[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official Mock #4

DMD

Kevin did such a nice job I figured I'd give it a shot... projected starter in BOLD

Manning, Eli NYG QB - 4

Favre, Brett GBP QB - 6

Got last tier one QB at 5.1, and Favre as backup at 12.10. Eli should have a solid year, thought about Palmer but I'm still not sure on his health. Though about Plummer as back up but had same bye week and Warner has too many health questions. Ended up waiting and getting Favre for his farewell tour? Grade A

Johnson, Larry KCC RB - 3

Bell, Tatum DEN RB - 4

Lewis, Jamal BAL RB - 7

Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB - 9

Houston, Cedric NYJ RB - 9

At 1.1 LJ has the most upside. Waited two rounds to get #2 back in Lewis, debated on Bell and was happy to still find him at 3 rounds later (either I was too high on him or I know something :D ). Should be able to plug one of the two in to get good points. Took a flyer on Williams in 9th as someone is going to produce at Carolina and no Carolina RB has lead the team in rushing two years in a row for a long time. Foster lead last year so the stats are pointing to Williams. Tried to get Dayne to lock up Denver backs but missed out on him by one pick. Picked up Houston late as he maybe C-Marts replacement. Grade A (hard to rate lower with LJ there)

Bennett, Drew TEN WR - 7

Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR - 9

Edwards, Braylon CLE WR - 6

Johnson, Keyshawn CAR WR - 9

Moss, Randy OAK WR - 3

Wilford, Ernest JAC WR - 6

Tier one WR with Moss, if he is healthy as he claims (he's drinking all that healthy juice now!) could team up with Brooks for Viking like stats. Tier 1 and 2 backs were gone and a WR run was starting. Hated to follow a run but still found value with Randy. Waited a little long to get Coles and Keyshawn as 2nd and 3rd receivers but was looking for value in other positions and WR is always a deep position. With PPR both should do well. Hoping Bennett will have a great season hooking back up with Volek (sans 2004). Wilford and Edwards have good upside and both could become #1 receivers on their teams. Should be able to get 3 productive starters out of the 6. Grade B with exception of Moss may have to manage wr corps every week but this typically my MO in my money league.

Gates, Antonio SDC TE - 3

Grabbed top TE in 3rd as was looking for a difference maker, could have gone WR but really wanted Gates points versus other TE's Grade A

Vinatieri, Adam IND PK - 6

Top rated kicker who is now kicking at least half his games indoors! What's not to like. Didn't feel 11th round was too early to get him. Grade A

Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def - 5

ST/D are a crap shoot every year. Usually draft one late with an early bye and pick up a hot FA if needed. Grade B

Overall I have a top tier QB, RB,WR,TE,and K. This was my plan going in and having the swing pick really gives you a great opportunity to do this. Was able to grab two of the best fantasy players from last year in LJ and Gates and then just build around them. My WR's are the key to this team if they produce and I can get one of my RB's to step up I feel this is a team to be feared. Overall Grade A

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everybody usually loves their own draft! :D

i find it hard to be objective because many of the players i draft, i draft because my own opinion has them breaking out this season ... or i think they should do well because of the position they are in. said another way, since you picked them, you, by definition like them, which means that generally you like your entire lineup. plus, in a 10-team league, it is hard to not feel strongly about your team because the teams are overall much stronger than a 12-team or larger league.

so many factors come into play once the season starts that could swing things to any of the teams. the key is to put yourself in the position to compete vs. making boneheaded moves or by reaching too much. i commend everyone in this draft as there were no picks that really set me back in confusion.

players that were not drafted are interesting and i think it largely speaks to the depth of each position. with guys like mcnair, brees, big ben, carr, etc. still out there, it is easy to see that there is much depth at the QB position. i also think TE is quite deep this year. i think even gates is somewhat of a question mark given he has a new quarterback to work with.

overall, i think all the owners did a great job! :D

everybody usually loves their own draft! :D

i find it hard to be objective because many of the players i draft, i draft because my own opinion has them breaking out this season ... or i think they should do well because of the position they are in. said another way, since you picked them, you, by definition like them, which means that generally you like your entire lineup. plus, in a 10-team league, it is hard to not feel strongly about your team because the teams are overall much stronger than a 12-team or larger league.

I do mock drafts only to get an idea of how things will go in a real draft. There is no way I (or any of us really) can get too wrapped up in the results of such a mock draft. For instance, there is no way in hell I would draft Rudi Johnson without backing him up with Chris Perry. And by waiting on Perry in this draft, I found out approximately where I would need to draft him to make sure I got him. I did this by letting someone else draft him.

Mocks are great practice to try out your theories and strategies, but I don't get too wrapped up in the final results, good or bad.

Cause in the middle of July, before training camp, and drafting with NOTHING on the line, it just doesn't mean all that much!!

Edited by rattsass

I do mock drafts only to get an idea of how things will go in a real draft. There is no way I (or any of us really) can get too wrapped up in the results of such a mock draft.

I got an A+ :D:D, I got an A+ :D:D DMD thought my team rocked :D

Couldn't resist :D:D:D

You are right about mocks as a lot of times you are looking to see what you can get and when you can get it.

Still it is fun when you have a plan and it comes together :D

I liked my draft and got the players I wanted....

it's good when DMD gives me around a B....every year that I do mocks and he gives me this kind of grade, it ends up working out for me in the real mock...

LJ Smith and Delhomme were great value picks where I got them and I waited on those positions because it was a 10 team mock and knew I was either going to have Brooks or Delhomme as my starter and LJ Smith as my TE along with what I think is a strong backfield and WR corps....

LJ Smith and Delhomme were great value picks where I got them and I waited on those positions because it was a 10 team mock and knew I was either going to have Brooks or Delhomme as my starter and LJ Smith as my TE along with what I think is a strong backfield and WR corps....

agree. i like both of those picks. i think delhomme has a great shot at being a top 5 QB this season ...