[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LenDale White update via sportsline

Avernus

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edge and CJ both have it... I don't understand it, but I don't think that there are parrallels between there on field performance and money managment...

Actually it's different. Edge and Chad have gold covered teeth. They didn't cost $26K.

This is almost a mouth guard that makes you look like you have gold and diamond teeth. There is a ridiculous song about it too. It's the "new" thing to do. And it looks completely stupid.

Is there a connection with playing ability and mouth jewelry? I dislike a lot of things southern whtes(Nascar) and urban blacks do, but they don't get a lot I do either. A lot of it is culture. Norm Chow backs him-that's enough for me.

Don't draft him then. You don't have to.

Would you like the 26K better if it was a 26K car or truck?

Thanks for saying it for me. Lendale White would have went no.2 if it was me at that spot. I got a steal in getting Maroney and White in my new dynasty league I just got in.

You know what guys, I think there is one thing we are all forgetting--- Chris Brown is damn talented. If somehow he doesn't get hurt, there is a chance that Lendale never gets anything more than mop-up duty on a bad team, which might not make him the bust of the year considering he was a second rounder, but it ain't too good either. You have to also consider his lack of motivation during the offseason. Could it be part of a pattern?

As far as Reggie Bush. Dude ain't too small. Marty, Priest and Tiki ain't too small. Reggie is faster, quicker, and has better hands than any of them. I don't know how he got tabbed the guy to pick on, but y'all that haven't got a lot of chances to see him are about to witness something special.

how is a 2nd round player a bust of the year :D

The expectations for White in fantasy circles are higher than his 2nd round status would otherwise suggest.

As to the comments above regarding his ridiculous mouth jewelry, (1) yes, I think it would be better if he spent 26 k on a car, and (2) no, the two have absolutely no correlation. I have been calling him the bust of the year since before the draft (when certain people unbelieveably were suggesting that he will have a better NFL career than Bush), and so far this offseason he has done nothing to change my perception other than to show up fatter and slower to his first NFL training camps than he did to the combines.

I was adamant about Benson being the bust of the three last year (I know, he was hurt, and he looked decent when he played, but I STILL say he is a head case and isn't half the RB that Thomas Jones is), and White is my pick this year.

Time will tell. Until then, I'll enjoy the articles about the moron blowing 26k on tooth jewels and showing up pudgy when the entirety of his existence and career require only that he stay in shape.

The expectations for White in fantasy circles are higher than his 2nd round status would otherwise suggest.

As to the comments above regarding his ridiculous mouth jewelry, (1) yes, I think it would be better if he spent 26 k on a car, and (2) no, the two have absolutely no correlation. I have been calling him the bust of the year since before the draft (when certain people unbelieveably were suggesting that he will have a better NFL career than Bush), and so far this offseason he has done nothing to change my perception other than to show up fatter and slower to his first NFL training camps than he did to the combines.

I was adamant about Benson being the bust of the three last year (I know, he was hurt, and he looked decent when he played, but I STILL say he is a head case and isn't half the RB that Thomas Jones is), and White is my pick this year.

Time will tell. Until then, I'll enjoy the articles about the moron blowing 26k on tooth jewels and showing up pudgy when the entirety of his existence and career require only that he stay in shape.

the fact that just about every team passed on him...except for ones that didn't have a pick in the 1st round...doesn't bode well for him...or the team he is on....plus there were what, five RB's selected ahead of him?..

while I completely see what you're saying...I have severely lowered my expectations of him between the end of the NCAA championship and this very day......

Actually it's different. Edge and Chad have gold covered teeth. They didn't cost $26K.

This is almost a mouth guard that makes you look like you have gold and diamond teeth. There is a ridiculous song about it too. It's the "new" thing to do. And it looks completely stupid.

He's an NFL runningback whose style is that of a bruiser and he's trying to look tough and intimidating. That's part of his style. As far as the 26K goes, well he's a 22 year old guy who just came into a lot of money (26K to a guy who will be a millionaire isn't a ton in the big picture). How many young guys who come into money don't squander a lot of it on stuff that will enhance their self-image in the short-term? A lot of young guys who DON"T have a lot of money do this sort of thing, let alone guys who do. My brother bought a 10K porsche after he got out of college, and he was making only 15 bucks per hour! He's gotten a bit wiser with his money with a little age however and now he's 27 and currently making 60K a year.

I feel more confident about a young guy who does this sort of thing than i would a pedestrian guy who takes the attitude: "well i'll just put it away into real-estate, do some investments, college funds...etc. etc.). A young guy with that attitude doesn't have what it takes to make it in the NFL. White at least has confidence in himself by spending this amount, as it suggests he believes that it won't be a lot to him in the big picture.

Edited by Crazysight

"and so far this offseason he has done nothing to change my perception other than to show up fatter and slower to his first NFL training camps than he did to the combines."

You need to do better research before you post such things. He showed up to training camp significantly LIGHTER than he was at the the combine.

"people unbelieveably were suggesting that he will have a better NFL career than Bush"

That isn't unbelievable. Are you at all familiar with White's stats in college? He averaged over 10 yards per carry at USC last year in the same way that Reggie Bush did.

All I can say is Lendale White will show up as a Top 15 back by year 2. And everyone will be bidding for his services. The guy has mad skillz. So he can be a BUST in anyone league. And I will continue to pick him up as the no. 4 or 5 guy via RB Rookie Drafts. This guy is the real deal and this wont be taken care of till yr 2 or 3.

All I can say is Lendale White will show up as a Top 15 back by year 2. And everyone will be bidding for his services. The guy has mad skillz. So he can be a BUST in anyone league. And I will continue to pick him up as the no. 4 or 5 guy via RB Rookie Drafts. This guy is the real deal and this wont be taken care of till yr 2 or 3.

When the guy touting his "mad skillz" is supporting White's purchase of a $26k face rack, forgive me if I look the other way.

Edited by Otis

"and so far this offseason he has done nothing to change my perception other than to show up fatter and slower to his first NFL training camps than he did to the combines."

You need to do better research before you post such things. He showed up to training camp significantly LIGHTER than he was at the the combine.

"people unbelieveably were suggesting that he will have a better NFL career than Bush"

That isn't unbelievable. Are you at all familiar with White's stats in college? He averaged over 10 yards per carry at USC last year in the same way that Reggie Bush did.

White is a product of the system. Reggie Bush is a special talent who just made defenses look silly. I'll stand by that for a long time.

:D

They're called "grills".

As far as Reggie Bush. Dude ain't too small. Marty, Priest and Tiki ain't too small. Reggie is faster, quicker, and has better hands than any of them. I don't know how he got tabbed the guy to pick on, but y'all that haven't got a lot of chances to see him are about to witness something special.

And AJ Hawk is the next Ray Lewis...

Lets see him do something on the field in the NFL before you say he does anything better than Priest or Tiki... I remember hearing stuff about Ron Dayne and Thomas Jones being great coming out of the draft as well...

White is a product of the system. Reggie Bush is a special talent who just made defenses look silly. I'll stand by that for a long time.

:D

So someone who runs over defenders, basically knocks them on their asses is a product of a system? You cant teach that buddy... You may not like him, but he was no way a product of the system.

So someone who runs over defenders, basically knocks them on their asses is a product of a system? You cant teach that buddy... You may not like him, but he was no way a product of the system.

Lots of guys do that in college. Talk to me in 6 months.

1. Lendale White 13 203 1103 5.4 84.8 15

2. Reggie Bush 13 143 908 6.3 69.8 6

Player GP RUSH RUYD RUYA RUTD

Reggie Bush 13 200 1740 8.7 16

LenDale White 13 197 1302 6.6 24

I'm not saying Bush isn't all he's supposed to, and I don't think he's too small. But, those stats don't exactly say he's all that far ahead of White. I know, different running styles and Bush is the better athlete. Being a great athlete doesn't mean you're going to succeed. Time will tell but, I'm just tired of all the hype. I think White deserves more respect than he's given. Being in Reggie Bush's shadow so to speak.