[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Auctions: buy 2 of top 3 RBs

BeeR

Anyone ever try this? How'd it work out? Risky strat but considering this year....

It generally does not work. Last year in my auction league I won the SB not by drafting top RBs but by letting other owners pay top dollar for those RBs and then filling out my squad with good players top to bottom.

My RBs finished 15th and 25th.

It generally does not work. Last year in my auction league I won the SB not by drafting top RBs but by letting other owners pay top dollar for those RBs and then filling out my squad with good players top to bottom.

Followed the same strategy and came in 2nd. One injury away from 1st. Let the others blow their wads and you built depth/balance is the way I'd do it. JMHO.

in auctions, I either end up with a top 3 RB because I take the first pick of the auction (often a decent value) or I end up without any top ten RB. I very much prefer to let other teams burn up their cash on that top ten RB because I want a whole team - not just an RB or two.

It's pretty hard to field a complete team starting out with 2 RB's that may take what - over half of your total cap? Most important thing is just to know player value so you know when you are getting a good deal or at least not overpaying.

I did it in Corleone 3 yrs ago with LT and Priest and I won the title...

I then repeated the following yr with LT and I think Deuce McCalister(I think) and he got hurt and it still worked out for me

I think this depends on roster sizes, starting requirements, and how much they go for ...

It can be a very good strategy, if you are good at finding sleepers at other positions ...

Only once did I purchase two top RB's, I got Holmes and Tomlinson in 2002 (Spent $140 of $180 budget). Got lucky with Horn and Toomer who both went very cheep ($5) and then picked up Brooks ($2). filled out rest of team with $1 players and FA's. Went 11-3 and won it all. Pure luck!! I have never tried it since. Couple of guys in the league have and crashed and burned.

I usually look for bargains! I got Barber, Rudi, and LJ last year for less than LT or Alexander went for individually. Then got Bulger for under $10. Spent big on Gates and Holt. Then just started out bidding other owners torwards the end of the draft to get huge value buys!

I love laying in the weeds and letting everyone else over spend on the big RB's and QB's!!

in auctions, I either end up with a top 3 RB because I take the first pick of the auction (often a decent value) or I end up without any top ten RB. I very much prefer to let other teams burn up their cash on that top ten RB because I want a whole team - not just an RB or two.

It's pretty hard to field a complete team starting out with 2 RB's that may take what - over half of your total cap? Most important thing is just to know player value so you know when you are getting a good deal or at least not overpaying.

What, are you like some 'Authority' on Fantasy Football or something? :D

What Grins says....this works....seems my baseball winnings just may pay for all my football entries this year. :D The wife prefers this to cash.... :D

This is the correct answer.

I skipped on all of the top 20 auction RBs last year, and instead drafted (very, very inexpensively) (1) LJ, (2) Cadillac, (3) Ronnie Brown, (4) Willie Parker, and (5) Thomas Jones. I was able to fill in with other inexpensive players like Boldin, Burress, and others, and absolutely demolished the league.

(in fact, because it was a keeper league and guys like Ronnie Brown ended up being worth so much at their $1 salary, I was able to make some big ticket trades during the year, and ended with a starting lineup of Palmer, Holt, CJ, Boldin, LJ, Cadillac, Tony G -- it was too easy at that point).

In auctions, DRAFT FOR VALUE. Let someone else pay almost half his salary for LT2. Pay a couple bucks for Dunn and other value guys and run off with it.

My two cents.