[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eli Manning

mamaboy

I havent looked at stats, but I heard on Sirius he had the LOWEST completion % of any starter. True or false? If true, how does one rank top 10 with stats like that? I understand he is a Manning and has lots of potential, but seriously, the lowest completion %?

They could have been referring to the last x amount of games or something, but I think it was season long.

He's like Michael Vick, in my opinion, you have to hope he'll become more consistent next year becaus of his elite potential. I think Eli will, he has a lot of good options in the passing game and a good O-Line. That said, their schedule is BRUTAL.

Edited by Shiver44

I see him as a top 8 or 9.. dont think he will make is to the top 5. He really slowed down last year towards the end of the season... you would think he would actually do better as he got more experience, but the opposite happened. Defences figured him out and he had a very poor 2nd half. I dont see that changing this year much.

if completion % was worth fantasy points then he gets dropped down the ladder, fact is he is a borderline tier one fantasy qb.

I have him upper tier 2, but no where near tier 1. If he throws 30 TDs, he gets tier 1, anything less then that IMO isnt tier 1.

I see him at about #6 to #7. What's not to like? He's a QB who is entering his 3rd year in a very high powered offense with some very good weapons around him. He performed well but still showed that he's on his learning curve, which he now is one more year advanced.

Top 5, if only barely. McNabb is back to lame stats due to his RB being his best WR, Bulger gets hurt, etc etc. Manning generally did well and has the upside and plenty of targets to boot.

McNabb, Brown, Smith, and Westbrook should have some descent fantasy seasons this year, McNabb has plenty of targets to have well more than "lame" stats

I think he's high based on his improvement from year 1 to 2. I think DMD expects this to be his breakout year.

Top 5 in keepers.

From the Lord of fantasy himself

"This is Manning's third season and while he elicited some snickers as a rookie, no one is laughing now but the Eli owners. The Giants schedule should be no worse than 2005 and Manning will be one year more experienced. Look for Peyton's little brother to continue to make a name for himself."

I see him as a top 8 or 9.. dont think he will make is to the top 5. He really slowed down last year towards the end of the season... you would think he would actually do better as he got more experience, but the opposite happened. Defences figured him out and he had a very poor 2nd half. I dont see that changing this year much.

You don't? I'll bet he, the coaches and even Peyton spent the whole off-season working on improving how the defenses played him. The 3rd year he should become consistent and it will be harder to defenses to confuse him.

The Giants know he and Tiki hold their future in their hands. Why do you think he won't impove much?

You don't? I'll bet he, the coaches and even Peyton spent the whole off-season working on improving how the defenses played him. The 3rd year he should become consistent and it will be harder to defenses to confuse him.

The Giants know he and Tiki hold their future in their hands. Why do you think he won't impove much?

you seem to think that eli has the same skills as Payton... he does not.. and he needs to show me something before i put him in the top 5.

With just a little pressure he started throwing pics left and right.. and from the games i remember he had some ugly passes. The first time he gets his bell rung he'll turn in to the same old Eli we saw at the end of the season.. not to mention he is playing in the toughest division in the NFL with all division rivals most likely having top 12 D's this year.

Anyhting can happen and he could possibly do well.. but i am not betting on it.

well if you look at his fantasy ppg, he scored almost exactly the same amount of points in the first 8 games as he did in the last 8

you seem to think that eli has the same skills as Payton... he does not.. and he needs to show me something before i put him in the top 5.

With just a little pressure he started throwing pics left and right.. and from the games i remember he had some ugly passes. The first time he gets his bell rung he'll turn in to the same old Eli we saw at the end of the season.. not to mention he is playing in the toughest division in the NFL with all division rivals most likely having top 12 D's this year.

Anyhting can happen and he could possibly do well.. but i am not betting on it.

I didn't say that. Peyton will always be better because he has beter players around him and is in a better passing system.

What I did say is he will improve and is working on improving. You said you don't see him improvng much. I don't agree at all.

I noticed the huddle has him ranked very high, just wondering how the rest of the huddlers have him ranked, I have him around 7

That sounds about right to me. I would still draft the more consistent and proven QBs ahead of Eil:

Peyton, Brady, Hasselbeck, Palmer (if healthy), McNabb, and Bulger

Green and Farve are in decline and I don't see that changing. Culpepper was on his way to being the biggest bust of the 2005 fantasy season long before he injured his knee. The rest of the QBs out there that are considered possible FFL starters this year are just as inconsistent as Eli and are veterans that lack his upside.

That's not to say that I don't think Eli has the potential to eclipse at least half of the six QBs I mentioned. Obviously he does, and aside from his own development, I think the addition of Senorice Moss alone will add a few more scores to his season total. I'd just like to see him go out and earn that Top Five ranking before it's handed it to him based on potential just like Palmer had to do.

Having said that, I have Eli as my QB in my keeper league, so I would love nothing more than to see DMD's prediction come true.

This is how I see the top seven

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Matt Hasselbeck

Marc Bulger

D. McNabb

Trent Green

Eli Manning

I have my list almost similar to yours.....except I don't have Hass in my top 5 or Trent Green.....plus I have to knock Bulger behind Eli because of injuries....even if they were fluke...he does have bad luck....

I have him 3rd behind Brady and McNabb right behind him.....and Bulger right behind him...

but most people don't have McNabb in their top 5 and Bulger right there either...at least from what I've seen...

EDIT: I left out Palmer.....I have to put him ahead of Eli if he starts the season.....if it was his arm, I'd knock him down....but I have him 3rd and Eli 4th...so my list is actually looking alot different now... :D

1. PM

2. Brady

3. Palmer

4. EM

5. McNabb

6. Bulger

7. Delhomme

8. Brooks

9. Warner

10. Bledsoe

Edited by Avernus

I have my list almost similar to yours.....except I don't have Hass in my top 5 or Trent Green.....plus I have to knock Bulger behind Eli because of injuries....even if they were fluke...he does have bad luck....

I have him 3rd behind Brady and McNabb right behind him.....and Bulger right behind him...

but most people don't have McNabb in their top 5 and Bulger right there either...at least from what I've seen...

Maybe not, but I do. I believe Donovan has a lot to prove this year. I think he'll run more too.

Trent Green I have at 9 or 10 and is a bargain in most drafts. I don't see him declining yet. Maybe next year. He is my #2 in 2 leagues.