[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

define a newbie

cdj7k

i knowi am :D to do this. but what the heckit is a slow day. i have been reading the posts as usual and just coming across the normal razzing of new posters and a thought came to my mind.

is a newbie someone who just joined or someone who hasnt posted much? :D

i have less than a hundred posts, that is considered a newbie. no problem. BUT i have been a member since 2004, not a long time, but longer than guys who have many posts, but dont consider themselves a newbie. the advice on this site is to sit back and learn before you jump in. good advice that i dont need to be told, but glad that is the idea. so if you take the advice and sit back and learn awhile and dont post much, you always look like a new guy. and if you are like me and dont post for the sake of posting and saying i agree with what has already been said, you are not going to have alot of posts. for awhile at least.

i think it is kind of like getting older, it doesnt mean u are getting wiser, it doesnt mean you have common sense, it doesnt mean a thing. it depends on how you have used your time, brains, etc. i know a lot of young guys who are a helluva lot smarter than older guys and visa versa.

there you go, i threw it the softball, just WHO is a newbie? :D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, newbies come in all shapes and sizes really... the main thing is to learn what a newbie tool is, and then avoid becoming one at all costs.

I was fuggin black balled in 03!!!!! I didn't deserve it!!! People just hated that I was right about the Panthers that year!!!! I just defended myself!!!!!

Ok-that is an example of me in 03 and they NTOY me'ed.

I did bring some good insight and topics, but the vets knew I would not back down from a confrontation, didn't start any, but I was the easiest fish to catch in 03-hence, I deserved the award(GOD, I hate to admit that)-Peace PD.

and this is not a thread for the ones who have felt mistreated. dont come on here posting thinking i am sympathetic to your stupid thoughts you have posted that got slammed. this is just my simple, killing time thought, not for you to think this is some kind of attack of these guys, it isnt. they are usually very justified in their comments, but not if they attack me in this post :D then they are wrong in this instance.

Most everybody.

I think I've witnessed just about everyone getting called a newbie at one point or another.

ETA: Except for me. Check it Big John.

Edited by thecerwin

You're only a newbie if you say stupid stuff.

If you post some what intelligent topics and comments and you're fairly new, most people will leave you alone. Some might even compliment you.

Just try to contribute to the discussions, and don't be a weetawd.

I was fuggin black balled in 03!!!!! I didn't deserve it!!! People just hated that I was right about the Panthers that year!!!! I just defended myself!!!!!

Ok-that is an example of me in 03 and they NTOY me'ed.

I did bring some good insight and topics, but the vets knew I would not back down from a confrontation, didn't start any, but I was the easiest fish to catch in 03-hence, I deserved the award(GOD, I hate to admit that)-Peace PD.

im still amazed that i didnt get that award at some point. :D

i knowi am :D to do this. but what the heckit is a slow day. i have been reading the posts as usual and just coming across the normal razzing of new posters and a thought came to my mind.

is a newbie someone who just joined or someone who hasnt posted much? :D

i have less than a hundred posts, that is considered a newbie. no problem. BUT i have been a member since 2004, not a long time, but longer than guys who have many posts, but dont consider themselves a newbie. the advice on this site is to sit back and learn before you jump in. good advice that i dont need to be told, but glad that is the idea. so if you take the advice and sit back and learn awhile and dont post much, you always look like a new guy. and if you are like me and dont post for the sake of posting and saying i agree with what has already been said, you are not going to have alot of posts. for awhile at least.

i think it is kind of like getting older, it doesnt mean u are getting wiser, it doesnt mean you have common sense, it doesnt mean a thing. it depends on how you have used your time, brains, etc. i know a lot of young guys who are a helluva lot smarter than older guys and visa versa.

there you go, i threw it the softball, just WHO is a newbie? :D

I see two types of newbies - Newbies to the board and newbies to the game of FFLs.

Newbie to the board just means they have not joined in the posting at a forum until recently. Key words are "posting at a forum". You can just read forums like this without every registering. You have to register to post. Some people read for a while before they register and post ( lurking). They may have player in FFLs for years, just never found this site. I do not think how many post you have means a thing. From my 13 years on forums of one type or another, most posters with the large number of post are not the people i'd ask questions of and therefore the number of post a person has means nothing to me. I see too many who post in almost every thread and have yet to make an intelligent one. I've seen a Newbie very first post be quite profound. He may have playered in leagues for years and just found ( or was referred to ) this site yesterday.

Type two is newbie to Fantasy Footbal leagues (FFLs) and forums. Hopefully they are here to learn about both and to have fun. Hopefully they will be treated better than what I see so often. They should be helped not belittled by the large number posters who have never posted anything worthwhile anyway. We would be better off keeping the newbies and getting rid of the Oafs on here.

I do not think time on here means anything, except your been registered here a long time. Some people never progress and are newbies for practical proposes for years. Others learn and I would not call them a newbie after 2 or 3 months.