[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How much IDP experience do you have

How long have you been playing IDP?

Are you NEW to IDP?

If so what would you like to see in this forum that would help you out?

What IDP Info do you need to see or expect to see posted in this forum?

If you are NEW to IDP you should still post...post whatever questions you have...if

you have 'em then most likely someone else does too...we can only learn from the discussions

we have here...if you dont bring it up then we wont get to learn from it

My 1st IDP league was a sandbox league in 2001(maybe it was 02) but seriously got into IDP in 2003(FUSION) and all my leagues are here at the huddle and simply put its great competition in each and every one of those leagues...

and if you are NEW to IDP...keep at it!! its not hard but it can be tedious to stay on top of many more players then on the offensive side of the ball

Was in my first IDP league last year and was carried to the SB by Mathis and A. Wilson. This year I'm in first BOTH league (BsC) with the Sarge :D

edited to add: nothing? effin newb

Edited by Gonkis

First IDP league was last year (two of them). Now I am in 5 ...

5 is enuff ...

Whoops. Make that 6. 6 is definitely enuff!

Same two as Beau last year and I'm planning on sticking with only five this year. :D

I'm pretty new to IDP. Even though I researched as much as I could, there is no substitute for experience. The first year was definitely educational. I managed to make a nice move or two, but also made a few mistakes. It takes a while to learn which defensive schemes generate IDP points positionally, and learning what LB's for instance, like Hartwell, will only be two down players.

I would not join a league that wasn't IDP anymore. It's still all about the RB's, but a little less so.

Last year was my first year playing IDP. It's a local league with my cousin as the commish and a bunch of guys we play poker with. I won the regular season and the championship for a total of $500 thanks in large part to the advice I found here. So thanks Huddlers, look for that check in the mail real soon. :D

I drafted the following defense last year:

Peppers

Grant

D. Edwards

Mike Peterson

K. Brooking

Dawkins

Archuleta

My linebackers were beasts all year but obviously DL was a huge disappointment. Picked up some great free agents though, Mathis and that guy from the Raiders, forget his name.

We had owners who scoffed at the idea of IDP and only drafted offensive players until the very last 7 rounds. They paid the price for it too, so I expect this year to be much more competitive. :D

Last year was my first year in IDP/dynasty leagues (joined DW2 and created GMX with Ziachild) although I've always paid a lot of attention to defensive players, mostly because of my Madden addiction. :D

This year, I also joined DW3 (first-year dynasty) and the Handbook league (redraft). No matter what the others say, FOUR is definitely enough (especially with a side of WCOFF and OUTRAGED), unless you're single. :D

This year will be my first year with IDP's and im allready hooked. I joined DW3 and The Huddle rejects, 16 and 12 man dynasty leagues. My first draft was definately an experience...drafted IDP's early and often and my OFF suffered for it. So i went the youth route and it should be fun trying to build that team into a contender.

Love this forum though, I would of been lost with out it.

I did some redraft with IDP with Sandbox (when it was free awhile ago) 1st dynasty with IDP in 04. Terrible drafting for defense and I'm still trying to clean up the mess with trades and drafting 2 years later. Just going by last years defensive stats doesn't cut it. Great information here. Will try and contribute as well as soak up!

I did some redraft with IDP with Sandbox (when it was free awhile ago) 1st dynasty with IDP in 04. Terrible drafting for defense and I'm still trying to clean up the mess with trades and drafting 2 years later. Just going by last years defensive stats doesn't cut it. Great information here. Will try and contribute as well as soak up!

Welcome and continue to contribute :D

Since Fusion started in 2003.

Still have a lot of things to learn. :D

Big John has things he hasn't lerned yet? I'm bookmarking this quote so that I can pull it out for BJ in the future when he's owning everyone with his trivia knowledge...

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first year with IDP. I am in a 12 team Dynasty and 32 team Homer League. Both of the drafts were going on at the same time so its was kinda :D But I think I did ok. I did a lot of research and asked some questions here on the Huddle and PM'd of few guys and got some good advice.

Are you NEW to IDP? First season. Took over 1 dynasty team, started up another.

What IDP Info do you need to see or expect to see posted in this forum? Right now, I'm personally most concerned with the roster situation, so boderline kinds of player quality questions seem to come up the most right now.

If you are NEW to IDP you should still post...post whatever questions you have...if

you have 'em then most likely someone else does too...we can only learn from the discussions

we have here...if you dont bring it up then we wont get to learn from it So far, I've felt very comfortable about the advice I've gotten here. I'll let you know if I think you're losing me games. :D

I did an IDP mock last year, for the Huddle, and easily drafted the best team (does this count). :D

1st year in an IDP dynasty league (Poles N Holes). I took over a very good squad, lucky dice roll, and just hope to not screw up the defensive side of the ball.

Not sure how much I can contribute advice wise, but I will probably ask a lot of questions.

Edited by Men In Tights

• 3 weeks later...

Are you NEW to IDP?

What IDP Info do you need to see or expect to see posted in this forum?

we have here...if you dont bring it up then we wont get to learn from it

This is my first year playing IDP. I took over a team at a Dynasty League. Although it is very interesting, I have learned that it's the league that takes most of my time.

I have been reading articles about 3-4 4-3 formations and how it affects production at certain positions.

So far, I think that the LB is the defensive equivalent of a RB. Having said that, I'd like to see something like Avernus consensus cheat sheet for IDPs.

Also, how the formations affect production... e.g. 3-4, 4-3, safeties, etc.

Here's the scoring:

Length of Punt Return TD 6

Length of Kickoff Return TD 6

Length of Defensive Fumble Recovery TD 6

Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) 2 points each

Forced Fumbles 2 points each

Length of Interception Return TD 6

Interceptions Caught 2 points each

Blocked Field Goals 2 points each

Blocked Punts 2 points each

Tackles 1 point each

Assists 1 point each

Sacked a QB 2 points each

Safeties 2 points each

I have DT/DE: Allen, Jared KCC; Hall, James DET; Kearse, Jevon PHI; Rucker, Mike CAR; Udeze, Kenechi MIN

LB: Howard, Thomas OAK; McIntosh, Roger WAS; Porter, Joey PIT; Spikes, Takeo BUF; Taylor, Ben GBP; Thompson, Chaun CLE; Trotter, Jeremiah PHI

CB/S: Hall, Deangelo ATL; Huff, Michael OAK; Milloy, Lawyer ATL; Schweigert, Stuart OAK; Whitner, Donte BUF

We start: 3 DE/DT, 4 LB, 3 CB/S