[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who was the best player you have ever owned?

peepinmofo

I remember that both Carolina and GB were laying fuggin beat downs on their opponents in week 17 for overall points to get in the PO if I remember correctly.

Actually NFC point differental, but it did not matter in the end as Dallas won the late game that day

Edited by Big John

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

Second to last TD was Favre to Schroeder.

Last TD was Levens.

Yes, I actually remember that day now, as I was glued to the TV. That was one day I just despised the Pack, which is not usually the case. I most likely blocked some of it out-very cliffhanger day in my NFL life if there has ever been one for sure, but make no doubt-you are the "source" for info Big Fella :D

Faulk in 2000 was probably my best. Then also two years ago Culpepper when he was overshadowed by Manning but still had one of the best statiscal years for a QB ever. SA last year was also pretty huge.

A draft I will never forget

3 years ago, Holmes was still there at pick #6...nobody wanted him because of his injury......Everything was quiet at my local draft because everyone could tell I was thinking of it.....I said "Priest Holmes", and two of my rivals yelled "Gone by week #3".....

Needlees to say, 17 weeks later I was champion and rode Homles and Daunte to a local FF Championship!!

BM

I had Emmitt Smith the year he had 25 TDs. Man, that really helps when one guy goes crazy and everyone else on your team is also contributing consistently

I am going to go out of the box on this one and go with two players because of how I acquired them.Drew Bennett and Brandon Stokley during the 2004 season.Both were waiver wire pickups and became my two starting WR's toward the end of the season.I rolled to the title with these two guys.

Steve Young and TD in 1998...Set League records for points, wins, etc. Went 12-1 with lone loss coming from other team having Home Field Advantage (3pts) and I loss by 2 pts in week 12. Had visions of a undefeated season. (That would make a hell of a thread.... Anyone ever gone undefeated and who where your studs ?) Destroyed him in Division Finals and went on to win league Championship. Young had 4600 yds and 42 tds total and TD had 2200 yds and 23 tds total. TD had 1000yds and 12 tds in the first 7 games. Never dominated a season like that since. :D

LJ and Steve Smith in 2005...especially after I was mocked and ridiculed for paying too much for LJ in our auction league keeper league and keeping Steve Smith. Went all the way too the championship where I lost by 1 damn point...thanks to Mushin Muhammed and Derrick Mason scoring TDs, Tom Brady throwing to Vrabel instead of Branch...Oh yeah, and Brunell (my 3rd string QB) getting knocked out and Steve Smith getting thrown out..! :D

1999 Kurt Warner in TD Only league - 41 TDs in less than 16 games ...

I picked up Warner after Vinny got offed for the season after week 1. Vinny was a stud the year before.

Warner couldn't save my season all by himself though as Jamal Anderson went out also after week 1 and never came back. I lost my #1 and #2 picks in my TD only league in week 1 that year. :D

I had Carson Palmer(7th round) AND Sean Alexander last year in the same league and didn't even win

any $. Bad luck and so so WRs doomed me.