[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Koren Robinson Hitting the Pipe?

Vikings receiver Robinson enters rehab

Updated: 07/06/2006 06:43:44 PM

VIDEO | Print Story | Email to a Friend

Vikings wide receiver Koren Robinson has checked himself into a drug rehabilitation center, 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS has learned.

Alvin Keel’s, Robinson’s agent, confirms the Vikings star voluntarily entered the rehabilitation program in late June.

Keels says Robinson did nothing wrong, but would not share any more details.

The Minnesota Vikings organization has not yet commented on the circumstances.

Robinson previously violated the league’s substance abuse policy and served a four-game suspension in 2004.

Robinson was also treated for alcohol abuse at a rehabilitation center in South Carolina in 2005.

If Robinson were found in violation of league policy again, he could face up to a year-long suspension.

Stay with 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS and KSTP.com for further updates on this breaking story.

How much does this raise Travis Traylors value??????

Fool me once, Koren, shame on you.

Fool Ziachild twice, shame on him. :D

EDIT: Fool DMD badly enough to rank you the #4 WR and shame on both of you! :D

Don't talk about Loyalboyd like that. It isn't nice.

Edited by Randall

Seeing as how his agent said he did "nothing wrong", maybe his DRUG rehab is for Dropping the Rock Upon the Ground

Some kinda 12-step program to cure his slippery hands.

He went back to rehab just to freshen up on the 12 steps. :D He wouldn't want to make any mistakes.

NFL Network said earlier this evening that even though his agent is confirming, K-Rob himself is denying it. :D

Ditto Cap'N........here is what KRob is saying:

News and Notes

Jul 6

Jeff Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Koren Robinson's agent, Alvin Keels, confirmed Thursday, July 6, that the receiver has re-entered an alcohol rehab facility. Keels made it clear that Robinson's decision was voluntary and he has not violated the NFL's substance abuse policy. "Is Koren Robinson in rehab or at a rehab facility? Yes," said Keels, responding to a report that first broke on profootballtalk.com. "Was Koren Robinson drinking? No. Was Koren Robinson forced by the NFL or the Vikings to go? No. Most recovering alcoholics seek treatment through the years. He's just being more proactive than in the past." Keels made it clear that Robinson can leave the facility at any time and expressed disappointment that word had leaked out about his client's private decision. A Vikings spokesman said the team would have no comment on the subject. Robinson earlier in the day he denied the story when reached by FOX9. "Everybody has been calling me about this," he said. "That's false. I'm trying to get in contact with my agent. I don't know what's going on."

Alcoholism is no joke guys....he needs help..so be it...it shouldn't harm his play..only improves him as a person and player by seeking help....hang onto KRob as a 4th or 5th WR and you might have a good WR by season's start!! :D:D I applaud him for making the right move if he is an alcoholic.... :D:D:D

Ditto Cap'N........here is what KRob is saying:

News and Notes

Jul 6

Jeff Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Koren Robinson's agent, Alvin Keels, confirmed Thursday, July 6, that the receiver has re-entered an alcohol rehab facility. Keels made it clear that Robinson's decision was voluntary and he has not violated the NFL's substance abuse policy. "Is Koren Robinson in rehab or at a rehab facility? Yes," said Keels, responding to a report that first broke on profootballtalk.com. "Was Koren Robinson drinking? No. Was Koren Robinson forced by the NFL or the Vikings to go? No. Most recovering alcoholics seek treatment through the years. He's just being more proactive than in the past." Keels made it clear that Robinson can leave the facility at any time and expressed disappointment that word had leaked out about his client's private decision. A Vikings spokesman said the team would have no comment on the subject. Robinson earlier in the day he denied the story when reached by FOX9. "Everybody has been calling me about this," he said. "That's false. I'm trying to get in contact with my agent. I don't know what's going on."

Alcoholism is no joke guys....he needs help..so be it...it shouldn't harm his play..only improves him as a person and player by seeking help....hang onto KRob as a 4th or 5th WR and you might have a good WR by season's start!! :D:D I applaud him for making the right move if he is an alcoholic.... :D:D:D

In that he said he wasn't drinking. Looks like spin because the article was about smoking and he never addressed that.

Sure it is good he is getting treatment, but lying and misleading are not part of treatment.

Come on KRob you can lie to us and the NFL but don't do it there.

No doubt brother. Without knowing the whole story, we should, at worst, reserve judgement and at best applaud him because he seems like he is taking care of business and taking life, his health, family and career seriously.

Edited by Duchess Jack

In that he said he wasn't drinking. Looks like spin because the article was about smoking and he never addressed that.

Sure it is good he is getting treatment, but lying and misleading are not part of treatment.

Come on KRob you can lie to us and the NFL but don't do it there.

Where does the article mention a thing about smoking?? Other than the title, there is no mention. The article in today's Star Tribune says that he just went to help him stay out of trouble because of the down time before training camp. Sounds like a positive thing to me. I'll reserve judgement until I hear more.

I loved it, when as part of his sentence for the DUI he had while with the Seahags, he had to spend a weekend in the pokey and when he showed up at the jail, he was drunk. Needless to say, he ended up staying a bit longer than the weekend.

What a goofy guy. :D

The whole MIN team is a disgrace... :D

:D

A guy checks himself into rehab and the whole team is a disgrace?

I guess since Ashley is holding out and wants a trade the whole Denver team is a bunch of crappy cry babies :D:D:D:D:D

:D

What a waste. I really looked forward to grabbing K-Rob late with a chance for him to get 1,000 yds. Is there anyone on the Vikings worth drafting now outside of Chester Taylor? I'm just not sold on Troy Williamson.

If KRob is in violation of the substance abuse policy, and suspended, the person I see that has the largest increase in value is Wiggins. I think he could be a solid TE taken very late.

Local Seattle radio just now saying he and his agent were not on the same page...

He is not going to rehab, nor is he having problems. Not sure of the source.. some play by play guy in Minn I think.