[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's the Worst player you ever drafted?

Asskickas

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend in a 16 team league last year drafted Jamal Lewis. Ahman Green, and Andre Johnson as his first 3 picks. After the draft, he was predicted to have the team to beat. He ended the season 1-15 (we have double-headers 4 times), which was the worst record in the 11 year history of the league.

I picked up some guy named Warner and didn't lose again, til round 1 of the playoffs. The guy I played against started Fred Taylor, who wasn't even supposed to play, but he didn't have anybody else. Stewart got hurt in the 3rd and Taylor finished the game scoring like 17 fantasy points in 1.5 quarters.

Remember it well because it cost me a chance to repeat as champs. At least I think that was the year FT had a huge day late in the year that hosed me.

I've had more than a few busts but the one that I first thought of was Favre, and I don't mean last year (I did draft him last year but was bought relatively cheaply). It was a handful of years back when he was tearing it up and before everyone drafted RBs almost exclusively in the first round. I took him 1.02. Ray Rhodes was the coach. nuff said. :D

William Green the year he was "supposed" to break out.

Yes. I had him in three out of five leagues, drafting him as high as late 2nd round (I won that league, no thanks to him. I had LT and Taylor as my other backs).

Another one that comes to mind is drafting David Boston in the 2nd round a few years ago. I had taken TO and him back-to-back with the 12/13 picks. Managed to snag a decent group of backs in the next few rounds and thought there was no way I wouldn't win that championship, since I had two of the top three rated receivers. Boston sucked that year, eventually got hurt, TO didn't produce quite enough to warrant a 1st-round pick, and my mediocre backs carried me just enough to make the playoffs. I think I lost in the first round.

I selected Barry Sanders #1 overall after his 2000 + yard season. The league was TD heavy but he was pretty even with Terrell Davis under the same scoring system. Davis was the consensus #1 pick that year and Barry #2....homer pick.

Terrell tore it up and almost single handedly won the championship for the guy behind me. I can't remember how many TDs Barry had but they were few.

Last year I started out with D. Davis, K. Jones, R. Wayne 1,2,3 in a 14 team league. My draft didn't get much better after that either. 1-10 start!!!

I selected Barry Sanders #1 overall after his 2000 + yard season. The league was TD heavy but he was pretty even with Terrell Davis under the same scoring system. Davis was the consensus #1 pick that year and Barry #2....homer pick.

Terrell tore it up and almost single handedly won the championship for the guy behind me. I can't remember how many TDs Barry had but they were few.

:D 1998 - 4 TDs

I also drank the William Green kool-aid. I drafted him in the middle of the second round, and had a guy offer me Randy Moss straight up for him after the draft was over. I told him to get lost. :D

I shat the bed in one league last year, drafting McGahee and J. Lewis in the first two rounds. In the first 6 weeks I traded McGahee for Peyton and had to eat Jamal for the year.

1996 - 1.1 Scott Mitchell, QB DET

Was my first year playing fantasy football and I got asked to play the day of the draft. Not good.

2004 - 2.2 Kevan Barlow

No excuses here...That one's on me.

Edited by myhousekey