[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ahmad Brooks

loyalboyd

Link

http://www.nfl.com/home

Bengals take Brooks in supplemental draft

(July 13, 2006) -- Linebacker Ahmad Brooks, who starred at Virginia for three seasons but was kicked off the team by coach Al Groh, was selected by the Cincinnati Bengals in the third round of the NFL's supplemental draft.

Brooks, a first-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference linebacker as a sophomore, was also a finalist for the Butkus Award given to the nation's top linebacker in 2004.

But he played only six games last season because of injury, then was dropped by the team just before spring practice this year. He subsequently applied for the draft.

Groh, the former head coach of the New York Jets and a longtime NFL assistant, did not specify the reason for the dismissal.

Six other players who applied for the supplemental draft were not chosen.

The Bengals, who used the 22nd pick of the third round to take Brooks, forfeit their third-round choice in the 2007 draft.

It stated today on sirius that the drug test he failed was due to pot. I think that had been the speculation, but I believe today was the first time he admitted to it.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I stated today on sirius that the drug test he failed was due to pot. I think that had been the speculation, but I believe today was the first time he admitted to it.

I have not heard definitively why he was suspended - whether it was testing positively for pot or whether he missed a test. Where are you getting information that it was a test he took & failed?

I have not heard definitively why he was suspended - whether it was testing positively for pot or whether he missed a test. Where are you getting information that it was a test he took & failed?

According to "Cowbell Thursday" He failed a drug test, and Ahmad admitted on the radio that it was due to smoking pot.

According to "Cowbell Thursday" He failed a drug test, and Ahmad admitted on the radio that it was due to smoking pot.

I missed Cowbell Thursday today. Anything else happen on Cowbell Thursday. Oh and where can I get a cheap Cowbell for the house. Have they stated selling them on Sirius I know they had been thinking about it.

I missed Cowbell Thursday today. Anything else happen on Cowbell Thursday. Oh and where can I get a cheap Cowbell for the house. Have they stated selling them on Sirius I know they had been thinking about it.

Don't know about getting the bell. I only caught about 15 minutes of the show myself, and they were talking about and to Brooks the entire time I was listening. They were calling the sexyles the Raiders of the midwest.

This is just bizarre. I'm going to assume they had knowledge of Thurman's possible suspension before the draft, and they wanted an insurance policy for the MLB position.

So...they draft two more guys with questionable character to replace their guy with questionable character? It's just weird, since they all play the same position. :D

Holy crap, they're going to have to change the Bengal stripes to pin stripes.

Maybe they're trying to emulate the 90s Cowboys & figure that leading the league in felons equates to SB appearances.

Heh.

We've been looking for a LB for years like THIS guy.

Between Brooks,Nicholson,and Thurman,we'll strike gold eventually. :D

Heh.

We've been looking for a LB for years like THIS guy.

Between Brooks,Nicholson,and Thurman,we'll strike gold eventually. :D

True statement. Because Nicholson and Brooks where 1st round/ 2nd round talent with BAD character. Sometimes its worth the game.

Holy crap, they're going to have to change the Bengal stripes to pin stripes.

Maybe they're trying to emulate the 90s Cowboys & figure that leading the league in felons equates to SB appearances.

Difference is the Cowboys lead the league in SB appearances, and the Bengals have yet to be there this decade.

True statement. Because Nicholson and Brooks where 1st round/ 2nd round talent with BAD character. Sometimes its worth the game.

Jimmy Williaqms dropped for the same reason. 6'2, physical, fast; top talent CB wise dropped to the 2nd round. He and Hall, if they can get his $hit together, could be a top tandem.