[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Late!

FishFreak

I've said this before but do yourself a favor boys and draft late. Push back your league draft as far as possible. I always get a kick out of drafts held in July and early August when there is so much yet to be determined. Don't get stuck with players that get injured, contract holdouts that affect rookies, starting position battles, etc. My suggestion, draft late August or even the first week of September if you can. This will ensure having all updated info and injuries going into your season. Why gamble or assume?

I'm going to have 6 drafts held the night before the first game now. Thanks for the advice.

that is still way too risky. you wont even know until the broncos first game which RB will be starting. i say you have your drafts after the season is over, that way, nothing could go wrong. :D

I'm going to have 6 drafts held the night before the first game now. Thanks for the advice.

Have them when Onterrio Smith is allowed back into the NFL as we are doing. Late October or November ought to do it. :D

We do know this Captain, but drafts taking place now are keepers and we know players can get hurt at any time. It is football. Keepers are year round football leagues.

Redrafts do take place as close to the end of training camp as fit our schedules and even at that someone always takes someone who is out.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. My local now has the draft after the first game has been played, since nobody wants to do it 2 weeks early, nobody wants to do it Labor Day weekend, and everyone is too lazy to do it during a week night....so, it's been done the Saturday before the first weekend's games, and that Thursday start has put a crimp into our rules.....but since it's only 1 game, most don't care.

After a couple of years off, I forgot how sarcastic this message board is. I should have known better when guys named Chief Dick and Whiskey Pimp chime in. I'll be enjoying the verbal spats all year long. Actually it's not so obvious. Most crappy leagues start drafting early to mid August. :D

After a couple of years off, I forgot how sarcastic this message board is. I should have known better when guys named Chief Dick and Whiskey Pimp chime in. I'll be enjoying the verbal spats all year long. Actually it's not so obvious. Most crappy leagues start drafting early to mid August. :D

Fins Wagon?

then why don't you request your old name back?...I did the same when I took a year off....

I've said this before but do yourself a favor boys and draft late. Push back your league draft as far as possible. I always get a kick out of drafts held in July and early August when there is so much yet to be determined. Don't get stuck with players that get injured, contract holdouts that affect rookies, starting position battles, etc. My suggestion, draft late August or even the first week of September if you can. This will ensure having all updated info and injuries going into your season. Why gamble or assume?

Should I draft a kicker before my 2nd RB?

Drafting late puts everyone on the same even playing field. I follow football year around for one reason: I want to be better prepared then my opponents. If you draft early the true fantasy footballer has the advantage over the others. If you want to dominate your league draft early. Why would you want all of your competition to have all the questions answered before they draft? Doesn't that take the strategy out of what we all love? Drafting a day or two before the season is a waste of my year round research.

:D What is it with the low IQ, well in this case, kinda sorta newbs lately, most of us on the board have been doing this awhile(my local been going since 1989), so expect a little backlash from a "No Chit Sherlock" statement :D When is this fuggin maddness gonna stop :D

So...after 10 years of "crappy" leagues, you finally decided to move on.

What made them crappy, the early draft or the fact that you couldn't win them?? :D

:D What is it with the low IQ, well in this case, kinda sorta newbs lately, most of us on the board have been doing this awhile(my local been going since 1989), so expect a little backlash from a "No Chit Sherlock" statement :D When is this fuggin maddness gonna stop :D

yeah, it seems like this happens each year around this time... I think they go away around week two of the regular season... :D