[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can Steelers beat the Patriots?

Super Bowl envy is so tiring these days....... :D

As a fan of rock music, I can appreciate The Beatles, their music and influence on the artform. But if forced to listen to them constantly, I really can get sick of them. It's not really difficult to understand.

As a fan of rock music, I can appreciate The Beatles, their music and influence on the artform. But if forced to listen to them constantly, I really can get sick of them. It's not really difficult to understand.

Married to a Boston girl with three brothers who love to praise their Patriot "dynasty". You win, you get your year to brag. You win 3 of 4 years, you get to brag a lot. Irritating fact if you want to be a sports fan. You can always turn off the Beatles.

Steelers? Who knows, I do know that Jake gave them a gift TD in Charlotte last year and the Cat's still handed the Pat's their collective asses to them-face it, the dynasty is done as the Pats are just in the mix like a handful of AFC teams.

Steelers? Who knows, I do know that Jake gave them a gift TD in Charlotte last year and the Cat's still handed the Pat's their collective asses to them-face it, the dynasty is done as the Pats are just in the mix like a handful of AFC teams.

:D No, say it isn't so PD. :D I coulda swore the Pats were going to win every game and every championship for the rest of this Century, the Steelers couldn't even sniff a win against this perfect franchise :D

:D No, say it isn't so PD. :D I coulda swore the Pats were going to win every game and every championship for the rest of this Century, the Steelers couldn't even sniff a win against this perfect franchise :D

Amen, oh well, let the dooldrums before TC heat-up, and they better worry about winning the division vs the Phins instead of making SB plans.

I think I've been out of country, and may have missed it. Are the Steelers and Patriots the only true contenders for the AFC this year?

I think Denver will be underestimated again this year, and with Walker, I believe they cakewalk to the playoffs (ok, not really cakewalk since jake the fake is at the helm, but I think they are as good as last year, maybe better)

-If KC gets def improvement, they will certainly contend for the div/wildcard again.

Manning is still the best QB (pre-playoffs) and teams aren't suddenly gonna stop him cold. Either RB will have a few more holes than Edge did w/ more pass coverage anyway.

-Jacksonville needs a WR to two to step up, and they can compete for playoffs as well.

I think the Patriots are a class organization, and will probably win a weak division. But I would not say they should be favored strongly by any measure.

-I don't know about Miami. Some talented guys, but I think it's a year too early.

Pitt was absolutely the best team at the end of last year (the only time it counts), but they weren't event he best team in the Division during the year (when it countls less, see my note above). They got hot and a little lucky. One of a group of frontrunners, yes, but not a cut above any of the teams above. Besides, Benny may be just one cruel insult away from running crying to his mom (played by Cher?) and giving up the game.

-If Palmer starts week one, it's a dog fight to the end of season. If he misses a few games only, I think they still compete for the playoffs.

I live in Pittsburgh so it might slant my perspective ------ NE's running game will only be better than Steeler's only if Duce gets hurt (so you can see that is easily possible) --- Passing game will be about equal unless Santurdio gets arrested and unless Ben suffers PostTRAUMA --- Randle El and Bus will not be missed... Heath will get better... Steeler's defense will be better than NE's

yes, Big Ben has a Super Bowl Ring......But, did not dominate the Super Bowl....He's no Tom Brady....!

Super Bowl envy is so tiring these days....... :D

yes, Big Ben has a Super Bowl Ring......But, did not dominate the Super Bowl....He's no Tom Brady....!

He did play poorly in the Super Bowl, but, he certainly did dominate the three road games that got them to the Super Bowl. :D However, he is not to Tom Brady's level yet, that is for sure. Brady has 3 Super Bowl wins to his credit. 27-4, Two AFC Championship Games, & One Super Bowl ring in two years is quite a start though. :D

He did play poorly in the Super Bowl, but, he certainly did dominate the three road games that got them to the Super Bowl. :D However, he is not to Tom Brady's level yet, that is for sure. Brady has 3 Super Bowl wins to his credit. 27-4, Two AFC Championship Games, & One Super Bowl ring in two years is quite a start though. :D

True...Big Ben is off to a great start in his career....Live and work in Boston area, but Home Office is in Pittsburgh.....have been to 'Burgh MANY times, and was even fortunate to catch a game at Heinz Field....GREAT fan base for the Steelers......But, they don't have to compete with any other professional sport team in the area...oooops, sorry Pirates and Penguins...!

True...Big Ben is off to a great start in his career....Live and work in Boston area, but Home Office is in Pittsburgh.....have been to 'Burgh MANY times, and was even fortunate to catch a game at Heinz Field....GREAT fan base for the Steelers......But, they don't have to compete with any other professional sport team in the area...oooops, sorry Pirates and Penguins...!

Sadly, the Steelers have been the only organization to give them anything to cheer about. I'm a Bucco and Pens fan as well, but, it ain't easy. :D

Sadly, the Steelers have been the only organization to give them anything to cheer about. I'm a Bucco and Pens fan as well, but, it ain't easy. :D

Yeah, there is absolutely no hope for a team like the Pirates with the way baseball is set up. That's why I am no longer a baseball fan. Get a salary cap already! I believe if the Penguins are purchased by the Dan Marino and Mark Cuban group and stay in Pittsburgh they will start to compete again in 3 more years when the young studs they've been acquiring start to mature.

Oh, and yes, the Steelers are now the team to beat in the AFC and will be for years to come. They aren't the big, bad, scary Patriots anymore, sorry! Losing the players they've been losing in free agency will catch up to them. The mastermind Bill Belicheck can only win so many games on his own.

I live in Pittsburgh so it might slant my perspective ------ NE's running game will only be better than Steeler's only if Duce gets hurt (so you can see that is easily possible) --- Passing game will be about equal unless Santurdio gets arrested and unless Ben suffers PostTRAUMA --- Randle El and Bus will not be missed... Heath will get better... Steeler's defense will be better than NE's

Passing games will be equal?? What on Earth gives you that impression?? Brady has passed for 3700 yards or more for 4 straight years, and the Hamburgler hasn't ever passed for even 2700 yards!! I know the Pat's run O will be better this year, but the Pat's are still going to be a passing team, and a much better passing team than Pitt can dream of being.

Passing games will be equal?? What on Earth gives you that impression?? Brady has passed for 3700 yards or more for 4 straight years, and the Hamburgler hasn't ever passed for even 2700 yards!! I know the Pat's run O will be better this year, but the Pat's are still going to be a passing team, and a much better passing team than Pitt can dream of being.

I'm not sure you can simply grade how good a passing team is on yards alone. You also have to consider efficiency. I agree that the Steelers are less of a passing team than the Patriots, but, Ben's efficiency has been quite impressive, as has Brady's. You'll get no argument from me on Tom Brady. I think the guy is phenomenal.

Edited by Menudo

As long as Brady is at the helm, New England will be a leading contender. Just look how he played the last two times against Pittsburgh (I believe he completed his last 12 passes in the Pats regular season win at Pitt last year). While Manning is the top fantasy QB, he's a significant notch below Brady on the field. If Brady isn't the QB, Bellicheck will think he's back in Cleveland.

Another slant: we've seen the best of Brady; we've only touched the surface with Roethlisberger, and he's 27 and 4 with two AFC championship games and a SB under his belt. Don't forget, when Brady won his first SB, the Pats scored only one offensive TD in each of their postseason wins, and he wasn't in the game on the drive in which NE scored against Pittsburgh in the AFC championship game. So, if you compare Brady's first SB run to Ben's, Ben's was far superior (despite his mediocre performance in the Super Bowl).

Prediction: Roethlisberger, not Brady, not Manning, not Hasselbeck, will be the NFL's most successful QB over the next eight years.

Prediction: Roethlisberger, not Brady, not Manning, not Hasselbeck, will be the NFL's most successful QB over the next eight years.

Get ready to get hammered............. :D

I think the Steelers were a one year wonder.

hell, they werent even wonderful last year...just downright lucky poor officiating landed them an afc title game in denver, instead of new england....we all know if the pats survive the horrorfest in denver, they are beating the steelers and seahawks....and thats coming off a brutal schedule and countless injuries....our schedule appears to be a little softer this year....yeah we may "win a weak division", but we might end also might end up with a first round bye and some homefield

hell, they werent even wonderful last year...just downright lucky poor officiating landed them an afc title game in denver, instead of new england....we all know if the pats survive the horrorfest in denver, they are beating the steelers and seahawks....

:D:D

I think the Steelers were a one year wonder.

Not sure you can call them a one-year wonder. They did go 15-1 and make the AFC Championship game in the previous year.