[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP BOW begins today

Sgt. Ryan

For those in IDP leagues, go check out the IDP forum. Today begins BOW, and the Arizona Cardinals are on the clock. The format is a little different than that of the offensive players, but the idea is the same, better or worse. But a twist was added, instead of using strictly last years numbers, projections have been listed to form an opinion of better or Worse.

Here is a sample of Arizona DB - Adrian Wilson

The Argument for Adrian Wilson

Adrian Wilson was the top scoring DB in most leagues. The LB corp in front of Wilson was not stellar outside of Karlos Dansby, which gave Wilson more opportunites than most strong safeties to put up huge numbers on a regular basis. This years LB corp wont be much better.

A year ago Wilson ended his season with 93 tackles, 16 assists, and 8 sacks. The Defense believes Wilson probably cant duplicate the 8 sacks or 93 tackles because of the addition of Edge James and the ability for Arizona to run more, which results in fewer offensive plays for the opposing team.

The Evidence

Arizona 2006 schedule -

SF @SEA STL @ATL KC CHI @OAK @GB BYE DAL DET @MIN @STL SEA DEN @SF @SD

Closing Statements

Projections for Wilson

90 tackles, 15 assists, 5 sacks.

The Verdict

Your vote decides.

Rating those projections, will Wilson do Better or Worse?

Folks, go to the IDP forum and check this out. This is an excellent tool. Nice work Sarge. I posted this over in the IDP forum, but I'll post it again here:

Well, after getting my first glimpse of this, I must say that this is going to VERY helpful. My biggest FF deficiency is definitely on the IDP side, and this type of information/projection/discussion is going to be EXTREMELY useful.

:D :D :D

A New team will be done every couple of days, beginning with Atlanta on Wed June 28. Each day 3-4 players will be under the microscope, and not necessarily a DL, LB, or DB each day. Just the top 3 or 4 fantasy players per team. the concept is to give owners an idea of what to expect from their players next season, and to discuss the pros and cons of the projections. Some teams such as the Dallas Cowboys or Pittsburgh Steelers do not have a fantasy starting quality DL player that most will own, so their will be a heavier focus on their LB corp and secondary than just to list an average DL for the sake of listing an average DL.