[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LenDale White update via sportsline

Avernus

LenDale White, RB TEN

News: Sporting a $26,000 diamond-and-gold bridge in his mouth, the Orange County Register reports that Titans rookie RB LenDale White says his weight is down, his hamstring is healing and his focus is up on being in camp and running hard against the 31 teams that passed on him in the 2006 NFL Draft. "It's a 31-team chip," White said about the chip on his shoulder. "I love Tennessee and the team. Coach (Jeff) Fisher really welcomed me. That meant a lot. And I'm going back with (offensive coordinator Norm) Chow. He's somebody who knows what I've gone through to get to this point. There can't be any lies with him. He saw me every day there for a while. He must believe in me."

Analysis: It was recently reported that Chris Brown was ahead of Travis Henry and LenDale White on the depth chart because of his blocking capabilities, but Brown's history of being injury prone is well documented. White's potential to start as a goal-line back and emerge as a featured back is immense, and it's enough to make him a pick in drafts between Rounds 5 and 7.

If he can stay healthy and keep his weight down....he should be an auto handcuff for those looking to get a RB later (CBrown) and locking up his backup as well....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget the handcuff, I would not mind snapping up White in the sixth or later rounds no matter if I had C Brown or not.

good info here...

but if you were somehow a Brown fan... :D...you'd almost have to try and get this kid to handcuff...

my gameplan is to try and snap him up in the 7th or 8th round...depending on what type of value is available at that time....and I have no interest in drafting Chris Brown what-so-ever...

after all he's been through, i'm glad he is now able to stick that diamond and gold bridge in his mouth. that's just a great ending to this feel-good story ...

:D

what a complete fool. Spend your money on a diamond and gold bridge for your teeth. :D

Edited by CaptainHook

Come on Hook, if you were that rich, you know you'd have some bling!!

Ever since he got drafted by Tennessee (Chow), I've thought he was a no-brainer. I really think he'll get a shot to play early, and could very quickly in the season turn Chris Brown into a 3rd-down back. Until we heard about the weight and hammy, a lot of people believed he would be a better pro than Reggie Bush. I didn't agree with that, but I think he could be a very serviceable fantasy back, especially since he has always turned it up a notch in the red zone.

I've said since last year that I'd take White over Bush... Bush isnt an every down back. White will punish defenses, he reminds me of a mixture of Jamal Lewis and Jerome Bettis... A pounder that will score, and will be successful. Also, he has a chip on his shoulder. I really wanted him to go to Green Bay with their second pick...

I've said since last year that I'd take White over Bush... Bush isnt an every down back. White will punish defenses, he reminds me of a mixture of Jamal Lewis and Jerome Bettis... A pounder that will score, and will be successful. Also, he has a chip on his shoulder. I really wanted him to go to Green Bay with their second pick...

Eddie George part II in Tennessee.

The Titans need to be at the goaline a lot for White to score goalline TD's and I just don't see a lot of that happening. They'll also be playing from behind a lot so I don't think he'll really get to punish D's very often and control the clock.

Forget the handcuff, I would not mind snapping up White in the sixth or later rounds no matter if I had C Brown or not.

How much in an auction would you pay :D I wouldn't mind getting him for a buck or 2, but we can only have 4 RBs max...depends who falls I guess.

I am sky high on LenDale White! I do believe that Brown will be the starter when the season opens, but White will slowly get more and more carries and will eventually take over for Brown because of injury or talent or both. I can see a RBBC early this year. But White is without a doubt the 1 back you have to take if you are going to get a Titan rb.

The Titans need to be at the goaline a lot for White to score goalline TD's and I just don't see a lot of that happening. They'll also be playing from behind a lot so I don't think he'll really get to punish D's very often and control the clock.

Well...not really. Miami wasn't exactly a great offense when Lamar Smith scored a crapload of TDs. There are plenty of other examples of pedestrian offenses with RBs scoring lots of TDs, but I figured Lamar Smith was enough. :D

Well...not really. Miami wasn't exactly a great offense when Lamar Smith scored a crapload of TDs. There are plenty of other examples of pedestrian offenses with RBs scoring lots of TDs, but I figured Lamar Smith was enough. :D

exactly....all they need is a PI call or a deep bomb to chambers...

plus 9 TD's far exceedes my expectations at this point as a backup....and that's only 9 GL trips.....that's one big game and a couple lucky ones....

I look for White to play, play early, and play alot! The Titans arent that sold on Chris Brown and with McNair moving on, they'll be concentrating on pumping up their running game even more--to take the pressure off of the passing game of Volek/Young.

I believe White will definitely steal goal line TDs from Brown..and if history holds and Brown gets nicked up, he'll be the starter and will put up some pretty good numbers. I think he is a solid middle rounds pick with a lot upside.

Looks like my rookie drafting in the dynasty league is shaping up. Passed on A J Hawke and took Lendale White and was able to get Hodge in the second. Sounding like good news for me today.

I would have too but White went 1.04.

White was my #2 RB prospect in January, clapped and laughed quite loudly when the Titans selected him on draft day.

I drafted him in a dynasty league at 1.03 (over Williams and Addai) in early May. Would have taken him over Maroney as well.

Haven't regretted it yet. Don't own Chris Brown.

Bust of the Year.

I refuse to draft a moron with 26k worth of jewelry in his mouth.

Is there a connection with playing ability and mouth jewelry? I dislike a lot of things southern whtes(Nascar) and urban blacks do, but they don't get a lot I do either. A lot of it is culture. Norm Chow backs him-that's enough for me.

Don't draft him then. You don't have to.

Would you like the 26K better if it was a 26K car or truck?