[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you get your wife to let you watch football all day?

jhusted

Every year I run in to this problem. She doesn't like it when I watch football all day on Sunday when she will just takes a nap or does whatever..... :D

A Budy of mine TRY to get our wives together and get them both to scrapbook because they both like to do it and it allows us to watch any game(s) that are on. Works great when we can do it.... We just watch the Kids / Games and eat food. PERFECT! PLUS they leave us alone.

We call it scrapbook season NOT FOOTBALL SEASON. They start to get a little grumpy if they hear that "FOOTBALL SEASON" term.

Looking for other ideas that will work....

What do you that will allowed to watch football all day on an NFL SUNDAY??

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year I run in to this problem. She doesn't like it when I watch football all day on Sunday when she will just takes a nap or does whatever..... :D

A Budy of mine TRY to get our wives together and get them both to scrapbook because they both like to do it and it allows us to watch any game(s) that are on. Works great when we can do it.... We just watch the Kids / Games and eat food. PERFECT! PLUS they leave us alone.

We call it scrapbook season NOT FOOTBALL SEASON. They start to get a little grumpy if they hear that "FOOTBALL SEASON" term.

I give my wife the checkbook and she leaves at noon and I do not see her til the mall closes. By the time she gets home she is tired and goes on to bed. It works, but it gets expensive.

Edited by Popeye

A group of us get together every Sunday. The wives and the guys get together, socialize, drink beer, watch football. But we also make a big deal about the food we bring. Little food competitions, chili cookoffs and the like. It gives the women something to focus on other than football. Now that they're exposed to it on a weekly basis, they're starting to get into the football spirit as well as the food spirit.

Edited by Kid Cid

My wife just knows, that I'm going to watch football all day, and doesn't say anything about it. She will watch the Cowboy games, and then she goes down stairs and cooks dinner. It has really never been a problem. She actually buys the Ticket for me so she wants to see me get our money's worth.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I converted my wife into a huge football fan. I am a season ticket holder for the Eagles, so whenever I am at games, she watches football all day herself and gives me fantasy score updates.. She also helps me run one of my drafts and cooks for the crew on draft day. She is a wonderful woman.

Sorry to hear that you married a dud. If your wife can't understand how much you love football and enjoy to watch it, that's her problem. Now grow a set and and act like a man. Scrapbook season????? What the hell's wrong with you how in the world could you call Football season anything else. It's Scrapbook Season, yeah that sounds real manly. Dude if you let her wear the pants then shut up and wear the skirt. Otherwise stop calling it Scrapbook Season and prancing around the house whispering in dark corners about football and just call it what it is - The Best Frigin Time of the Year!!!

Sorry to hear that you married a dud. If your wife can't understand how much you love football and enjoy to watch it, that's her problem. Now grow a set and and act like a man. Scrapbook season????? What the hell's wrong with you how in the world could you call Football season anything else. It's Scrapbook Season, yeah that sounds real manly. Dude if you let her wear the pants then shut up and wear the skirt. Otherwise stop calling it Scrapbook Season and prancing around the house whispering in dark corners about football and just call it what it is - The Best Frigin Time of the Year!!!

:D

Let her know that part or all of your FF winnings will go towards a new purchase for the house. Or get her involved in fantasy football. Kid Cid's route is a big winner too: turn it into a social occasion you can both enjoy.

If that doesn't work then you married a women who enjoys being miserable, and misery loves company....

My wife just knows, that I'm going to watch football all day, and doesn't say anything about it. She will watch the Cowboy games, and then she goes down stairs and cooks dinner. It has really never been a problem. She actually buys the Ticket for me so she wants to see me get our money's worth.

Same here, except its the Texans, not the Cowboys....she is smarter than that.

Stop at the store on Saturday and buy lots of pie fixings, then tell her to get her sorry ass in the kitchen on Sunday and make me some pies, lady dog - and don't come out until they're all done.

Seriously, though. It is understood in the BB household that football season is about to start for the men, so shopping season is starting for the women. Good tradeoff, as everyone wins with no complaining.

Best post yet Irish! :D

1 ) Mow the lawn or whatever else I need to do during the week.

2 ) Saturdays I spend with her. Its her time.

3 ) Sundays are mine.

Yup this is my plan as well. Plus I give her $$ and send her on her way, mainly cause she doesn't like how loud and how much I get into it(Not only am I screaming I taught both the boys to throw there arms in the air and scream TOUCHDOWN K A N S A S C I T Y). She absolutely HATES sports, so we are complete opposites in that regard. Either way she has grown to deal with it, cause she has to and I am good to her.

Edited by Hat Trick

I told my wife when we first started dating that she coulsd find my ass on the couch or at the games on Sunday, if she had a problem with it we should stop dating. It's been 10 years of very little complaining... I even take my satellite with me when hunting and am watching games from 11:00 to 10:00 at night in 4 feet of snow camping in a tent!!

Over the years, my wife has become a huge NFL fan. She just watches differently than I do. I like to watch the strategy, the patterns, etc. She likes the "soap opera" part of the game. "T.O. = Bad; Favre fighting old age etc."

Not sure though that you can "make" someone like it though, if she likes it, she'll watch it, if not - she wont. The trick would be to support her in whatever totally irrational thing makes her happy, so she can support you in your irrational love of the NFL.

All kidding aside, there is some very good advice in this thread. Life is always a series of compromises, I am sure that with some give and take the two of you can come to some understanding. Good luck!

Trust me on this one. Put your foot down early in the relationship. Sunday is football day. Plain and simple. No mall. No lawncare. Nobody in front of the television. Only football friendly visitors.

If you can find a woman to agree to those terms, you are off to a great start in a successful relationship.