[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keith Davis

biggamer3

The incredible thing is that this is not even the first time he has been shot. I've driven 635 without getting shot though never at 5 AM. I would guess either he still is hanging with the wrong crowd (likely) or just in the wrong place at the wrong time yet again.

its great to see that it isnt life threatening

But Are you ever Sirious?

No, I'm XM.

Actually, as DMD somewhat alluded to, I don't hold out a lot of sympathies for people driving around at 5am on Sunday mornings who get shot at by people in cars with tinted windows.

Edited by godtomsatan

No, I'm XM.

Actually, as DMD somewhat alluded to, I don't hold out a lot of sympathies for people driving around at 5am on Sunday mornings who get shot at by people in cars with tinted windows.

OK i understand that you think he wasnt a "good person"

but lets not pass judgement on him so soon is all i'm saying

Cowboys' safety Davis shot twice, recoveringBy Len Pasquarelli

ESPN.com

Although details remain sketchy, a spokesman for the Dallas police confirmed that Cowboys' starting free safety Keith Davis was shot twice early Sunday morning as he was driving westbound on Interstate 635.

Davis, 27, is being treated at the Baylor Medical Center for wounds that are not considered life-threatening and he is listed in stable condition. Police declined to comment on reports that Davis was wounded in the thigh and the head.

It was not immediately known how the injuries will affect Davis' availability for the start of training camp or for the season. The Cowboys are scheduled to report to camp in Oxnard, Calif., on July 28.

This marks the second time in Davis' career that he has been victimized by a shooting. He was shot in 2003 while a bystander outside a Dallas-area nightclub, was subsequently released that year, and sat out the entire season. He rejoined the Cowboys in 2004.

A former Sam Houston State star, Davis blossomed for the Cowboys in 2005 after playing primarily on special teams his first two seasons in the league. He started 15 games last season and finished fourth on the team with 68 tackles. He also led the club in special teams tackles, with 16 and had a forced fumble.

In April, the New Orleans Saints signed Davis to a restricted free agent offer sheet, but the Cowboys retained the three-year veteran by matching the offer. The contract will pay Davis slightly more than $3 million and included a $1.2 million roster bonus. Davis, who entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 2002, is scheduled to earn a base salary of $825,000 for 2006.

If there was one shortcoming in Davis' performance in 2005, it was an absence of big plays, as he authored no interceptions or fumble recoveries and posted just three passes defensed. In terms of skills-set, Davis is probably better suited to strong safety, but Dallas already has a Pro Bowl-caliber playing at that position, in Roy Williams.

Police said that, as of Sunday afternoon, they had no motive for the shooting and continue to seek suspects.

probably a .22

When you're shot in the head and it's non-life threatening it's gotta be either a .22 or else maybe a bb gun. :D

He was shot in the thigh and the head. With the window down - even a BB could hit a head. With the window up - even a 22 could get past the glass to the head. But getting hit in the thigh means the bullet went through the door and that would have to be a large caliber handgun shooting non-hollowpoint bullets. I am not even sure that a 9 mm would go through a door.

No, I'm XM.

So.... I guess someone going fishing at 5am must be sort of dirt-baggish too? Over statement, but geeze.... let some facts come in before you throw a party.

There isnt a lot of fishing holes off of 635...

This was running with the wrong crowd.

That would explain an early start! :D He had a two hour drive to the lake!

I get the drift, but being on the road at 5am isn't of itself any sort of crime. I closed bars in my early to mid-twenties, but it doesn't mean I deserved to get shot in the head, either. I rip these young football players who repeatedly do stupid things too (Chris Henry comes to mind) but I generally wait to get some facts before I do.

Certainly the facts have not come out and it is premature to consider any assumption to ge highly likely. But - he was shot before standing in a crowd that somehow attracted a gunman and now he is shot again, driving his Impala on 635 at 5 AM. I doubt he has a paper route. I think it is a reasonable assumption that since it was a Saturday night/Sunday morning and has already hung out with "the wrong crowd" that it is the most reasonable connect the dots. This is the dead time for the NFL, players getting stuff out of their system before the grind of training camp and the season.

By no means does that justify it or diminish the crime, but it would explain why it could happen better than a random shooting. I mean if it was, this guy has some terrible luck.