[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Slim Pickins Position

Scooby

I'm going with WR this yr as the slim pickin' position--these drama queens have a lot to be desired, in a position where many leagues start 3!!

Moss out in Limbo, Terrell-who-knows-what-the-hell Owens, Stevie with Meshawn, Chad with a hurting QB, the list goes on and on, and it just gives me a migraine.

Some may say RB--with Ronnie Brown ranked at 7 or 8 on cheat sheets you may have a point; not that I'm dissing the guy, I just don't trust him yet.

What are your thoughts on the matter? Sorry if this post has been done before, just grin and bear it :D

I'm going with WR this yr as the slim pickin' position--these drama queens have a lot to be desired, in a position where many leagues start 3!!

Moss out in Limbo, Terrell-who-knows-what-the-hell Owens, Stevie with Meshawn, Chad with a hurting QB, the list goes on and on, and it just gives me a migraine.

Some may say RB--with Ronnie Brown ranked at 7 or 8 on cheat sheets you may have a point; not that I'm dissing the guy, I just don't trust him yet.

What are your thoughts on the matter? Sorry if this post has been done before, just grin and bear it :D

I think there are plenty of good WRs on the board this year. The previous elite are still solid picks (Harrison, Holt, TO, Moss) there are new members of the elite (Smith, CJ, Fitz), many of the Tier 2 WRs are capable of putting up Tier 1 stats (Boldin, Ward, Wayne), last year's busts are returning in better health and/or situations (A. Johnson, Burleson, Michael Clayton), and there plenty of good vets (Galloway, Glenn, Keshwawn, Kennison, Rod Smith) that will make excellent WR2s and WR3s.

I still say RB is the weakest position. You have the Big 3 (LJ, Alexander, LT2), a few proven producers that are safe picks (Edge, Portis, Tiki, Rudi), and then a bunch of second year starters (Brown, Caddy, Jordan, SJAx), a couple of guys that can't play 16 games to save their lives (DD, Westy, Foster), a handful of backs that are either on the downside of their career or play in horrible offenses (McGahee, Dillon, Lewis, Green), and a bunch of platoons.

Unless you're picking up in the top half of the draft, you're rolling the dice in terms of getting a decent RB1.

I think there are plenty of good WRs on the board this year. The previous elite are still solid picks (Harrison, Holt, TO, Moss) there are new members of the elite (Smith, CJ, Fitz), many of the Tier 2 WRs are capable of putting up Tier 1 stats (Boldin, Ward, Wayne), last year's busts are returning in better health and/or situations (A. Johnson, Burleson, Michael Clayton), and there plenty of good vets (Galloway, Glenn, Keshwawn, Kennison, Rod Smith) that will make excellent WR2s and WR3s.

I still say RB is the weakest position. You have the Big 3 (LJ, Alexander, LT2), a few proven producers that are safe picks (Edge, Portis, Tiki, Rudi), and then a bunch of second year starters (Brown, Caddy, Jordan, SJAx), a couple of guys that can't play 16 games to save their lives (DD, Westy, Foster), a handful of backs that are either on the downside of their career or play in horrible offenses (McGahee, Dillon, Lewis, Green), and a bunch of platoons.

Unless you're picking up in the top half of the draft, you're rolling the dice in terms of getting a decent RB1.

Agree with this assessment. You could even argue the point that WR is the "new RB" in terms of point producers in FF. Especially with the way the RB corp gets thinner every year with more RBBC's, coaching changes, and other question marks.