week.

except when the playoffs arrive...

I concur with the Tiki statement.....I even slept on Westy last year and he managed to be a lethal threat for a good portion of the season...

Westy finished 8th in my league scoring while leaving the game in week 13...he left the game with his lowest point total in a game of the season (12)

here's how he fared on a week to week basis..

32 26 66 17 8 0 26 28 16 26 20 29 12

That's why I voted for Westbrook. I also draft a boat load of RB every year in a redraft and sometimes tend to reach just because of the slim pickings. As a matter of fact, I tend to draft 2-3 RB's in the first 3 rounds every year.

McGahee might just be the most talented RB in the NFL. He hasn't proven himself yet, but his performance at Miami was definitely an upgrade over E James. I think this is a very important year for him. He either becomes elite or gets labeled bust. I'm betting on elite.

I'd pick McGahee because he gets a lot of carries. I look at the less-than-stellar QB situation as more carries.... just like last season. If Buffalo is to win, it will be through strong efforts through Willis. If the QB play can become more effective, you can end up with double-digit TDs like in 04.

But, this pick might change for me depending on how many teams are in this draft

Very true. But at least you have a shot to get there.

exactly...I'm not knocking it because I'm a firm believer in trying to get to the playoffs before trying to win in the playoffs (other people seem to think it's the other way)...he got me to the playoffs...and then my "team" won it for me 2 years ago when I actually had Manning...

anyone who relies on one player to win a title has lost already...

McGahee might just be the most talented RB in the NFL. He hasn't proven himself yet, but his performance at Miami was definitely an upgrade over E James. I think this is a very important year for him. He either becomes elite or gets labeled bust. I'm betting on elite.

I would put my money on elite...but that is just homerism