[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 15 IDPs

1 LB Keith Bulluck, TEN

2 LB Jonathan Vilma, NYJ

3 LB Lofa Tatupu, SEA

4 LB Antonio Pierce, NYG

5 LB Brian Urlacher, CHI

6 LB Mike Peterson, JAX

7 LB Odell Thurman, CIN

8 LB Will Witherspoon, STL

9 DB Troy Polamalu, PIT

10 DB Adrian Wilson, ARI

11 LB Nick Barnett, GB

12 LB Lance Briggs, CHI

13 LB Ray Lewis, BAL

14 LB London Fletcher, BUF

15 DL Julius Peppers, CAR

16 AJ Hawk GB

1 LB Keith Bulluck, TEN

2 LB Jonathan Vilma, NYJ

3 LB Lofa Tatupu, SEA

4 LB Antonio Pierce, NYG

5 LB Brian Urlacher, CHI

6 LB Mike Peterson, JAX

7 LB Odell Thurman, CIN

8 LB Will Witherspoon, STL

9 DB Troy Polamalu, PIT

10 DB Adrian Wilson, ARI

11 LB Nick Barnett, GB

12 LB Lance Briggs, CHI

13 LB Ray Lewis, BAL

14 LB London Fletcher, BUF

15 DL Julius Peppers, CAR

16 AJ Hawk GB

Good list, but I suppose it's a matter of taste. Mine would be:

1. Vilma

2. Bulluck

3. Tatupu

4. Urlacher

5. Pierce

6. Thurman

7. Peterson

8. Wilson

9. Witherspoon

10. Polamalu

11. Lewis

12. Barnett

13. Briggs

14. Peppers

15. Fletcher

in any format i beleive Vilma has got to be #1

They are moving to a 3-4 where he has 1 fewer lineman keeping blockers off him and 1 more LB to share with. I don't believe in all formats he is #1. It is up for debate.

considering Thurman will miss 4 games, no way he is a top 10 LB this next season.

Vilma will have an OL to deal with on virtually every running play, as opposed to roaming free in years past. Not only this but there will be another ILB taking away tackles, where that was also not the case in years past. I could see Vilma plummet to #6 or 7 easily if this defense scheme is changed the whole season.

considering Thurman will miss 4 games, no way he is a top 10 LB this next season.

Vilma will have an OL to deal with on virtually every running play, as opposed to roaming free in years past. Not only this but there will be another ILB taking away tackles, where that was also not the case in years past. I could see Vilma plummet to #6 or 7 easily if this defense scheme is changed the whole season.

If you have Thurman you better handicap him with Landon Johnson, or is that Brandon.

If you have Thurman you better handicap him with Landon Johnson, or is that Brandon.

Conflicting reports :D

Published Wed Jul 19 9:40:00 a.m. ET 2006

(Rotoworld) Bengals LB Brian Simmons' agent confirms the veteran is ready to move back to middle linebacker while Odell Thurman is suspended.

Impact: It appears Landon Johnson will move to the weak-side in the interim. Simmons, who may be in his final season with the Bengals, will move back to his original spot once Thurman is cleared to play.

Last week on KFFL

Bengals | Pollack figures to start at strongside linebacker

Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:35:35 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals LB David Pollack figures to start at strongside linebacker after LB Odell Thurman was suspended for four games for violating the substance abuse policy. LB Brian Simmons will again start at weakside linebacker.

Conflicting reports :D

Published Wed Jul 19 9:40:00 a.m. ET 2006

(Rotoworld) Bengals LB Brian Simmons' agent confirms the veteran is ready to move back to middle linebacker while Odell Thurman is suspended.

Impact: It appears Landon Johnson will move to the weak-side in the interim. Simmons, who may be in his final season with the Bengals, will move back to his original spot once Thurman is cleared to play.

Last week on KFFL

Bengals | Pollack figures to start at strongside linebacker

Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:35:35 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals LB David Pollack figures to start at strongside linebacker after LB Odell Thurman was suspended for four games for violating the substance abuse policy. LB Brian Simmons will again start at weakside linebacker.

Still, better the weak side than the strong.

Are we reasy to put Edwards out to pasture?

I'd definitely drop him a few notches for a dynasty league, but off the top 15 altogether?? That's harsh. He was so clutch for me last year, very, very consistent LB. I know Merriman is getting all the hype but Donnie was consistently outscoring him last season.

The suspension is now official. That's why I included Hawk at 16. I'm optimistic.

shark bites

With Bengals LB Odell Thurman's 4-game

suspension it looks like Brian Simmons will move from

the weak side to the middle. Simmons played there

years ago when Takeo Spikes was on the weak side

and played at a Pro Bowl level. From 2001-2002

Simmons collected 9.5 sacks, 2 INTs, 2 forced

fumbles, and a TD out of the middle. Landon Johnson

will play the weak side and David Pollack will

play the strong side.

• 2 weeks later...

Palamalu is overrated. To my mind there is one LB missing on your lists. I'm not at liberty to divulge my honest opinion at this time, because one of my opponents is furiously scouring these boards. :D

Can't have that. :D