[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rank the Division

BigMikeinNY

The 9ers and Saints aren't that good. The Falcons just can't seem to get it together, despite having coach and player continuity for the past few years, and frankly Mora's juvenile behavior at the end of last year has me questioning how he handles pressure (the apple didnt fall far). The Bucs are good and solid but they are already at best a wild card at best because of Carolina. Are the Rams better than the Lions? I honestly don't think so this year.

So yeah, the NFC north is the second best division in that conference: the Bears don't appear as strong as the Hawks or Panthers, but I've got more faith in theVikes, Pack and Detroit than the other teams I listed above.

(and the Cards have't been .500 in YEARS)

Chances are very good both WC teams come from the NFC east this year.

The 9ers and Saints aren't that good. The Falcons just can't seem to get it together, despite having coach and player continuity for the past few years, and frankly Mora's juvenile behavior at the end of last year has me questioning how he handles pressure (the apple didnt fall far). The Bucs are good and solid but they are already at best a wild card at best because of Carolina. Are the Rams better than the Lions? I honestly don't think so this year.

I don't disagree with anything you're saying except your over-evaluation of the NFC North. The Packers and the Lions are two of the 5-to-7 worst teams in the NFL right now. The changes they made in the off-season simply didn't go far enough in addressing the problems with each franchise.

Chances are very good both WC teams come from the NFC east this year.

That's a tough scenario to accomplish. One that hasn't happened since the re-alignment.

That's a tough scenario to accomplish. One that hasn't happened since the re-alignment.

First time for everything, and it's not too hard to see Dallas, NYG, Washington AND Philly all vying for a playoff spot at the end.

As far as realignment, wait until an 8-8 division winner makes it over a 10-6 team that coudln't make the wild card. It's only a matter of time in this alignment.

First time for everything, and it's not too hard to see Dallas, NYG, Washington AND Philly all vying for a playoff spot at the end.

I'm not a big Philly supporter this season. I see the Cowboys, Giants and maybe the Redskins fighting for the playoffs. Take a look at the Eagles schedule down the stretch:

Week 12 @ Colts

Week 13 Panthers

Week 14 @ Redskins

Week 15 @ Giants

Week 16 @ Cowboys

Week 17 Falcons

They had better have a darn good record before coming down this home stretch...that's a tough way to finish the season.

The Falcons just can't seem to get it together, despite having coach and player continuity for the past few years

If the "past few years" means 2 seasons with the came Coaching staff, you're spot on.

Of course, for this season, Atlanta has lost their O'line Coach, Jeff Jagodzinski, to Green Bay.

Player continuity is debatable.

2004 starting WR's were Price, Finneran & Dez White #3.

2005 starting WR's were Jenkins, Roddy White (rookie) & Finneran #3.

Last season the Falcons lost starting LB's Matt Stewart & Chris Draft, while Edgerton Hartwell was added, but only played 5 games before being lost for the season.

Key DB Kevin Mathis was lost 1st game of the season and SS Cory Hall was lost to FA.

Other than that, the Falcons have indeed enjoyed "a few years of continuity". :D

• 6 months later...

1st Bears(defense carries them)

2nd Packers(Favre will find a way)

3rd Vikings( not a BJohnson fan and although I like CTaylor still not sure team can win)

4th Lions(new system new QB could mean big things still needs transition time)

:D:clap::bash::D We have a winner.

I'm not a big Philly supporter this season. I see the Cowboys, Giants and maybe the Redskins fighting for the playoffs. Take a look at the Eagles schedule down the stretch:

Week 12 @ Colts

Week 13 Panthers

Week 14 @ Redskins

Week 15 @ Giants

Week 16 @ Cowboys

Week 17 Falcons

They had better have a darn good record before coming down this home stretch...that's a tough way to finish the season.

Check out this nugget!

Reminds me of the NFL Network commercials....."Get your story straight!" :D

And Pope, I apologize.... :D

Edited by godtomsatan

Check out this nugget!

Reminds me of the NFL Network commercials....."Get your story straight!" :D

And Pope, I apologize.... :D

I think it's interesting to look back. How many people really thought the Saints, Jets or Titans would do as well as they did? There were some threads about who was the worst team and the Titans and Jets were the fevorites.

There are so many variables that determine success. And luck too.