[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Training Camp/Preseason Wishlist

kpholmes

Was talking with a buddy about what I'd like to see happen for the Raiders during training camp and the preseason games, and would love to hear what everyone else hopes for concerning their team.

However for the Raiders I would love to see:

1. Everyone stay healthy

2. Andrew Walter out perform Aaron Brooks and win the starting job

3. A unified, penalty-proof, punishing offensive line

4. Some young talent show itself on the defensive line (Sapp and Burggess won't be around forever)

5. The new youth (Huff and Howard) win starting roles at SS and SLB

Edited by kpholmes

I think health, except specific situations of guys returning from injuries or having chronic problems, would be #1 on any team's list, so I am going to choose to treat it as a given.

For the Seahawks, this is almost uncharted territory. I can't remember ever going into a season without pressing needs or glaring holes. In their case, they have so many returning players that I think staying healthy is 90% of the goal through the preaseason. They simply wanna get this season cranked up and get back. That said, here are a few things that would be nice--

1. Get Burleson going--He has shown the ability in the past to make some huge plays by taking hitches and slants to the house, which is the one thing this offense hasn't had the past few years. How quickly can he find his niche in the west coast offense, and gain the trust of Hass and Holmgren?

2. Throw Kelly Jennings into the fire--Herndon and Babineaux are both very good nickel corners, but neither one could survive alone on an island (espeically 31). Jennings' biggest strength is supposed to be his press coverage in a man, but can he handle fullbacks and big running backs coming at him?? If he can cover as advertised and be at least suffecient in run defense, he could be a HUGE piece to this young Seahawks D.

3. Find some freaking kick/punt returners!!!!! P-Dub is supposedly finally going to do the job he came here to do, which is return punts, so I'll stay cautiously optomistic on that one for now. However, we need to find someone who can return a kick past the 18. Rumor has it that Seneca Wallace is by far the best athlete out there, and I guess is just smooth as heck when returning in practice---but David Greene hasn't progressed to the point where the Seahawks feel comfortable letting their #2 QB play any other position.

4. Can Tapp push Grant Wistrom??--I thought Grant Wistrom was going to be a lot better player than he turned out to be. I think Bryce Fisher is twice the Grant Wistrom that Grant Wistrom is. If Tapp can come on with some explosion off the end, he could add more excitement and playmaking ability, which often turns into timely sacks or even turnovers.

5. O-Line---I have no doubts about Pork Chop, he's been just fine wherever he plays on the line, so playing between Tobeck and Big Walt will be simple. I would very much however like to see Chris Spencer get involved. He was our first round pick last year and was supposed to be able to play center or guard. Well, we just had a guard opening and he was pretty much an afterthought. By now, he should be better than Chris Gray at the other guard. Are they just going to wait until Tobeck retires before they play a #1 pick??

Edited by Seahawks21

#1-Stay Healthy

#2-Stay Grounded

#3-The O line could be phenomenal-like to see this unit jell quickly.

#4- RBBC with Foster and Williams-this could be a dynamic duo.

There is no secret that Carolina is a contender, but they need to learn to play as such, as they tend to play better as the underdog or off the radar. This has to be put to bed, they built one of the elite franchises in the game today, just play Panther football and roll with it.

1. I'm going out on a limb with #1: STAY HEALTHY. Always tops in the NFL.

2. Let's see Eli take another step, this year will tell a lot about what we have in him. I think he can lead us to the promised land, the Denver game convinced me. I'm more patient and realistic than some.

3. LaVar Arrington: hopefully the knee holds up and he does better in our system. Sounds like we're going to let him do his thing instead of stifling him as Washington did.

4. Hopefully we really did improve the secondary. Can't be any worse than last year.

5. I'd love to see Sinorice Moss make an impact as a rookie. The little guy giving us a few clutch TDs would really add some excitement.

6. Plaxico: Remove head from ass. Show some veteran leadership.

7. Tiki: Can I get just one more career season? 2400 total yards, 20+ TDs, Super Bowl MVP? Not asking a lot... :D

Hey, it is a wishlist after all....

Go Big Blue!!!!

6. Plaxico: Remove head from ass. Show some veteran leadership.

7. Tiki: Can I get just one more career season? 2400 total yards, 20+ TDs, Super Bowl MVP? Not asking a lot... :D

Hey, it is a wishlist after all....

Go Big Blue!!!!

Mine, have the Packers show up and give Favre a nice last season.

As for Tiki he and his twin brother have defied the odds for quite awhile. His first 5 years he didn't play much so 2-3 years may be possible.

1. Healthy, specifically the againg offensive line

2. Smooth transition into new HC, OC, new defensive scheme

3. IMPROVE DEFENSE

4. Like to see Sammy Parker come into his own. Kennison isn't going to last too much longer and someone has to step up. I think he has a lot of potential. (of course I thought this guy did too, so who knows)

5. LJ prove he can handle the load for 19 games in a season :D

Eagles:

1. Everyone healthy (duh.)

2. Ronnie Brown to step up as the #1 WR

3. Gaffney to step up as the solid #2 WR

4. Westbrook being a true threat catching and running the ball

5. McNabb looking better than ever

6. The D line looking like a cohesive unit.

Eagles:

1. Everyone healthy (duh.)

2. Ronnie Brown to step up as the #1 WR

3. Gaffney to step up as the solid #2 WR

4. Westbrook being a true threat catching and running the ball

5. McNabb looking better than ever

6. The D line looking like a cohesive unit.

Golly. If only Ronnie Brown was a #1 Wide reciever along with being a top 10 RB. :D

For the Vikings, I'm hoping for Udeze and Erasmus James to do some big things. Both haven't lived up to their first round status, but both show tons of potential here and there. Getting a good pass rush with the front four is huge in this Cover-2 scheme, these youngsters are really important to the Vikings success this season. So I hppe they're healthy and ready to take some double-teams off Kevin Williams.