[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ever draft your FAVE over the best player available?

Raider.Nation

Do you guys ever go into a draft, whether it be redraft or dynasty either way, knowing that you will let the best player available at that spot go, to draft a guy you love watching?!? In the past I've always stuck to a "gameplan", and picked the best player available at whatever position I was targeting that round. But this year in a new dynasty league I'm in with some local buddies of mine, I chose to go with some of may favorite players over top talent. And I've never been more excited about cheering for my "middle of the road" team in that league. Of all the leagues I'm playing in this year, (also one of the cheapest and least paying) I will be watching this one the most and paying the most attention to it. Solely based on the fact that I chose those players... Just wondering if I'm alone, and I just wasted $50, or was it worth it. To go back to the roots of being a normal fan and cheering for your favorite players rather than your run of the mill fantasy team??!?

CJ, Holt, Roy Williams, Lamont Jordan, Peppers, Osi, Urlacher, Coleman all some of my favorites... Can't wait for this season to cheer these boys on!

i know a couple of guys in two of my locals who seem to always draft that way. their draft makes no sense. you cant ever plan what they are going to do. but last year one of those guys won the championship.

here is a classic from draft day of that guy. picks his defense in the 8th round. calls out NY def. we say which one. he says it dont matter, ah, i'll take the giants. goof ball not prepared, just out on a sunday drive. but had enough of his guys come through to win it at the end.

not all his picks are favorites, but i think most are. he has fun

if it works i will draft a guy i like over someone else. but i am a fan of the nfl and dont have a team, so it makes it a little easier.

A few years ago I had the first pick and I took Portis over PHolmes because I'm a huge Broncos fan and really hate the Cheifs. Needless to say, that was the year Holmes had like 28 TD's. I agree if the league doesn't cost too much, it's more fun to watch your favorite players.

I hate all the NFL teams equally and have no favorites. My league is way to pricey to own any "favorites" even if i did have any.

You know your a fantasy football addict when the actual NFL games mean NOTHING to you. I could give a rats ass who wins what and why, all i care about is my team, and thats it !

Once the NFL playoffs start and my season is done, i will cheer for the underdogs or teams i hate the least, but for the most part if its not my team i feel no need to care.

And people say fantasy football isn't evil............

I hate all the NFL teams equally and have no favorites. My league is way to pricey to own any "favorites" even if i did have any.

You know your a fantasy football addict when the actual NFL games mean NOTHING to you. I could give a rats ass who wins what and why, all i care about is my team, and thats it !

Once the NFL playoffs start and my season is done, i will cheer for the underdogs or teams i hate the least, but for the most part if its not my team i feel no need to care.

What a sad existance... FF is great. But the game of football and everything that makes the NFL such a great league to cheer for, is what brought me into FF in the first place. Really hope I never get to that stage. Sound like some sort of slot junkie waiting for your next September fix! :D

Do you guys ever go into a draft, whether it be redraft or dynasty either way, knowing that you will let the best player available at that spot go, to draft a guy you love watching?!? In the past I've always stuck to a "gameplan", and picked the best player available at whatever position I was targeting that round. But this year in a new dynasty league I'm in with some local buddies of mine, I chose to go with some of may favorite players over top talent. And I've never been more excited about cheering for my "middle of the road" team in that league. Of all the leagues I'm playing in this year, (also one of the cheapest and least paying) I will be watching this one the most and paying the most attention to it. Solely based on the fact that I chose those players... Just wondering if I'm alone, and I just wasted $50, or was it worth it. To go back to the roots of being a normal fan and cheering for your favorite players rather than your run of the mill fantasy team??!?

CJ, Holt, Roy Williams, Lamont Jordan, Peppers, Osi, Urlacher, Coleman all some of my favorites... Can't wait for this season to cheer these boys on!

short answer-never

He's from Wisconsin looking down the barrel of another 30 year hiatus, how else is he gonna feel?