[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Food beverage Forum Idea....

Pope Flick

Along the lines of Huddle Buddy I guess.

here's the dealio: I live out in Los Angeles, and a buddy of mine had, at a recent BBQ, some bbq sauce that was from carolina and was vinegar based. The stuff kicked ass. but, of course you can't get it out here.

So....I'd love to find someone will to find me some real southern bbq sauce and work out a trade perhaps for some hot suce from out here ( I don't know if they have rooster sauce elsewhere for instance), straight cash, barter over something else etc.

in other words, let's share some regional tastes instead of merely talking about them.

And no, I don't know the sauce label. But a vinegar or mustard bbq sauce simply don't exist out here. That's what I'm after.

Who's game?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the NC style stuff too. It’s not so widely available he in Delaware, but I find it really easy to make. The basic recipe I use goes a little like this:

1 quart cider vinegar

½- cup hot sauce

2 cups brown sugar, packed

TS black pepper

TS kosher or sea salt

1/2-cup crushed red pepper

I bring it to a boil, let it cool, and refrigerate it in a mason jar. I’ll also add fresh herbs, molasses, dried habanera powder, or a little white vinegar to customize the sauce to fit whatever brines or rubs I might be using.

I already did this once with McNasty...actually, I lost a bet so I had to send him some brats; he sent me nothing but compliments.

I'll do it for ya, just let me know, as there is vin and mustard, and vin and tabsco/texas pete base.

:D

I've long thought about doing this...unfortunately Cleveland doesn't really have any good exports :D

Except the Stadium Mustard. If anyone wants to try some...let me know what you have to trade!

I've long thought about doing this...unfortunately Cleveland doesn't really have any good exports :D

Except the Stadium Mustard. If anyone wants to try some...let me know what you have to trade!

I would consider a bottle of the Stadium mustard for a bottle of Gates BBQ sauce.

Tempting, but a buddy of mine from Cleveland out here buys it once a year by the case. :D

I would be willing to do somethin like that but I don't know what the hell we have to offer near Detroit? Maybe some Better Made potato chips (I think those are local), Vernors ginger ale, or White Castle sliders. Although I may be willing to part with a small portion of my Uncle Ben's seasoning for the right thing :D

I would be willing to do somethin like that but I don't know what the hell we have to offer near Detroit? Maybe some Better Made potato chips (I think those are local), Vernors ginger ale, or White Castle sliders. Although I may be willing to part with a small portion of my Uncle Ben's seasoning for the right thing :D

Do you have Old Dutch potato chips there?

Always looking for a different seasoning salt. Trade for some BBQ sauce?

oh yeah baby, KC sauce is the best IMHO ..... Johnny's is good on everything. All meats, fish, salads and eggs too. use the stuff a lot

now thinking of some burnt ends for some reason :D

you got it swamp...any Zapp's chips lying around NC? If so, I could use some of those tasty Mesquite BBQ...If not, let me know what ya might have...

There's a few places that sell Zapp's. I'll see if I can find the BBQ. If not, I'll put together something. I'll pm you an address, and send me yours in return.