[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FFers wet dream

Wolv

So I got invited into a new league this year - a 12 team redraft with $150 buy in, $2/transaction. I was clueless about the competition, at least until I got asked this question by the commish.

"So who do you pick if you get #1 pick in the draft?"

Almost immediately "Larry Johnson"

Silence at first, then "Really?"

"Yeah, really. Why? Who would you pick first?"

"I'd pick Steve Smith"

:D

what you fail to mention is that WR TDs are worth 76 points while RB TDs are only worth 3.

BEWARE, Wolv!

Something similar happened in my office league last year. Everybody else was a half-assed NFL fan or worse and many of them hadn't played in a pay FF league before. I went into the draft licking my chops.

Of course, with QBs and WRs going off the board WAY too early, I was able to grab 3 very good starting RBs (which was even more unusual, considering it was a 14-team league). Then, a strange thing happened. People CONTINUED to pass up RBs in favor of QBs, WRs, and TEs. In the middle of the draft, when I expected to see good "sleeper" value at those positions, all I saw was MORE running backs. Of course, at that point, I didn't need any more.

Meanwhile, all the idiots who were picking up the top QBs, WRs, and TEs were able to snag EXCELLENT RB value in the later rounds. Hence, their teams ended up better than mine, top to bottom.

In a league I should have won EASILY, I got bounced in the 1st-round of the playoffs -- and that was only through shrewd FA moves. It taught me an important lesson: when in Idiotville, at least pay attention to what the Idiots are doing.

If I had deviated from my strategy for only a pick or two and secured a top QB, WR, or TE, I still could have gotten solid RB depth later and ended up with a better team.

Your group of Idiots could easily do the same thing to you, in which case you could be left with great RBs...and nothing else. Just some advice. :D

You could have LT & LJ or SA by the sounds of it.

I don't think so. In fact, now that he has let the commish know who he'd pick at #1, LJ will probably be scooped up by one of the mindless wonders who the commish blabbed to. You'll still have LT and SA to choose from hopefully. Still, I'd love to be in your shoes. :D

BEWARE, Wolv!

Something similar happened in my office league last year. Everybody else was a half-assed NFL fan or worse and many of them hadn't played in a pay FF league before. I went into the draft licking my chops.

Of course, with QBs and WRs going off the board WAY too early, I was able to grab 3 very good starting RBs (which was even more unusual, considering it was a 14-team league). Then, a strange thing happened. People CONTINUED to pass up RBs in favor of QBs, WRs, and TEs. In the middle of the draft, when I expected to see good "sleeper" value at those positions, all I saw was MORE running backs. Of course, at that point, I didn't need any more.

Meanwhile, all the idiots who were picking up the top QBs, WRs, and TEs were able to snag EXCELLENT RB value in the later rounds. Hence, their teams ended up better than mine, top to bottom.

In a league I should have won EASILY, I got bounced in the 1st-round of the playoffs -- and that was only through shrewd FA moves. It taught me an important lesson: when in Idiotville, at least pay attention to what the Idiots are doing.

If I had deviated from my strategy for only a pick or two and secured a top QB, WR, or TE, I still could have gotten solid RB depth later and ended up with a better team.

Your group of Idiots could easily do the same thing to you, in which case you could be left with great RBs...and nothing else. Just some advice. :D

Something to think about here. :D Great advice Cheez and glad you weren't too much of a wuss to admit it.

• 3 weeks later...

Wolv,

I'd keep the trash talking to a minimum and bring some extra goodies to the draft (beer and food) (wine for the ladies) and be nice all year long. Why upset the gravy train. Leave the trash talking for people who would appreciate it.

Do you need a partner?? lol

There's a couple of hugh Steelers fans as well. I figure Ward and Parker in Rd 2, Big Ben by Rd 5 and Miller in Rd 6.

If it weren't for the wives you mentioned in another post, this would sound just like one of the leagues I'm in. GREAT league with a few VERY savvy guys, but there are a couple that do this "just for fun" and don't really do much research, etc.

BEWARE, Wolv!

Very Good Advice. I can see that also.

So I got invited into a new league this year - a 12 team redraft with $150 buy in, $2/transaction. I was clueless about the competition, at least until I got asked this question by the commish.

"So who do you pick if you get #1 pick in the draft?"

Almost immediately "Larry Johnson"

Silence at first, then "Really?"

"Yeah, really. Why? Who would you pick first?"

"I'd pick Steve Smith"

Hummmmmm............................ Smoke screen????

BEWARE, Wolv!

Poker rule #1.........

If your sitting at the table and dont know know who the sucker is..............................

THE SUCKER IS YOU!

BEWARE, Wolv!

That is great story!

I miss leagues like that.I was in a 10 teamm money league and in the5 years I was in it I never finished worst than second. I won it the last two years Iwas in it making a total of 3 league titles. The last year I was picking last in the first round and knew things were gonna be great when the guy with the #6 pick took QB Kyle Boller. I could hardly contain myself :D I nearly did in round two ,I made a quick dash to the bathroom after he picked Baltimore WR Clarence Moore. he said we'd think he was going out on a limb but he was confident Moore would be the Ravens #1 WR and would finish top 5 of all nfl wr's. :D What a dumbass. He left shortly after the draft and we all had quite a conversation about his picks. He wasn't a rookie to the league either. Needless to say I guess the guys got tired of me winning and for some strange reason most of them had other committments and the league was disbanded the next year. It was fun while it lasted.

Been her since 01 and still don't know chit huh?, is that you Forest?-"I'm not a smart man" :D

Oh the irony.

Been here long enough to hear about Shaun Alexander, LaDainian Tomlinson, Herm Edwards and Kool-Aid and still going LJ #1 overall huh?