[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

grill challenge

nuke'em ttg

Food & Bev has made me take more pride in my grill.... :D ...sippin .. :D ..this mornin and decided to tear that sucker down & clean it.....this Goo Gone Brand BBQ Grill Cleaner works pretty good....scrape loose stuff..spray on..hose off....ready for the weekend.. :D ..how often do you guys tackle this ???????

after further review the GOO GONE didn't work as well as last time... :D ..grill was pretty bad though... :D ....any other cleaners you've had luck with....

Edited by nuke'em ttg

Food & Bev has made me take more pride in my grill.... :D ...sippin .. :D ..this mornin and decided to tear that sucker down & clean it.....this Goo Gone Brand BBQ Grill Cleaner works pretty good....scrape loose stuff..spray on..hose off....ready for the weekend.. :D ..how often do you guys tackle this ???????

after further review the GOO GONE didn't work as well as last time... :D ..grill was pretty bad though... :D ....any other cleaners you've had luck with....

You just cleaned the flavor right off. :D:D

Ouch, I clean mine by cooking nothing at a very hot temp. Clean and scrape the grate on occasion, but like a good cast iron skillet seasoning the grill is key. Maybe sprayed down with straight water and nothing more if sheaht is growing on it :D

I pretty much have to do minimal cleaning every time. My coals sit on the fire pan, which has dime size holes in the bottom, which allows the ash to fall into the ash pan. I take my ash brush and get it good and swept down into the ash pan-remove ash pan and dumb/spread ashes around my plant beds. My grates pretty much scrape clean after letting them heat up after the coals have ashed over and before I put the meat on the grill. I'm doing the ritual tonight as I'm firing up the grill and cooking a nice big top sirloin that I will slice into strips with some Bernaise sauce. Whip up some white rice-throw some butter and garlic salt into it with some parsley-grill some tomatoes-drink some cold beer :D Bon Appetite Huddle Nation!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When the grill starts to catch on fire on a regular basis, I'll pull the pan and hit it with the power washer. Otherwise, I just pre-heat up to 500+ degrees and give the grates a scrub with a brass brush. No cleaning chemicals go in my grill.