[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GBs RB situation

peepinmofo

I have drafted Gado in a few leagues Im in based on his performance last year, and Greens health this year...STILL.

I know some RBs play very well covering for injury (think Carolina a couple years ago...) but I liked Gado last year. Will it be him or Green for the majority of the year? Whats the dealio?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see anyone having a clear-advantage as of right now; Noah Herron looked best in minicamp, but that's minicamp and he also lacks the speed to really be a top back.

IMO Green is done. He looked subpar before the injury, going back to mid-04; Davenport has ability but can't stay healthy; really, I think even if Gado ends up behind those two, he'll end up starting by mid-season.

Try this thread > Ahman absent at mini camp?

Three pages of discussion all on the Green Bay RB situation during & after the OTA's.

Since then, there's really been nothing.

We'll have to wait until full blown TC & pre season games, to develop opinions further. :D

Try this thread > Ahman absent at mini camp?

Three pages of discussion all on the Green Bay RB situation during & after the OTA's.

Since then, there's really been nothing.

We'll have to wait until full blown TC & pre season games, to develop opinions further. :D

No there won't be anything until TC. Ahman, Davenport, Gade, et all have to show what they have on the field. Davenports running style isn't a good one to staying healthy, Green looks like he won't be back, but who knows?

Deuce may be available later if BUSH PROVES HE CAN BE A #1 RB? Travis Henry?

Green is done. All four wheels fell off before he injured his quad.

Davenport is the most gifted, but hasnt played an entire season yet...

Gado reminds me of Nick Goings a few years back... Came in and produced very well, but is not suited to be an every day starter.

If we have a year as bad as the experts predict, im thinking Adrian Peterson... That would be nice. I digress...

I want no part of McCallisters injury riddled past and his hugh contract...

I remember watching Travis Henry play for the Bills a few years back. I remember him gutting out some games with something broken... Ribs? Anyways, I wouldnt mind throwing a 6th or 7th round pick for Henry. I think he may have something left...

Green is done. All four wheels fell off before he injured his quad.

Davenport is the most gifted, but hasnt played an entire season yet...

Gado reminds me of Nick Goings a few years back... Came in and produced very well, but is not suited to be an every day starter.

If we have a year as bad as the experts predict, im thinking Adrian Peterson... That would be nice. I digress...

I remember watching Travis Henry play for the Bills a few years back. I remember him gutting out some games with something broken... Ribs? Anyways, I wouldnt mind throwing a 6th or 7th round pick for Henry. I think he may have something left...

I'll say this. I see GB having a bad yr. But at the same token I can see them having a good yr. That D is vastly improved which could under these extreme cases. Make them a 9-7 or 8-8 team. Because Brett is still going to sling it like no other. And if thats the case. Peterson will not fall to them.

What injury riddled past?

Travis Henry had a slight fracture in his leg. A broken leg.

Edited by Randall

I'll say this. I see GB having a bad yr. But at the same token I can see them having a good yr. That D is vastly improved which could under these extreme cases. Make them a 9-7 or 8-8 team. Because Brett is still going to sling it like no other. And if thats the case. Peterson will not fall to them.

I have'nt had a drop to drink all day.I have no idea what this means.

Now this kind of prediction, is what's called going out on a limb....

.....NOT! :D

Well, he's appears to be eliminating the possibility of a mediocre year.

Oh wait, the "good year" is 9-7. All the bases are covered. I like it, I'm going to do all my projections for the year this way - "Drew Brees will be great in New Orleans, unless he isn't. I see him in the middle of the pack."

I have'nt had a drop to drink all day.I have no idea what this means.

Multiple personalities. :D

Perhaps he's looking at percentages and if they are lucky(unlike last year) it will be turned around.

Last seaon just about everything went wrong and it seems so many pundits see it not as an aberation but as a regular occurence. I don't. They lost 6 games by 3 points each. They could easily be 8-8 this year.

I think Deuce will remain a Saint for this year at least.

Michael Bennett, on the other hand, will become available if Deuce is recovered from the ACL injury and is actively being dangled by the Saints.

Houston, St Louis & KC are all reportedly interested in him.

BS1's post above is pretty much accurate; we won't know anything more till TC.

Aside from that, I agree with Chavez -- I've seen all three guys run a LOT and I can't imagine either Green or Davenport being healthy/effective enough to be the primary ball-carrier again. Green will probably see a lot of 3rd-down duty, since he catches well, but I believe Gado will be the team's leading rusher again.

I think Deuce will remain a Saint for this year at least.

Michael Bennett, on the other hand, will become available if Deuce is recovered from the ACL injury and is actively being dangled by the Saints.

Houston, St Louis & KC are all reportedly interested in him.

That's probably right. I doubt if they will keep both next year, but they may.

I'll say this. I see Green Bay having an unusually cold winter this year. The D is vastly improved, and my hemeroid creme is starting to work its magic. The new coach switched from a generic brand laundry detergent, to the new All-Purpose Tide™, so this should only improve his appearence. Mattel™ is currently working on the idea of maybe making a new Brett Farve action figure, complete with his own medical kit. While the local Denny's restaurants are offering free Pirate's of the Carribean merchandise with 6 proofs of purchase. And if that is the case Mark Chmura's conviction for allegedly molesting sheep mwhile on meth amphetamines will not be upheld.

Wow, so you think Davenport will step up?! Interesting take...

:D

I love this kind of thread. Ahman Green is 28 years old, and the 3 years previous to last year he averaged 15 games, 1774 total yards, & 12 TDs.

Davenport doesn't have the hands that a RB requires in the SF/WCO offense, and Gado is an aim-the-missle-at-the-hole type RB, which also isn't condusive to a WCO.

By the talk going on here that Green's career is over, I ought to be able to secure him way down in the draft - his ADP is about 60 right now. That means given his past performance that if he stays healthy - and one nasty injury last year doesn't negate the previous 5 years with GB where he only missed 3 games before that - that I have a great chance of securing a RB who will outpeform his draft position - quite possibly by a huge amount.

Keep up the good work, guys!

Oh, and keep up the talk about the terrible year that GB is going to have this year. GB is one year removed from a team that won 3 straight division titles and averaged 11 wins over the previous 4 years. Last year they were decimated by injuries that saw the team starting their 5th string RB & their #4 WR for significant portions of the year - how many teams could lose that many skill players & still be competitive, yet GB lost 8 of the 12 games last year by a TD or less. People got so down on Favre, but he was throwing a lot of those INTs at the ends of halves trying to move his team into a position to tie or win with little help on the field besides Driver.

This year they will have their weakest position - LB - well bolstered by the draft & FA, and their O-line has a season under its belt after undergoing serious turnover. I love GB as a team that will jump up & surprise people - not because they will have improved so dramatically, but rather because they will have gotten over a terrible atypical year & will return to normalcy.

By the talk going on here that Green's career is over, I ought to be able to secure him way down in the draft - his ADP is about 60 right now. That means given his past performance that if he stays healthy - and one nasty injury last year doesn't negate the previous 5 years with GB where he only missed 3 games before that - that I have a great chance of securing a RB who will outpeform his draft position - quite possibly by a huge amount.

Obviously you didn't bother reading the thread I provided the link to.

Just as a quick FYI for you, other NFL palyers have suffered a torn quadriceps injury before. Do you know how many were able to come back from it?

None, zip, zero & nanda.

Oh yeah! Those players weren't RB's either!

In the real world, only 80% of people suffering a torn quad return are able to return to their previous line of work and of that 80% only half of those enjoyed a 100% recovery.

The odds of Green returning to his previous form, just aren't that good. :D

Obviously you didn't bother reading the thread I provided the link to.

Just as a quick FYI for you, other NFL palyers have suffered a torn quadriceps injury before. Do you know how many were able to come back from it?

None, zip, zero & nanda.

Oh yeah! Those players weren't RB's either!

In the real world, only 80% of people suffering a torn quad return are able to return to their previous line of work and of that 80% only half of those enjoyed a 100% recovery.

The odds of Green returning to his previous form, just aren't that good. :D

Okay, I give. I read the thread you linked to, and didn't see much useful information. You provided a link to a pediatrics article that stated that "John Q. Public" takes 6 months of rehab to recover from a torn quadiceps, then speculated that it would take a pro athlete 1-2 months longer to recover, completely ignoring that pro athletes recover much faster from injuries than the average Joe does, because of all the advances in sports medicine and sports therapy that the average person doesn't have access to.

I didn't see any NFL players who have had torn quadiceps previously and were not able to recover. My research also didn't turn up many previous cases. Perhaps you can reprint the list of NFL players with torn quads who have undergone unsuccessful rehabilitation, since I missed it. TIA.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Missed this from the thread I guess?

Most patients can return to their previous occupations, but many cannot return to their preinjury activity level.

In a large study, Konrath and associates found that 83% of patients returned to their previous occupations, 51% were unable to return to their preinjury activity levels, and 53% had persistent quadriceps strength deficits (>20% compared with the uninjured leg).

Quadriceps Tendon Rupture - Prognosis

My bad on no NFL players coming back from a torn quadriceps tendon.

Santan Dotson and Steve Warren both came back from a torn quad tendon, but neither were the same player.

There's a couple of others who've suffered torn quads and it ended up being a career ender for them, but I'm too lazy to look 'em up.

But hey, if you're all fired up about drafting Green, knock yourself out.

Personally, I'd wait until I can see how he's recovered. TC & pre season will tell the tale.

I love this kind of thread. Ahman Green is 28 years old, and the 3 years previous to last year he averaged 15 games, 1774 total yards, & 12 TDs.

Davenport doesn't have the hands that a RB requires in the SF/WCO offense, and Gado is an aim-the-missle-at-the-hole type RB, which also isn't condusive to a WCO.

You should learn to use input from us GB homers the way most of us have learned to use your input on the Broncos. :D

It's pretty simple. There will be a LOT of players taken around the 60th ADP who will be surefire contributors. Even if he somehow, miraculously returns to 100% health this year (:D), he's still in one of the most uncertain RBBC situations in the league.

Secondly, it would be nice if the rest of the NFL had as much faith in his health as you do. ALL 32 NFL teams had a chance to sign him as a UFA. When NOBODY offered him a deal, he actually went on local TV and cried -- literally, tears -- about how he wants to continue playing as a Packer. Then, the Packers waited a while and signed him...to a deal they can terminate at ANY time with ZERO cap ramifications. If that doesn't tell you something about his injury prognosis, I don't know what will. :D

Never listen to NFC Norris homers about players on that team. They are notoriously the most blind homers in the NFL. esp ones who wear gay baseball outfits.

If I were a blind, myopic homer, I'd be telling you that Ahman Green will be totally fine, 100% by training camp, and on his way to a 1500-yard season.

What the hell are you talking about?