[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chester Taylor

Royal 88s

Coupla things here nooB:

1. He's the undisputed starter, no RBBC: Did you read the post by Bronco Billy? There is no reason to believe that this will not be a RBBC or that Chester will even win the job.

2. He showed some promise with the sorry ass Ravens: He absolutely sucked on the Ravens and was unceremoniously dumped because of that and an even worse attitude.

I see him starting several games for the Vikes before getting replaced by a healthier and more productive RB.

Somewhat of a skewed perspective and inconspicuous placement of a noob jab. :D I am sure the purple glasses would have labeled him a total sleeper if he had re-signed in Baltimore.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, pretend you're in a 12-team league. You pick late in the second round. He may very well be one of the only projected true starting RB's still on the board for your second pick. I would much rather take him and worry about QB and WR with your 3rd, than I would taking Carson Palmer in the 2nd and having to gamble huge on your #2 RB in the 3rd.

Okay, pretend you're in a 12-team league. You pick late in the second round. He may very well be one of the only projected true starting RB's still on the board for your second pick. I would much rather take him and worry about QB and WR with your 3rd, than I would taking Carson Palmer in the 2nd and having to gamble huge on your #2 RB in the 3rd.

If I get one of the top 3 picks and can come back with Chester Taylor...I will feel real good about my team.

They paid him to come and be the starter, and that is what he will be.he has the line to succeed and I see no reason outside of injury to say he won't be a decent number 2 back.

So pretty much..I agree with what you are saying here.

As said ,the hype machine will get him higher up in the 2nd round, but IMO even then he will be worth the spot he is drafted.

Well, we'll see where he ends up being drafted, I'm thinking he will get pushed further and further up the hype chart before drafts actually start. I would bet you proabably won't touch him with a 3rd round pick in a 12 team league when draft time arrives "for real."

see....I say things like that every year...but nobody is going to draft someone that was a backup RB that high....

I grabbed Jordan in the early 3rd last year....that's where I expect to grab Taylor...

Alright try to comprehend this people:

Chester Taylor sucks! Chester Taylor has always sucked, and there is absolutely, positively no reason whatsoever to believe that he won't always continue to suck based on how he's looked thus far and the fact that he's gone to a team that sucks as well.

So Minnesota forked over some money for him to come over in some ridiculous hope that he would be something that he's never been before. That doesn't make him worth jack-squat.

Edited by Crazysight

Chester Taylor sucks! Chester Taylor has always sucked, and there is absolutely, positively no reason whatsoever to believe that he won't always continue to suck based on how he's looked thus far and the fact that he's gone to a team that sucks as well.

So Minnesota forked over some money for him to come over in some ridiculous hope that he would be something that he's never been before. That doesn't make him worth jack-squat.

mhm....people said this about LaMont Jordan last year....

I'm not going to try and convince people to draft CTaylor....I probably already have....but I'm not getting into these debates anymore...

I'm going to take players based on how I see them and have at it.....

there seems to be people who just want to say how bad he sucks and leave it at that.....they don't bring up any concrete proof......and your insight is no different than mine....a strong opinion.....you don't know he sucks....just like I don't know he'll be a potential top 10 back....but he has all the tools around him to do so....so I'm taking a chance..... :D

I disagree. I think he can be a good no.2. But he needs to get in shape and stay that way.

I disagree. I think he can be a good no.2. But he needs to get in shape and stay that way.

that out of shape stuff is old, though.....people say he's out of shape like the season is around the corner....they just expected him to come in tip-top shape immediately because he just signed a new contract....

Somewhat of a skewed perspective and inconspicuous placement of a noob jab. :D I am sure the purple glasses would have labeled him a total sleeper if he had re-signed in Baltimore.

We ran him out of town because he could not get the job done. If he re-signed here, I would have applauded the Mike Anderson era. Open your eyes, he stinks.

That's what I am saying, he might not even make it to the 3rd round in many drafts by the time the hype machine gets done with him..

No WAY would I touch him before late in the 3rd. But I can easily see him finishing ahead of some tier 2 RBs like DDavis, McGahee or Westbrook. Thus the sleeper tag. He has upside to crack the top 15. But you could argue that Parker, K Jones, Droughns or Julius could easily surpass Chester as well. Which is why I like drafting later this year...go RB, RB, then WR in the 3rd. I get a little queasy when I look at the Huddle's Tier 3 RBs this year....would rather skip them altogether, or hope one slips to me in the 5th.

No WAY would I touch him before late in the 3rd. But I can easily see him finishing ahead of some tier 2 RBs like DDavis, McGahee or Westbrook. Thus the sleeper tag. He has upside to crack the top 15. But you could argue that Parker, K Jones, Droughns or Julius could easily surpass Chester as well. Which is why I like drafting later this year...go RB, RB, then WR in the 3rd. I get a little queasy when I look at the Huddle's Tier 3 RBs this year....would rather skip them altogether, or hope one slips to me in the 5th.

I am liking Ronnie Brown more and more....especially with Beasley at FB.....and I think he can slip to me at 10th if I were to draft there...

I don't think people are trying to sway teams to taking Taylor over Jones, Jones, Droughns, Parker, just trying to say that Chester deserves to be mentioned with those names, rather than the next tier down of huge gambles and backups. I would personally take Kevin and Droughns over him, but would take Taylor before Julius or Parker.

I don't think people are trying to sway teams to taking Taylor over Jones, Jones, Droughns, Parker, just trying to say that Chester deserves to be mentioned with those names, rather than the next tier down of huge gambles and backups. I would personally take Kevin and Droughns over him, but would take Taylor before Julius or Parker.

....exactly.......

Coupla things here nooB:

1. He's the undisputed starter, no RBBC: Did you read the post by Bronco Billy? There is no reason to believe that this will not be a RBBC or that Chester will even win the job.

2. He showed some promise with the sorry ass Ravens: He absolutely sucked on the Ravens and was unceremoniously dumped because of that and an even worse attitude.

I see him starting several games for the Vikes before getting replaced by a healthier and more productive RB.

Noob?

I have been playing fantasy football for 15 years!

Noob?

Because I ask why people are calling an unproven RB in a pass happy offense a sleeper?

You were probably still on mommies tit when I started playing FF!

Who's the noob? :D

Noob?

Noob?

Because I ask why people are calling an unproven RB in a pass happy offense a sleeper?

:D He is 36. :D

Noob?

Noob?

Try to follow along. :D I was responding to this post:

QUOTE(matt770 @ 6/28/06 2:53pm)

Why is he a sleeper pick? He's the undisputed starter, no RBBC, idiot Tice is history, an improved o-line, should get plenty of touches to be productive. He showed some promise with the sorry ass Ravens, now he enters an ideal situation to shine. Sounds like the Vikings are going to make him somewhat of a centerpiece of the offense. He'll either sink or swim, but he has the *opportunity*, that's all you can ask for. Looking at the guys further down the list, you see guys that have been fragile in the past (Julius Jones, Kevin Jones, Jamal) or who may split carries (Julius, Bell). Thus Taylor is ranked where he is.

Kind of a scary situation...I've been doing some mock drafts and I'm really not comfortable with my choices for RB2. After the first 12 are gone, it becomes a huge crapshoot.

I'm wondering if the Taurean Henderson kid the Vikes drafted out of Texas A&M might have some life in this kind of offense. He is the prototypical West Coast HB size, had a fantastic college career, and showed a real nose for the end zone (17 rushing TDs last season. He rushed for over 100 yards against A&M and Oklahoma, and caught over 300 passes out of the backfield in his career. Of course, temper all these numbers with the Texas Tech offense. This kid would seem to have Brian Westbrook written all over him. I haven't seen or heard anything about him, but I would think this kid could play.