[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good leagues to use?

j.abe325

Hi,

A newbie here to TheHuddle.com but not to fantasy football. I've been playing the last five years with my friends but haven't managed to get first in the group. Got second three times, fourth once, and somehow last year, after having a backfield of Larry Johnson and Shaun Alexander, managed to slip to fifth despite being in first up until the last six weeks of the season (freaking Brett Favre!).

However this year my group of friends are all going off our seperate ways to college and won't be able to manage our own league, unless its for no money. I'm interested in hearing what good sites are out there as good public league sites for money. I've been using Yahoo the last five years just to run the league. And we've been paying the last two. I'm looking into using CBS to buy my fantasy team but just wanted to get a second opinion out there. Searching for good fantasy leagues on the internet is like trying to find a gift for your girlfriend, all are do able but I would like to know the best one to use.

I was turned onto this site through a few sources, and was told it is the best.

Thanks for your support.

I use CBS for 2 leagues and like it very much. Only cons are price and sometimes, sometimes, customer service is slow. But I have had to use it less than 5 times in 5 years.

Alot of Huddlers don't like it but a silent minority still love it. I suspect the number one reason is cost.

$130 (sportsline) v $80 (myfantasyleague) is usually a big enough number for anyone. Plus MFL makes it feel like its Your league, alot more customizability when it comes to look and feel.

Edited by Def.

I use CBS for 2 leagues and like it very much. Only cons are price and sometimes, sometimes, customer service is slow. But I have had to use it less than 5 times in 5 years.

Alot of Huddlers don't like it but a silent minority still love it. I suspect the number one reason is cost.

I love CBS but customer service is candied yamse. You wait a few days for a reply and when you get it, it's a form letter with links to "like" questions from their FAQ Dept. and if no answers match, they ask you to wait 7 days and then resubmit :D

I like myfantasyleague of cbssportsline by a lot.

Fanball is horrible, stay away from it if at all possible.

Also RTSports...used it in a side league last year and it was a nightmare...it didnt even have IR possibilities and never received any response when trying go get assistance from them all year. :D

$130 (sportsline) v $80 (myfantasyleague) is usually a big enough number for anyone. Plus MFL makes it feel like its Your league, alot more customizability when it comes to look and feel.

Even less for MFL for returning customers as well as The Huddle discount. But the best thing about MFL IMO is still the customer support, it is absolutely top-notch. :D

We've used Sportsline for 6 years, and have never had an issue with the website. Though it is $50-60 more expensive than MFL, the cost, when divided between your entire league (10-12 teams) is only an extra $5-6 per team...not that big of a deal when you look at it that way.

We've used Sportsline for 6 years, and have never had an issue with the website. Though it is $50-60 more expensive than MFL, the cost, when divided between your entire league (10-12 teams) is only an extra $5-6 per team...not that big of a deal when you look at it that way.

But is the product all that much better?

But is the product all that much better?

Not sure...never used MFL, though this year I joined a Huddle League where I will get to try it for the first time. As I mentioned, we have used Sportsline for several years, and the reason we have never made a change is that we have never had to....everyone is very satisfied with the product, league, and service.

I think average/novice FFL'ers like Sportsline, if nothing else than the fact that it is website that encompasses lots of sports-related stuff in one spot. When looking at your fantasy league, you can also have quick access to baseball, hockey, etc related-topics on the same homepage. Its just seems very user-friendly.

If price was an issue, we'd certainly consider a change...but again, for the extra $5-6 per person, not once in our time there has anyone ever said "Let's shop for something else...this is too expensive."

I am sure if we had a product issue that affected our league, we'd have a change of heart, but again, we have been completely satisifed.

Never used but FWIW I have heard almost entirely good things about RTSports and Fanball. We use MFL and it's not perfect but the best overall from what I can tell. Getting a little worried about the price hikes though - get much more expensive and I may switch.

I took my league from CBS to MFL one year. You'da thought they were a bunch of old grannies. They weren't used to the layout of MFL and had trouble with navigation. So it was back to CBS the next Season. CBS is more user friendly but as stated earlier, the support of MFL is much better than CBS.

Edited by loaf

It sounds like you are more interested in looking to join a public league rather than looking for a league management service. MFL provides league management, not leagues.

From what I hear, ESPNs public leagues are fairly good, but, as with all public leagues, especially the free ones, you will get several teams where the owner won't even participate, he wont be there for the draft and he wont manage his team, so you are better off with the pay version of the leagues.

Thanks for all of your help. I was interested in just a public pay league that gave a league prize. I think thats what CBSSportsline offers. I'm trying to avoid using ESPN and Yahoo since their pay leagues aren't worth the money.

And just for curiousity, what are good public dynasty or keeper leagues?