[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fast Willie

hooknladder

How do ya think Willie will do this year? Will all this Steelers turmoil hurt him or help him? -or is he a FF non-factor, (relatively). I don't hear much of a buzz about him.

I think he'll do well and prove he can play consistently high performing level. Steeler fans would have better input here, but it seemed to me that Cower had a quick hook on him at times last year. Yes, there were times when Willie did not take advantage of a few opportunities, but given a chance to get rhythm, I think he'll stand out.. even against the tougher defenses as he matures.

Edited by Jedi

Willie should definately keep his rushing yards up (pending injuries). Thing you gotta be careful with him is if he gets a nagging injury, his talent relies alot on his blazing speed.

Willie should be an ok RB#2 in fantasy, however don't expect his 4 TDs of last year to be improved on. Duce will steal goalline carries.

Well, I did like that they were throwing the ball more to him as the season went on and in the playoffs. He could have a lot of value in that area, and I expect the Steelers to give him a lot of opportunities in the passing game. As a runner, he really needs to improve his consistency running betweent the tackles. Sometimes he lacks vision and goes down to easily. As of right now, he is a home-run hitter. He is not going to have great games week in and week out, but, he should continue to improve, as last year was his first year getting any playing time. I think Parker is great to have as a #3, and not terrible, but, not great as a #2 option this year. I still don't think he will be taking the goaline carries. Those will belong to Staley, Haynes, or Humes.

Edited by Menudo

Well, I did like that they were throwing the ball more to him as the season went on and in the playoffs. He could have a lot of value in that area, and I expect the Steelers to give him a lot of opportunities in the passing game.

Good info here.. I did not pay much attention to that last year. Averaged 12 yards per reception. Was there a handful of plays that jacked up that average?

Good info here.. I did not pay much attention to that last year. Averaged 12 yards per reception. Was there a handful of plays that jacked up that average?

He definitely had some nice screen passes. Had a 40+ yard one in the season's opener against Tennesee and a big one in the playoff victory against the Bengals. He is dangerous in the passing game, because, when you get him in the open field, he can simply use his speed. He seems to have good hands as well.

He definitely had some nice screen passes. Had a 40+ yard one in the season's opener against Tennesee and a big one in the playoff victory against the Bengals. He is dangerous in the passing game, because, when you get him in the open field, he can simply use his speed. He seems to have good hands as well.

From watching him run, I can see where he'd be leathal if he can catch in the flats. My question is, did he break it open consistently after the catch, or just a handful of times. 18 catches for 218 is not a lot to go by. Also, you mentioned they threw to him more, later in the season.

From watching him run, I can see where he'd be leathal if he can catch in the flats. My question is, did he break it open consistently after the catch, or just a handful of times. 18 catches for 218 is not a lot to go by. Also, you mentioned they threw to him more, later in the season.

I also thought Verron Haynes played a lot on 3rd downs, or was that more in the beginning of the year.

I also thought Verron Haynes played a lot on 3rd downs, or was that more in the beginning of the year.

No, Haynes plays almost all 3rd downs, which I don't see changing, as Haynes is also very good in that role. Parker's screens come mostly on 1st & 2nd down, so this definitely brings down his value as well. He does stay in at times on 3rd times, but, not a high % of the time.