[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mock Drafts

msaint

Just did an ESPN 12 team draft and it was a joke. Half the teams were on auto, one idiot went Bush-McAllister in the 1st and 2nd, and the teams that had a clue ended up with all star teams. My WRs were Holt, Wayne, Driver, Branch.

Just did an ESPN 12 team draft and it was a joke. Half the teams were on auto, one idiot went Bush-McAllister in the 1st and 2nd, and the teams that had a clue ended up with all star teams. My WRs were Holt, Wayne, Driver, Branch.

Most of mine have had pretty solid drafters. Bound to be some occaisonal clowns, though, being public and all.

I haven't tried one yet but was wondering if I could specify the slot in which I drafted? I'm # 8 in a 10 team league and want to mock from that spot.

Not ones I have done. Antsports does it that way, but theirs are slow drafts. MFL probably does too.

I've now done a few on ESPN and it seems that these guys are doing the mocks for the wakawaka of it. They're rushing people to make picks because "I know who I want next". I can't take in what is happening when 16 Rounds lasts 30 minutes. but I'm a slow. Thank goodness for the email that follows with the results.

Today a guy took LJ with the first overall pick, followed it up with Santonio Holmes at 2.12 and Vince Young at 3.1. I've yet to see one where everyone sticks around past the 5th round. Bunch of idiots. Someone took the Bears D in the 6th, I said something about it and 3 guys defended the pick. I've been doing these drafts just to test out VBD apps and they are almost useless even for that.

Just did one. It does get a little of the draft day jitters going! 3rd pick in 10 man (start 1QB, 1RB, 1RB/WR, 2WR, 1TE, 1 D, 1 K) ended up:

QB: EManning, Bulger

RB: Alexander, JJones, DRhodes, MBarber, CFason

WR: Holt, DJax, Driver, TGlenn, BEdwards, LColes

TE: HMiller

D: Car

K: Elam

Other thans some clown taking Reggie Bush in the second round, it seemed like most teams were fairly knowledgable...

Good fun. I'll be doing this a bunch of times before my drafts!

ESPN has Bush ranked wayyyyy high....I can think of several RBs I'd rather have as a #2 over Reggie (Droughns, Dillon, Jamal, TJones, KJones....)

ESPN has Bush ranked wayyyyy high....I can think of several RBs I'd rather have as a #2 over Reggie (Droughns, Dillon, Jamal, TJones, KJones....)

In my keeper league I know someone is going to take him in the 1st. That someone will not be me.

I think he's a very intriguing player, but if you're drafting to win a title THIS YEAR, taking him in the second round means you're passing over a lot of proven NFL talent and is kind of foolish IMO. Given his size and the way he runs, I see him having durability issues.

Agreed... they have him as the 20th player off the board right now. That really bites when you try to do a mock and one or a couple of the teams are on auto-pick and they take him that early. In a Keeper league maybe he goes in the 2nd round, but not in a standard Redraft league.

Still it's fun to get in on these mocks!!! :D

edit to add: I was in one mock where some dude took Vick in the 2nd round! :D

Edited by Savage Beatings

Just did my first and maybe my last on ESPN. One guy took all Colts.....(I mean Dallas Clark in rd 5 and Indy D in rd.6????) :D

I wish I could get in a money league with some of these dbags. My 4 RBs were Edge,McGahee,K.Jones and Reuben D!!! I'll take that!

also....I don't like that you can't pick your draft position. :D

Edited by cheezhed

I attempted to do one of the ESPN mocks last night and was unfortunate enough to get involved with a whole freakin family. Well 2 of them were either late to the draft or kept getting thrown off line. So I guess they all had a private discussion and they all ended up leaving me drafting alone. So I just left too. Sucked big time one by one kept exiting the draft room and not returning.