[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

'Hawks fans should be proud of S. Alexander

msaint

Not to name drop, but since this IS a fantasy forum and Shaun Alexander IS one of (if not the) biggest name in fantasy, and since there's all too often bad press re: athletes being total dicks, I thought I'd pass on a positive personal experience...

Just shot a commercial for Mobile ESPN featuring Shaun, and he simply couldn't have been a nicer guy. Gracious, funny, laid back, polite and chatty with everyone from the director down to the lowliest production assistant. Gave us about 4/5 hours of his time for absolute peanuts (relative to what other far less famous athletes demand to be paid for a shoot). And he was very interested in the whole production process, and really took his role seriously and wanted to deliver a good performance, which he did. Should be a funny spot once we're done editing.

And even after countless takes and lots of time sitting around the set, when he was done, he stopped to talk to a bunch of kids who had heard he was shooting in the neighborhod and had waited outside for him to finish up. Most athletes would have brushed right past them after a long, boring shoot and disappeared into the trailer, but Shaun stopped, chatted thhem up, asked them about their lives, what football teams they liked (mostly Giants/Jets fans, this being the Jersey burbs), just generally made them feel great. He then finished up by signing a couple dozen footballs for the kids, agency, client and crew.

So, a giant :D:D and :D to Shaun Alexander, a tremendous guy and my new favorite player in the NFL (who just grinned mischievously when talking of the 'Hawks cake schedule this year, so take LJ over him at your own peril, folks)...well, my favorite player outside of Brady, who, incidentally, Shaun said he's good friends with and is, according to Alexander, quote, "hands down the nicest guy in the league, who deserves everything he's achieved because he works his butt off and is such a great dude," end quote. So choke on that, Squeeg. :D

Being a Michigan fan, I was forced to "hate" Alexander during the 2000 Orange Bowl. He ran, basically untouched for 161 yds and 3 TDs :D After a couple years of owning him in FF and watching him more (because of owning him) the "hate" has turned to a strong admiration for the guy. A true class act.

He is I would say third on my fav. player list. 1.Favre, 2.Brady.

not for espn, but for an ad agency that does commercials for espn.

Sweet. So you quit your job to write a book and then get another job? :D Just messing around, sounds like it's still going good :D

Sweet. So you quit your job to write a book and then get another job? :D Just messing around, sounds like it's still going good :D

if you had bought an additional 300,000 copies of "committed" i could have STAYED quit. :D

Being a Michigan fan, I was forced to "hate" Alexander during the 2000 Orange Bowl. He ran, basically untouched for 161 yds and 3 TDs :D After a couple years of owning him in FF and watching him more (because of owning him) the "hate" has turned to a strong admiration for the guy. A true class act.

He is I would say third on my fav. player list. 1.Favre, 2.Brady.

I totally remember that game, I was in Tahoe for Y2K and had put some serious coin on Big Blue. I had already won big earlier in the day (BC vs. ???) so I didn't really care too much... but I recall going "wow" on more than one occasion.

Seems like a good dude. I own him in multiple leagues - dynasty included - and am pumped up to see what destruction he causes this season.

Not to name drop, but since this IS a fantasy forum and Shaun Alexander IS one of (if not the) biggest name in fantasy, and since there's all too often bad press re: athletes being total dicks, I thought I'd pass on a positive personal experience...

Just shot a commercial for Mobile ESPN featuring Shaun, and he simply couldn't have been a nicer guy. Gracious, funny, laid back, polite and chatty with everyone from the director down to the lowliest production assistant. Gave us about 4/5 hours of his time for absolute peanuts (relative to what other far less famous athletes demand to be paid for a shoot). And he was very interested in the whole production process, and really took his role seriously and wanted to deliver a good performance, which he did. Should be a funny spot once we're done editing.

And even after countless takes and lots of time sitting around the set, when he was done, he stopped to talk to a bunch of kids who had heard he was shooting in the neighborhod and had waited outside for him to finish up. Most athletes would have brushed right past them after a long, boring shoot and disappeared into the trailer, but Shaun stopped, chatted thhem up, asked them about their lives, what football teams they liked (mostly Giants/Jets fans, this being the Jersey burbs), just generally made them feel great. He then finished up by signing a couple dozen footballs for the kids, agency, client and crew.

So, a giant :D:D and :D to Shaun Alexander, a tremendous guy and my new favorite player in the NFL (who just grinned mischievously when talking of the 'Hawks cake schedule this year, so take LJ over him at your own peril, folks)...well, my favorite player outside of Brady, who, incidentally, Shaun said he's good friends with and is, according to Alexander, quote, "hands down the nicest guy in the league, who deserves everything he's achieved because he works his butt off and is such a great dude," end quote. So choke on that, Squeeg. :D

I think he's very devoted christian. There all that aw shucks nice. P.S. you are dropping names.