[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which is the best/worst divisions in football? Name your top 3 & bottom 1.

TDFFFreak

Top 3 (no order):

AFC North - Pitt won the SB and Cincy were legit contenders last year and both come back pretty well intact; Bal improves on offense with the additions of McNair and Mike Anderson; Cle will also be better but faces a tough uphill climb

AFC West - Den is always a very good team under Shanny; SD may take a slight step back with Rivers, but Marty always fields a competitive team, they've got a solid D, and Gates and LT are game-changers; not sold on Herm Edwards as a great coach, but LJ was a MONSTER last year and all the pieces of the passing game remain in place; Oak sucks

NFC East - NYG should keep improving, Gibbs looks to have regained his winning touch after a rocky start in Was, Dal under the Tuna will be tough; Philly's '05 season was an aberration but they're still pretty darn good

Worst:

NFC North - Chicago is the best team and they barely have anything resembling an offense; the Vikes have "won" the offseason for 2 straight years, but they're starting my grandpa at QB, have no proven WRs, and I am completely unconvinced Brad Childress is head-coaching material; Pack has ? at WR, RB, and on the OL - D should be solid, but as far as McCarthy goes, see "Childress, Brad"; Lions are perpetually rebuilding. I like the Marinelli hire and Martz should improve the O, but the Puddy Tats got a long way to go

I think a case could also be made for the AFC South as the worst division.

I also think your top 3 could be shuffled too, but those would be my top 3 as well (just potentially a different order). I personally think the NFC East is better top to bottom then the AFC West, but it's debatable.

EDIT: I just saw that the list is in no particular order.

Edited by TDFFFreak

I also think your top 3 could be shuffled too, but those would be my top 3 as well (just potentially a different order). I personally think the NFC East is better top to bottom then the AFC West, but it's debatable.

EDIT: I just saw that the list is in no particular order.

I'd probably put the AFC North and NFC East at 1 and 2 respectively - I think the AFC North has more talent and maybe a slight edge in coaching (yes, I just said those guys are better than the Tuna, Gibbs, and Reid) than the NFC East, and those two divisions have more continuity than the AFC West.

Top three divisions

1. NFC East - The top three teams Skins, Giants, and Cowboys have improved their teams or at least not regressed and all have good a shot to make the playoffs. The Eagles should be a bit better than last years 6-10 record.

2. AFC West - The Broncos and Chiefs are solid and if Rivers somehow matures faster than most 1st year QBs the Charrgers could surprise. The Raiders suck of course but possibly not as bad as some last place teams.

3. AFC North - Tough choice here with the NFC South finishing just behind the AFC North. The better conference/competition made a big difference. I don't see much letdown from the Steelers. If Palmer can come back Cincy will be very good again and the Ravens could be much better with better QB and O-line play. Cleveland certainly isn't the worst of the cellar dwellers.

Worst division

NFC West - After Seattle there isn't much there. The Rams could be a little better with Linehan as their head coach and for the umptenth year in a row everyone thinks this is the year Arizona will get better. I'll believe it when I see it. San Francisco is still one of the worst teams in the league.