[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Larry Johnson

klo91

Here is the news on Priest Holmes according to ESPN:

"Right now, I'm anticipating that Priest Holmes is coming back," Edwards told Metro Sports following Thursday's practice, the team's last before training camp. "I'm hoping for good reports." The good reports Edwards alludes to are Holmes' medical report, which is expected in the next few weeks. If Holmes is cleared, he'll be Larry Johnson's primary backup. If Holmes isn't available, Edwards said he's comfortable entering training camp with Dee Brown as Johnson's backup.

Here is their evaluation on Larry Johnson:

"Johnson will once again take a back seat to RB Priest Holmes. Early indications are that the carries will be split about 70-30 in favor of Holmes. Though Johnson is talented, he will have trouble making a major impact with so few carries."

With this in mind, will Larry Johnson still be considered a top teir RB? Should he still be considered a number one pick in a fantasy draft?

Hogwash.

Larry Johnson is the starting runningback. He put up the most dominating half of a football season ever. He is the prototype runningback. As long as the line can hold up, LJ will dominate this year. As good as Preist is, he's going to see the ball 30 percent of the time at most.

Its Larry Johnsons team, and anyone who thinks otherwise is insane.

Here is the news on Priest Holmes according to ESPN:

"Right now, I'm anticipating that Priest Holmes is coming back," Edwards told Metro Sports following Thursday's practice, the team's last before training camp. "I'm hoping for good reports." The good reports Edwards alludes to are Holmes' medical report, which is expected in the next few weeks. If Holmes is cleared, he'll be Larry Johnson's primary backup. If Holmes isn't available, Edwards said he's comfortable entering training camp with Dee Brown as Johnson's backup.

Here is their evaluation on Larry Johnson:

"Johnson will once again take a back seat to RB Priest Holmes. Early indications are that the carries will be split about 70-30 in favor of Holmes. Though Johnson is talented, he will have trouble making a major impact with so few carries."

With this in mind, will Larry Johnson still be considered a top teir RB? Should he still be considered a number one pick in a fantasy draft?

I would be most interested in knowing exactly where this was said. Someone needs to call Herman Edwards pretty fast with this one because he is all geared up to start Larry Johnson and the O-line is dedicating this season to having LJ get 2000 yards.

At best this is incredibly poor speculation being passed on. At worst the policy is to ban anyone trying to disseminate mis-information.