[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hypothetical question

matt770

This morning Kurt Warner slipped while bending over to pick up the newspaper in his driveway, breaking his left leg in two places. He's gone for the season and may even retire for good. The starter in Arizona this year is Matt Leinart. What is the impact to Boldin & Fitz? Still tier 1 WRs? How much is their production affected by this change?

Very good question, I don't think they will be as much of an Impact. In this case I like Edge a lot more now :D. I still think they will put up numbers, but not like last year with Warner under center.

While rookies are always a risk, Leinart is about as accomplished as you can get coming out of college. I would not expect too steep of a drop, least nothing more pronounced than when any starter goes down and the back-up steps in.

Not really a matter of "if" Warner will go down as to "when" he goes down. That being said, I would not skip a beat in drafting either of those two WR's as Leinart will be fine after a game or two when called upon.

Very good question, I don't think they will be as much of an Impact. In this case I like Edge a lot more now :D. I still think they will put up numbers, but not like last year with Warner under center.

I think there is a big chance of this happening by the end of the year, either because Warner gets hurt or AZ is out of contention and they want the kid to get some experience. Given that this scenario would hit toward the end of the year, right when fantasy playoffs start, and we're talking about TWO stud WRs having to share what production may be left, and all the questions about Leinart's arm and accuracy, as if just being an NFL rookie wasn't bad enough, I wonder if these two might be too much of a risk as tier 1 WRs?

I guess I'm in the minority. Just seems like last year was an anomoly in that AZ had no run game at all, so Warner was throwing the ball a ridiculous amount. Now they have Edge, so that has to change things at least a little bit. But what troubles me more is all I've read about Leinart's arm and accuracy. He had a superior o-line at USC which gave him plenty of time to throw, and when pressured he often threw the ball at receivers' feet. This may be why 9 teams passed on him. But even if he is the next Marino, don't most QBs need a year or two to catch up to the NFL game? With all these factors, I just don't see how TWO WRs on this team can finish in the top ten. I'd be willing to bet money it doesn't happen.

While rookies are always a risk, Leinart is about as accomplished as you can get coming out of college. I would not expect too steep of a drop, least nothing more pronounced than when any starter goes down and the back-up steps in.

Yeah I'd take Leinhart no doubt over Warner next year. Combined Anquan and Fitz had 9 +40 yarders. I think that it'd be about a 3500 yard season with 18 TDs.

I guess I'm in the minority. Just seems like last year was an anomoly in that AZ had no run game at all, so Warner was throwing the ball a ridiculous amount. Now they have Edge, so that has to change things at least a little bit. But what troubles me more is all I've read about Leinart's arm and accuracy. He had a superior o-line at USC which gave him plenty of time to throw, and when pressured he often threw the ball at receivers' feet. This may be why 9 teams passed on him. But even if he is the next Marino, don't most QBs need a year or two to catch up to the NFL game? With all these factors, I just don't see how TWO WRs on this team can finish in the top ten. I'd be willing to bet money it doesn't happen.

:D & +1

1 thing...NFL coaching will help alter his decision making...

the difference between college and the NFL is game speed....so he'll have to make quicker reads....and with the weapons he has, all he has to do is get on the same page as them and their talent will work the rest out...

I was not a fan of Leinart coming out of college and wanted Cutler to go to the Cards.....but if Leinart was going anywhere, this is the spot to go and he has the best pass blocking RB to help buy him that extra second in the passing game...

HOPEFULLY the OL has improved at least a little since last year....he has Leonard Pope, Fitz and Boldin along with Edge chipping DE's as he swings out the backfield....

but hopefully Edge's blocking will be so good that Leinart doesn't have to step in this year and they fight for a WC spot....if not the division :D

Edited by Avernus

Leinart's an awfully polished QB used to big game action. I wouldn't expect much of a drop if it happens later in the year. Early now that's a good question.

:D exactly....I expect him to come in around week 10 or later if they aren't that good....and even by injury, but you can't predict those unless it's Mike Vick or Fred Taylor

:D exactly....I expect him to come in around week 10 or later if they aren't that good....and even by injury, but you can't predict those unless it's Mike Vick or Fred Taylor

Keg's right, but I expect Leonard Pope(almost 6'8) and Boldin to be his new best friends.