[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KFFL Notes

Avernus

Eagles | Bunkley arrested during the past week?

Thu, 27 Jul 2006 23:48:23 -0700

ComcastSportsNet.com reports, citing Profootballtalk.com, Philadelphia Eagles first-round draft pick DT Brodrick Bunkley was arrested in the past week for having a loaded handgun on the dashboard of his car. The report claims that efforts to have the charges dropped quietly were denied by prosecutors.

49ers | Contract update: M. Lawson

Thu, 27 Jul 2006 23:46:17 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports San Francisco 49ers rookie LB Manny Lawson will sign a five-year, $8.515 million contract with the team.

Patriots | Contract update: L. Maroney

Thu, 27 Jul 2006 23:33:57 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports New England Patriots rookie RB Laurence Maroney will sign a five-year, $8 million contract with the team.

Raiders | Jordan says he fits Shell's offense

Thu, 27 Jul 2006 23:29:08 -0700

Chace Bryson, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders RB LaMont Jordan said Thursday, July 27, he fits head coach Art Shell's offense because of his power-running style. "This offense is definitely geared more toward my running style,'' said Jordan, who was a backup with the New York Jets for four seasons before signing with the Raiders as a free agent in March 2005. "Last year we did a lot more running sideways, which I didn't like nor did the linemen like. This year you can tell coach Shell's mentality is downhill power football.''

Panthers | Williams' contract has a maximum value of nearly $10 million

Thu, 27 Jul 2006 22:25:02 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports Carolina Panthers rookie RB DeAngelo Williams' five-year contract has a maximum value of nearly $10 million. The deal, negotiated by agent Jimmy Sexton over the last two days, includes $5 million in guarantees.

Texans | Moulds excited about team's system

Thu, 27 Jul 2006 22:23:42 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports Houston Texans WR Eric Moulds said he was excited about the team's offensive system. "It is a great system to be in. I think that it is a receiver-friendly system. I think that we have some players. Our tight ends. We are going to use a lot of guys."

Texans | D. Davis discusses health and other topics

Thu, 27 Jul 2006 22:16:11 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports Houston Texans RB Domanick Davis (knee) discussed his health situation Thursday, July 27. "I think I'm going to be a one-a-day guy and just slowly get into it and take my time. I'm just focusing on getting myself together and to be ready when it's time." He was asked about the team's zone blocking schemes and replied: "This is the real zone blocking. We started last year and we kind of got away from it. We were trying other things that other teams were doing at that time. It's a big difference. Guys like it because they're all on the same page now and it's looking really good. I can't wait to be out there running behind it." Davis said his knee is not 100 percent, but getting close. When asked about his preseason playing time he replied: "I'm not sure. I'm just taking it one day at a time. I'm going to get out there and practice tomorrow. Like I said, I'm going to be a one-a-day guy and just do what it allows me to do."

Browns | Frye looks good so far

Thu, 27 Jul 2006 22:04:22 -0700

Mike McLain, of the Tribune Chronicle, reports Cleveland Browns QB Charlie Frye has thrown the ball well in the early stages of training camp. Most noticeable is that he's throwing a tight spiral. Many of his passes last year wobbled into the hands of his receivers.

Edited by Avernus

Eagles | Bunkley arrested during the past week?

Thu, 27 Jul 2006 23:48:23 -0700

ComcastSportsNet.com reports, citing Profootballtalk.com, Philadelphia Eagles first-round draft pick DT Brodrick Bunkley was arrested in the past week for having a loaded handgun on the dashboard of his car. The report claims that efforts to have the charges dropped quietly were denied by prosecutors.

Andy Reid stated this is a false rumor.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNews...il.jsp?id=51990

PFT made a mistake saying it was Bunkley who was arrested.

It was actually Gaffney.

Routine traffic stop and he had a pistol in the car. Had his Texas permit for it, but not in New Jersey.

This also happened over a month ago.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Eagles wide receiver Jabar Gaffney was arrested and charged with unlawful possession of a handgun following a traffic stop last month, county prosecutors said Friday.

Gaffney had a permit to carry the weapon in Texas, but not in New Jersey, Camden County prosecutors said. The charge carries a maximum five-year sentence but most first-time offenders get no jail time.

Gaffney, 25, was stopped on June 20 by police for driving erratically on the Walt Whitman Bridge, which connects Philadelphia and New Jersey. As Gaffney was reaching into the glove compartment, the officer saw the handgun, a loaded .380 semiautomatic that was registered to another person riding in the car.

Gaffney showed the officer his concealed-weapon license, but he was charged and released on his own recognizance.

Prosecutors said Gaffney intends to apply for a program for first-time offenders that result in charges being dismissed upon completion of the program. Gaffney's attorney, Robert A. Greenberg, didn't immediately return a message left Friday morning.

Eagles coach Andy Reid said the charges were the result of a misunderstanding.

"He had the gun registered in the state of Texas, he thought it was fine on his move up here," Reid said. "Jabar is not the kind of guy I'm too worried about. He's a pretty straight shooter. ... No pun intended there."

PFT made a mistake saying it was Bunkley who was arrested.

It was actually Gaffney.

Routine traffic stop and he had a pistol in the car. Had his Texas permit for it, but not in New Jersey.

This also happened over a month ago.

apparently they just wanted to make something sound alot worse than it was...

typical of PFT

I like my chances with Jordan and their new running style.

see...I am not concerned with his running style...I just want to know he'll be catching the ball more than 3 times a game on average...

I am not getting that so far...I hear nothing about him being as involved in the passing game...

of course...their weakness was running the ball, so they want to fix that, but I want to be assured of certain things :D