[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thomas Jones

Timmypg

Hey Bears fans, look at the bright side.

You could be Brownie fans.

A day to day tight hammy for TJ, is a whole lot better than a season ending torn patella for Bentley.

Haha yeah, true. We have Cedric Benson, who do the Browns have behind Bentley?

:D ....

:D Picked up Benson mid/late year after I was doubting making the playoffs in a keeper league. :D

BTW....Also grabbed Ronnie Brown from a guy who was going all the way late in the year. I guess I don't have to worry about how Dom Davis is doing anymore if all this TJ stuff continues. I think I know who my 2 keepers will be. :D

I'm looking for someone to take the 12th spot in a $1000 re-draft league. PM me for my paypal addy.

Well..let us make a bet than Pudwhacked. 1st let us make sure how injured ole Jonesy is. if indeed he is gonna stay out and Ced HAS the job...I will let you predraft the 1st round. and I will pick 1 player off that list that I think Ced will outplay(if he is indeed the starter). me and you can figure out a sum and put some money on it. next time you take your foot out of your mouth let me know if you wanna do this.

He has just made Cedric Benson a 1st round pick IMO.

Well..let us make a bet than Pudwhacked. 1st let us make sure how injured ole Jonesy is. if indeed he is gonna stay out and Ced HAS the job .

:D

Sorry, draft started a few minutes ago and the 12th pick is up. Benson is still available and your spot is saved. PM me for details.

The conspiracy theories about Jones' injury are flying on local sports talk radio. Some people are :D as to why a player who supposedly was in great shape could hurt a hammy during a conditioning test. They think the Bears are either close to trading Jones and don't want anything to happen to him, or Jones is goldbricking because he wants out of Chi-town and the team is "punishing him." Take it all with a grain of salt like I am, but I thought I would pass this along.

The conspiracy theories about Jones' injury are flying on local sports talk radio. Some people are :D as to why a player who supposedly was in great shape could hurt a hammy during a conditioning test. They think the Bears are either close to trading Jones and don't want anything to happen to him, or Jones is goldbricking because he wants out of Chi-town and the team is "punishing him." Take it all with a grain of salt like I am, but I thought I would pass this along.

Hinting that he's in any way injured doesn't help his trade value.

It's a damed shame b/c I've always liked TJ--I paired him up last yr with LT in my local league--laugh if you want to. Like he said, he keeps his mouth shut, plays hard, and understands the "business" side of the game. I know that Chicago as an organization doesn't have alot of patience with hurt players...Cedric went down and ultimately out last yr as you know. But they keep their hopes up with the QB (aka Glassman)...TJ has held them together for the past 2 yrs on the offensive side of the ball. If they can't respect that and give him a little leeway, then they suck...just ranting because I hate to see the TJ player-haters

For some reason I feel that TJ is not really hurt. I think he is continuing with what he started when he missed his off-season training camps.

He does not want to share time with Benson, he wants to cash in on his 1,300 yard season and he hired drew rosenhaus,

As a bears fan, I would like for Jones to stay.

If he stays I think TJ will be the starting RB week 1 for the bears, because of what he did last year. I don’t see lovie smith starting Benson cause he got $16 million.

IMO, Jones tweaked his hammy, he's not faking anything--they had to put him on the PUP before training camp started so they could bring in another body to take up space.

He'll miss the first few games of pre-season and he'll be in a full RBBC this year. If he wants to act bigger than the team, they'll not stand for it, and he'll be traded.

IMO, Jones tweaked his hammy, he's not faking anything--they had to put him on the PUP before training camp started so they could bring in another body to take up space.

He'll miss the first few games of pre-season and he'll be in a full RBBC this year. If he wants to act bigger than the team, they'll not stand for it, and he'll be traded.

Who knows if Jones if faking an injury or not. The RB situation at Chicago right now is unpredictable and Jones doesn't seem happy. Either of these guys have the ability to put up some good #'s but RBBC seems the most likely scenario. Jones was the best weapon on Chicago's O last year but a potential young phenom is waiting in the wings. I think everyone is reading much way too much into this hamstring tweak. Barring some clarity closer to the start of the season, either of these guys is too risky for an early round pick. Both have decent upside (especially Benson), but right now, I'd bet on 2 RB's sharing the ball.

Man a Lelie for Thomas Jones trade sure sounds good to me!

I guess it's in the realm of possibility if things continue to go downhill, but why would Chicago want to deal an effective RB to Mike Shanahan for Lelie? What could Lelie bring to the table opposite of Muhammed with Grossman/Griese that he couldn't bring in Denver opposite of Smith with Plummer?

The Chicago RB situation is either being blown out of proportion or the Bears management held onto Jones too long.

Edited by bushwacked

KFFL Hot Off The Wire

Bears | Team contacted by Denver about Jones' trade

Thu, 27 Jul 2006 18:28:38 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Denver Broncos recently approached the Chicago Bears about the availability of RB Thomas Jones. The bait dangled by the Broncos in their efforts to upgrade at running back was disgruntled WR Ashley Lelie. Denver was rebuffed by the Bears but the inquiry offers at least circumstantial evidence that the Broncos may not feel comfortable with their options at tailback.